Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remaining Games Prediction
Ok, everyone is pissed about the first two weeks, and rightfully so. We did have some bright spots, and who knows how the game goes if Ross doesn't fumble on that reverse.

Some of us are in panic mode and already writing-off the season, but can we still make something out of it?

Our offensive line definitely needs help, but our defensive line didn't look too shabby to me.

Can we still make a run and put together a solid season that gets us into the playoffs?

I'll go game-by-game:

@Green Bay- The Packers look beatable. In my crippled opinion, we'd need to stack the line and bring the heat because their line looks weak and Rogers will pick our defense apart if we give him time. I think we could win this one, but I'll give us a L.

0-3.

@Cleveland- Kizer does scare me because we always struggle with mobile QBs (obviously shown by Watson last night), and their defense looked solid, but we'd be in desperation mode and haven't lost to them since 2013. Luckily, while Kizer has the ability to be mobile, he tries to stand in the pocket too long and then makes errant throws, so our pass rush could cause some interception opportunities. The offense starts clicking more and we get the W.

1-3.

Bills- they looked solid, McCoy had a big game, and Clay could give us some problems at tight end (receiving tight ends always do), but their receivers weren't anything special. Their entire team looked vanilla and, if we can play with some enthusiasm, we'll get the W.

2-3.

@Steelers- we should eat their secondary up, and Bryant might improve at home (he typically plays better at home), but Bell looked like shit and our defensive line should get to Ben and destroy him. Improved play calling should allow Andy to carve up that horrible secondary and hopefully we'll have a more consistent run game that will help keep pressure off of Andy. I think we very well could win this game, but I'll give us an L.

2-4.

Colts- they've looked horrendous and a change at QB could help some, but they just seem like a lost team and coming into The Jungle will be rough. I give us a W.

3-4.

@Jags- Bortles is horrible and Allen Robinson is out for the year, but Fournette looks good. Their defense had TEN SACKS in week 1, and, unless our line improves, they'd eat us for lunch. This could be a W, but I'll give us an L for now.

3-5.

@Titans- they're young and I'm not impressed with anything they can do on offense. I give us a W.

4-5.

@Bronocs- Denver looked very good on the offensive side of the ball and we'd have to get insane pressure on Siemian to win. I just don't see us pulling out a W.

4-6.

Browns- They come into our house and we're fired up and looking for blood. We get the W.

5-6.

Steelers- Bell could be hurt or benched by this game, which would be bad because he sucks, so him in is better, but we force them to throw and Bryant sucks on the road, so we blanket Brown and our young secondary makes plays because our pass rush forces Ben to make bad throws. Our offense is also clicking more by now with our new coordinator and we light-up their weak secondary.

6-6.

Bears- looked solid, and their front 7 on d looks nasty, but they're running low on offensive weapons besides for Miller at TE and Howard/Cohen at running back. If we find a way to take out Miller, we could win this one by loading the box to stop the run game, but I'll give us an L here.

6-7.

@Vikings- Cook is a stud and their defense even shut-down Brees, so I don't see us going up there and pulling out a win.

6-8.

Lions- Stafford is garbage and so is their run game. Our defense will have a field day. They looked sloppy in week 1. I give us a W.

7-8

@Ravens- their D played out of their minds in week 1, but I offense might have just been that bad. Flacco's nothing special and, if he's still standing by week 17, he'll be hurting, so we'll get after him and make him choke like he has ever since he got paid. We also won't turn the ball over as much or botch as many scoring opportunities.

8-8.

I don't think that gets us into the playoffs, but who knows this early and we could pull out a few more wins.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Anyone writing off the season right now is not in a "panic mode." They're just paying attention. We have a better chance of seeing another eclipse this year than an 8-8 record. 4-12. We split with Cleveland. Yay.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This was my preseason prediction:

Quote:Hard to see this team as a better than .500 club realistically. Sure, everything could very well come together and we could be a surprising 11-5. Everything could also fall apart by the bye and we could be a dismal 4-12

I think one could say that everything has fallen apart well short of the bye. I would take the under on 7.5 wins as of right now, with an absolute ceiling of 10-6 if everything falls into place, and a floor of 3-13 if the wheels come completely off.

Prediction as of right now though? 7-9

If we get to the bye at 2-3 I'll still see a glimmer of hope. Otherwise, looks like I'm DVRing most games.
Reply/Quote
8 and 8???? Whatever you are smoking, I want some!

I see 2, 3 wins maybe. Face it guys, the 2018 NFL draft season is upon us. Two weeks into the season, gee thanks MnM.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I had 8-8 preseason prediction, but after the first 2 games, I don't see 8 wins in the next 14 games. I know the offense can't be any worse with Zampese gone, but don't see them going 8-6 for the next 14.
Reply/Quote
2-14.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If you look at my prediction on the thread before the season started. I stated clearly that we wouldn't win more than 3 games. We have a ton of talent, but the coaching is at an all time low and I don't think Marvin cares anymore. He will retire after this season. I think the future of this team is really bright and we had a great draft this year that will pay dividends going forward. We obviously need to address the issues on the offensive line in the draft and free agency. There is some real good tackles coming out next year and with another high draft pick on an already super talented team we can only get better.

As for this year we have some super talented teams to face with their shit together. We may beat the browns in a game and maybe the lions, but its going to be tough sledding this year. Come draft time i will be happy tho

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I stopped reading your post when I saw you had us winning at Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote