Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adolph Hitler
(06-23-2015, 09:43 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: What's the extraordinary claim though, outside ( Hitler ) surviving the bunker? Where's the extreme claim in the OP?

I stopped reading when I got to the part about the Nazi leaders being re-incarnated wizards using a magic sword to try and take over the world.

Doesn't that sound a bit extreme  to you?
(06-23-2015, 10:28 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: GoV isn't a new series, it's a prequel to what I just read. I just ordered it since it isn't released in the U.S. I will have to look into those others, thanks!

Oh.  Yeah I just got it in.  That's the series that ends with most of the guys you like being dead,  and you think the hero is going to be left buried to die for disobeying isn't it?  It began with them landing in his village and they kill everyone and take him.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-23-2015, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I stopped reading when I got to the part about the Nazi leaders being re-incarnated wizards using a magic sword to try and take over the world.

Doesn't that sound a bit extreme  to you?

It does......but then, the Nazis were pretty extreme.....

"Better send those refunds..."

(06-23-2015, 11:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh.  Yeah I just got it in.  That's the series that ends with most of the guys you like being dead,  and you think the hero is going to be left buried to die for disobeying isn't it?  It began with them landing in his village and they kill everyone and take him.  

Yep. GoV is the story of, essentially, the formation of the original Wolfpack. Sigurd, Black Floki, Svein, Bram, Olaf, etc. So some of the best guys that do not make it through the Raven Saga you get to read more about.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-23-2015, 02:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't lack understanding of anything.  

Sounds like OSUche.  Bold statement Fred.
(06-23-2015, 12:56 AM)MBenton Wrote: Two things jump out to me. I just skimmed the posts (will read them when I've got more time), but...

1- The Spear. This one has always stuck out to me. The main problem I have with it is for the Spear to have any otherworldly power, then it's only based off of the Christian belief that Jesus was a small manifestation of God. Ok, is he was, then that means God is real. And if He is, then Scripture holds true, which means someone having the spear would have the ability to alter God's plan, which would then make God not omnipotent or omniscient.  

It's a paradox. If there is a divine spear, it runs counter to the religion. And if Christianity is wrong and Jesus was a crazy guy (not my personal belief, but that's another thread), then the spear has no power.

2- German UFO's, moon bases, subterranean bases, etc. This may have been covered some in your stuff, but after the war the CIA created new identities for the best and brightest Nazi scientists and spies. Our making it to the moon was thanks in large part to German scientists. If they had flying saucers, moon bases, flying fortresses or the like, we would most likely have had much better, as we basically took everything the Germans had and built on it.
I don't think Hitler or his Cabinet didn't believe in god. The Third Reich is after all, the 3rd rule of Rome. If he followed madam Blavatsky then he believed the god Christians worship is actually an evil god. 'Light is dark, dark is light' type of thing. The thing about that though, as I've mentioned, many powerful and inspirational people believe and have believ d the same thing. If there is a hidden knowledge, and this is it or part of it, wouldn't it turn the world on its head? Just because we are unaware of such things doesn't mean it's less true. Available knowledge is akin to the inter webs. Most o us are only aware of what we can find that's available to us via common search engines. We are unaware of the dark web that's said to contain thousands times more data. Or 'history is written by the victors'. 
If the spear is real, I don't believe it's a paradox, necessarily. Just not what we were lead to believe is all. 
This was very interesting to say the least.  The whole Antarctica thing was a new one on me, and I thought I had seen/heard about all of it concerning the Nazis.  

Both of my grandfathers fought in WWII, and my wife's grandfather was a German refugee that wound up in Cincy.  I've always had a great interest in the war, and have had the rare privilege to discuss it with living folks from both sides of that fence.....although her grandfather did not participate, he witnessed the beginnings of the atrocities.  Her great uncle was a superior in the Nazi railroad leadership, so you know what that means......

The family patriarch never revealed that.  A couple of the sons discovered it after the old man's passing.  I don't think he was much of a fan, judging from our conversations, and the fact that he came across the Atlantic with an infant daughter, his wife, and nothing else.....and he was quite an accomplished machinist in Germany, considering his age at the time.

"Better send those refunds..."