Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remaining Big Board
There appear to be some really good players left in this draft:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

Who would you like to see the Bengals draft from the remaining locus of players?

I'd be thinking:

1.  Azeez Ojulari
2.  Samuel Cosmi
3.  Liam Eichenberg
4.  Jalen Mayfield
5.  Trey Smith
6.  Owusu-Koramoah
7.  Dillon Radunz
8.  Tevin Jenkins
9.  Carlos Basham

Passing on OL at 38 would indeed be scary, buuuut...I'd do it for the right value.  There are plenty left and there's no law against trading back up. 
Reply/Quote
I think it's really interesting to see the different opinions on players the longer the draft plays out.

This is CBS Sports list of best available.

16 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB ND

17 Trevon Moehrig S TCU

18 Azeez Ojulari EDGE UGA

20 Rondale Moore WR PURDUE

23 Teven Jenkins OL OKLAST

24 Asante Samuel Jr. CB FSU

26 Christian Barmore DL BAMA

28 Levi Onwuzurike DL WASH

29 Joseph Ossai EDGE TEXAS

33 Elijah Moore WR MISS

36 Richie Grant S UCF

38 Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU (NO WAY HE MAKES IT OUT OF ROUND ONE!!! - Nico)

39 Tyson Campbell CB UGA

40 Javonte Williams RB UNC

Based on this list... if you actually believe the "hype" that the OL class is super deep, then you better take BPA and not reach for need. And those DL guys are right there waiting.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:47 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: There appear to be some really good players left in this draft:

Who would you like to see the Bengals draft from the remaining locus of players?

I'd be thinking:

1.  Azeez Ojulari
2.  Samuel Cosmi
3.  Liam Eichenberg
4.  Jalen Mayfield
5.  Trey Smith
6.  Owusu-Koramoah
7.  Dillon Radunz
8.  Tevin Jenkins
9.  Carlos Basham

Passing on OL at 38 would indeed be scary, buuuut...I'd do it for the right value.  There are plenty left and there's no law against trading back up. 
Yeah I think Dallas wants a CB and they're not far back and have 3 3rd rounders. Hopefully we could trade back a little and get an extra 3rd. I think we need two OL just with our needs and the depth of this draft. But it would be nice to get some pass rush/defensive help in day two.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 06:51 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I think Dallas wants a CB and they're not far back and have 3 3rd rounders. Hopefully we could trade back a little and get an extra 3rd. I think we need two OL just with our needs and the depth of this draft. But it would be nice to get some pass rush/defensive help in day two.
Good point on Dallas.  Samuel may look very tempting to Jerruh.  I'd love to overcharge him.

One factor:  Are they looking for a tackle or a guard?  Or a guy who can play both?  There are some IOL guys -- Dickerson, Meinerz, Davis, Humphrey, Green, Trey Smith -- that they can pick up later in the second or in the third.  So yeah, trade back if they are looking for a C-G.  Or take Ojulari (!) or Barmore and get the IOL in the third.  Yes, the wait would be hairy.  But as they say, no risk it, no biscuit.

Man, there are a lot of tackles -- Little, Jenkins, Radunz, Cosmi, Carman, Eichenberg, Christensen, Mayfield.

And many less receivers.  Another reason Chase was the best choice.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 06:51 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I think Dallas wants a CB and they're not far back and have 3 3rd rounders. Hopefully we could trade back a little and get an extra 3rd. I think we need two OL just with our needs and the depth of this draft. But it would be nice to get some pass rush/defensive help in day two.

Some of the Bengals.com articles mentioned 2nd round could be where they trade back.

I’m usually a trade back all the time guy. But if Teven Jenkins and/or Eichenberg are on the board I hope we pull the trigger on one of them
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 07:28 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Good point on Dallas.  Samuel may look very tempting to Jerruh.  I'd love to overcharge him.

One factor:  Are they looking for a tackle or a guard?  Or a guy who can play both?  There are some IOL guys -- Dickerson, Meinerz, Davis, Humphrey, Green, Trey Smith -- that they can pick up later in the second or in the third.  So yeah, trade back if they are looking for a C-G.  Or take Ojulari (!) or Barmore and get the IOL in the third.  Yes, the wait would be hairy.  But as they say, no risk it, no biscuit.

Man, there are a lot of tackles -- Little, Jenkins, Radunz, Cosmi, Carman, Eichenberg, Christensen, Mayfield.

And many less receivers.  Another reason Chase was the best choice.

I think the Bengals modus operandi is to take Guard/OT prospect so he can play guard for year then kick outside.  Jenkins and Mayfield and Carman fit the bill nicely.  

Speaking of Mayfield, he is an enigma.  I don't know what to think.  He played better 2020 and seems like a Bengal pick.  

Most of the top OL prospects available seems to be power gap and not sure on fit.  So I am worried that JOK (LB), and Perkins (edge) may be tempting for Bengals.  Maybe Dickerson who has high risk reward.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:47 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: There appear to be some really good players left in this draft:

I'd be thinking:

1.  Azeez Ojulari
2.  Samuel Cosmi
3.  Liam Eichenberg
4.  Jalen Mayfield
5.  Trey Smith
6.  Owusu-Koramoah
7.  Dillon Radunz
8.  Tevin Jenkins
9.  Carlos Basham

This is going to sound like I think I am the Raiders (know stuff that no one else does), but how is Spencer Brown rated below these tackles?  Caliber of competition?  After a full year off football (his division's choice, not his) he struggled EARLY (like, Day 1) at the Senior Bowl, but by the end of the week, he was dominant at times and was playing very well.  

There is no prospect that has his length, his strength (500 lb bench with >34" arms and over 600 lb squat at 6'8"), his speed (4.90 forty), and his agility (6.96 three cone and a ridiculous 4.34 short shuttle...which was RB territory).  He is raw, but has played at RT since arriving to college as a skinny TE.  He is now close to 320 lbs.  I just have never seen a tackle with his abilities.  He could redshirt and develop behind Reiff for a year and perhaps push him to start or kick inside by mid-season.

From one scouting publication at the Senior Bowl:  “Spencer Brown trended up throughout the Senior Bowl’s National Team practices, which is always what you want to see. He had a bit of a rocky start and needed to adjust to improve his leverage against lower opponents. Brown managed to do that through Wednesday and Thursday. He improved his composure and was more consistent with his hands, and his tremendous athletic traits started to shine through as a result. Brown successfully validated his upside at the Senior Bowl. He didn’t take over, but he did the next best thing — he grew.”

If Brown came in to the Senior Bowl and lit it up from the word go, he would have gone in Rd 1, but he struggled early and worked through it...showed he could improve in ONE WEEK.  This is my guy.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Some of the Bengals.com articles mentioned 2nd round could be where they trade back.

I’m usually a trade back all the time guy. But if Teven Jenkins and/or Eichenberg are on the board I hope we pull the trigger on one of them
Yeah if the Bengals really like a certain guy I'd pull the trigger. It's just looking like almost best case scenario for us with some guys falling into the 2nd. So if they like several guys I'd trade down. 
Reply/Quote

I'd be thinking:

1.  Azeez Ojulari
2.  Samuel Cosmi
3.  Liam Eichenberg
4.  Jalen Mayfield
5.  Trey Smith

6.  Owusu-Koramoah
7.  Dillon Radunz
8.  Tevin Jenkins
9.  Carlos Basham

Yeah, not to be a smartass but I'd only be interested in the bolded three. Even then, Jenkins doesn't strike me as a Bengals pick. We'll just overthink it and come up with some lame excuse, like his hip gives us cause for concern and/or his technique can't 'handle' speed rushers (pun intended)... it's all nonsense, but I still don't see us taking him.

JOK is an absolute stud and it would make everything worthwhile, but since when do we pounce on opportunities? Since when do we adapt? Lol no, we set our mind on things and pursue them come hell or high water like the stubborn 85-year-old men that we are.

Basham's not out of the question imo. I'd also look at Perkins. Desperately need an edge before they're gone. And then Humphrey as well, if we plan to stay linemen.

But those are dreams. At the end of the day, there is no doubt in my mind that we're looking at Eichenberg and/or Carman instead, and might as well send the card in now. I love linemen but I hate the way this team puts them together.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:47 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: There appear to be some really good players left in this draft:

I'd be thinking:

1.  Azeez Ojulari
2.  Samuel Cosmi
3.  Liam Eichenberg
4.  Jalen Mayfield
5.  Trey Smith
6.  Owusu-Koramoah
7.  Dillon Radunz
8.  Tevin Jenkins
9.  Carlos Basham

The fact that u would still consider not going offensive line here at 38 is exactly why I can’t stand a lot of the people in here. It’s almost as if ur a closet Steelers fan. U probably wanted chase to at 5. The pick at 38 has to be creed Humphrey it’s a no brainer we have no one on the interior. Hopkins off the acl price a free agent next year and he’s horrible cmon. This pick is easy if Humphrey is there.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:00 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: The fact that u would still consider not going offensive line here at 38 is exactly why I can’t stand a lot of the people in here. It’s almost as if ur a closet Steelers fan. U probably wanted chase to at 5. The pick at 38 has to be creed Humphrey it’s a no brainer we have no one on the interior. Hopkins off the acl price a free agent next year and he’s horrible cmon. This pick is easy if Humphrey is there.

There are dozens of options at 38 and beyond that improve this team overall. The fact that you are so obtuse as to think it’s your guy or bust says enough.

If you can’t stand most of us in here don’t let the door it you in the ass on the way out. Perhaps you’re the stooler fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:11 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: There are dozens of options at 38 and beyond that improve this team overall. The fact that you are so obtuse as to think it’s your guy or bust says enough.

If you can’t stand most of us in here don’t let the door it you in the ass on the way out. Perhaps you’re the stooler fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggered lol
Nah man I’m just tired of a piss poor team u can go back and look at my final mocks year after year it’s filled with guys that turned out to be something where as some of you along with the bengals front office still can’t seem to figure it out. There is not dozens of options at 38. Have u seen burrows knee? Have u seen our current offensive line? Have u seen what we did in the first? There are not a dozen options we have no offensive line most importantly on the inside and the cleanest prospect available at that spot worth that grade is creed Humphrey. He imo MUST be the pick not any other dude especially a scrub like some of the dudes u have listed.
And I’d never dip out of here I have wayyy to much fun calling y’all out. I speak freely bud, If u don’t like it, well... sorry not sorry.
Who Dey

Grow up bengals and draft Humphrey.
Reply/Quote
My Big Board would be:

1 - Tevin Jenkins
2 - JOK
3 - Ojulari
4 - Eichenberg
5 - Cosmi
6 - ??????

I really want an OT, but the JOK or Ojulari would be flat-out steals here, hard to pass up. If these guys go 1-5, I'm not sure what I'd do -- I guess put Barmore, Basham, Onwuzurike, Humphrey, and Dickerson on a wall and throw a dart.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:56 AM)tms Wrote: But those are dreams. At the end of the day, there is no doubt in my mind that we're looking at Eichenberg and/or Carman instead, and might as well send the card in now. I love linemen but I hate the way this team puts them together.

I hope so. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:29 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Triggered lol
Nah man I’m just tired of a piss poor team u can go back and look at my final mocks year after year it’s filled with guys that turned out to be something where as some of you along with the bengals front office still can’t seem to figure it out. There is not dozens of options at 38.  Have u seen burrows knee?  Have u seen our current offensive line? Have u seen what we did in the first? There are not a dozen options we have no offensive line most importantly on the inside and the cleanest prospect available at that spot worth that grade is creed Humphrey.  He imo MUST be the pick not any other dude especially a scrub like some of the dudes u have listed.
And I’d never dip out of here I have wayyy to much fun calling y’all out.  I speak freely bud, If u don’t like it, well... sorry not sorry.  
Who Dey

Grow up bengals and draft Humphrey.

Triggered?  Hardly.  I'm not the one stating I can't stand most of the people in here.  I wouldn't waste my time going to any site if that were the case.  And I said options beyond 38.  There are still free agents out there as well.  

Yes I've seen the knee.  Yes I've seen the line.  Pretty sure I've railed against the front office far longer then you've been around here.  

Sorry I missed your qualifications on running a team.  Wait, not sorry
Reply/Quote
Loving the depth still available for the OL.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I hope so. 

Yeah he'd be awful. The play not to lose pick. The man with no strengths (other than the name of his school). Shoot me now lol
Reply/Quote

I'd be thinking:

1.  Azeez Ojulari
2.  Samuel Cosmi
3.  Liam Eichenberg
4.  Jalen Mayfield
5.  Trey Smith
6.  Owusu-Koramoah
7.  Dillon Radunz
8.  Tevin Jenkins
9.  Carlos Basham

saw a mock had us picking the first DT of the draft @ 38
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:17 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah he'd be awful. The play not to lose pick. The man with no strengths (other than the name of his school). Shoot me now lol

So, a guy with a a lot of experience, scheme versatility and matchups against high level competition...who's been steady as hell, continually finds a way to get the job done and has improved each year has 'no strengths'? 

This is why it's so frustrating to talk about the draft sometimes. Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Some of the Bengals.com articles mentioned 2nd round could be where they trade back.

if there is an early run i could see dropping back a few picks to grab an extra 4th or 5th rounder. (but as always with trades the price has to be right and the players have to be gone for the value of the pick)

Although last mock redo of round 2 saw had us going DT @ 38 then OG/C  in round 3.
Reply/Quote