Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rematch: meeting again in the playoffs
Interesting...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-playoff-picks-bracket-bengals-shock-chiefs-in-afc-championship-49ers-stun-rams-in-nfc-title-game/

Excerpt:
"Since 2014, there have been a total of 11 AFC or NFC title games that have been rematches from the regular season and in those 11 games, the team that won during the regular season has gone 9-2 in the title game rematch. I should also point out that one of those two wins only happened because the officiating crew decided not to throw a pass interference flag on the Rams when they beat the Saints in January 2019. So if we take that fluke game out, then the team that won in the regular season is 9-1 in the conference title game rematch, which is definitely an advantage for the Bengals (and the 49ers for that matter, since they swept the Rams this year). "
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:55 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Interesting...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-playoff-picks-bracket-bengals-shock-chiefs-in-afc-championship-49ers-stun-rams-in-nfc-title-game/

Excerpt:
"Since 2014, there have been a total of 11 AFC or NFC title games that have been rematches from the regular season and in those 11 games, the team that won during the regular season has gone 9-2 in the title game rematch. I should also point out that one of those two wins only happened because the officiating crew decided not to throw a pass interference flag on the Rams when they beat the Saints in January 2019. So if we take that fluke game out, then the team that won in the regular season is 9-1 in the conference title game rematch, which is definitely an advantage for the Bengals (and the 49ers for that matter, since they swept the Rams this year). "

Very good information.

But also note that we got that same officiating crew that caused one of those two wins for the formerly vanquished team.
Reply/Quote

Excerpt:

Great find and share!

Add to that...the Patriots are the only team to win 3 straight CCG's since the Bills run in the early 90's, and it took them 8 straight appearances to do so. It's a very difficult feat to accomplish. Only 3 teams have ever done so during the SB era. 
Reply/Quote
Interesting… I’m torn. I think we got a lot of breaks in the last game, but that second half, we thoroughly dominated 17-3. Our defense has been balling this post season. I hope it continues.
Reply/Quote

Excerpt:

But, but but….it’s too hard to beat a team twice (or so I’m told-ignore the fact we’ve done it 3 times already this year) we don’t stand a chance against a team we already beat.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's hoping that we continue that trend.
Reply/Quote
That stat bore out against the Raiders

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Idk who had the stats, but Burrow almost always plays better the second time he plays a team. Now he played amazing last time, so I’m not sure how he can do better, but he does seem to improve after seeing a defense once.
Reply/Quote
Smile 
(01-25-2022, 12:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Interesting… I’m torn. I think we got a lot of breaks in the last game, but that second half, we thoroughly dominated 17-3. Our defense has been balling this post season. I hope it continues.

They also got lucky by Hilton and Apple dropping interceptions. Burrow is very good in rematches. Prince has gotten better at RT. Spain was injured during the game. Just a few positives for the Bengals.

The Chiefs get Orlando Brown back and the Bengals lost Ogunjobi.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 12:35 PM)Burreaux Wrote: They also got lucky by Hilton and Apple dropping interceptions. Burrow is very good in rematches. Prince has gotten better at RT. Spain was injured during the game. Just a few positives for the Bengals.

All true. We beat them without sacking him or getting a turnover. If we can get some or a couple of each, then we have a great chance at winning. Thuney shut Hendrickson down that game. I know Brown is good but not many teams keep Hendrickson at bay.
Reply/Quote
We need to control the clock, Mahomes is going to make other worldly plays but we beat them before and we can beat them again. We need to wrap up and limit YAC. There were way too many plays the Bills had receivers dead to rights and they wiggled free for big yards. Wear them down. Reader leaning on that interior line the entire game will have them gassed in the second half.
Reply/Quote
Well Geoff Schwartz, Fox Sports NFL Analyst, doesn't give much chance to the Bengals in the rematch: (Just to get your blood boiling)

"I wrote about rematches recently, focusing on why they do not matter after four weeks. However, this game is within that time frame where it absolutely favors the Chiefs.

"K.C.'s defensive effort was poor at times against the Bengals. The Chiefs blitzed way too much, considering that Chris Jones could not be blocked. The third-and-27 zero pressure is still an unfathomable call. The Chiefs could not stop Ja'Marr Chase when he was singled up. All of these issues can be corrected with better playcalls. Just sit in zone. Give more effort.

"I know I picked the Chiefs to beat the Bengals by multiple scores in Week 17. I was wrong. But I’m back to the well with this one. The Chiefs are far better, they're more talented, and with Mahomes, they’ve lost only two of 10 playoff games.

"Those games were both to Tom Brady. The Bengals do not have Tom Brady. The Bengals' offense can be bottled up with a fierce pass rush and zone coverage. The Chiefs would be stupid to do anything but that.

"I’m taking the Chiefs to win and cover."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-playoff-picks-forecast-for-afc-nfc-championship-games
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 06:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well Geoff Schwartz, Fox Sports NFL Analyst, doesn't give much chance to the Bengals in the rematch:  (Just to get your blood boiling)

"I wrote about rematches recently, focusing on why they do not matter after four weeks. However, this game is within that time frame where it absolutely favors the Chiefs.

"K.C.'s defensive effort was poor at times against the Bengals. The Chiefs blitzed way too much, considering that Chris Jones could not be blocked. The third-and-27 zero pressure is still an unfathomable call. The Chiefs could not stop Ja'Marr Chase when he was singled up. All of these issues can be corrected with better playcalls. Just sit in zone. Give more effort.

"I know I picked the Chiefs to beat the Bengals by multiple scores in Week 17. I was wrong. But I’m back to the well with this one. The Chiefs are far better, they're more talented, and with Mahomes, they’ve lost only two of 10 playoff games.

"Those games were both to Tom Brady. The Bengals do not have Tom Brady. The Bengals' offense can be bottled up with a fierce pass rush and zone coverage. The Chiefs would be stupid to do anything but that.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-playoff-picks-forecast-for-afc-nfc-championship-games

So why would it make my blood boil when he is declaring to go 0-2?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 06:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well Geoff Schwartz, Fox Sports NFL Analyst, doesn't give much chance to the Bengals in the rematch: (Just to get your blood boiling)

Stupid is as stupid does.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 06:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Stupid is as stupid does.

And you can't fix stupid, right?
Reply/Quote
How many of those games were home and then away like it is now?

It doesn't matter because we're going to dominate the Chiefs, but just wondering.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 12:35 PM)Burreaux Wrote: They also got lucky by Hilton and Apple dropping interceptions. Burrow is very good in rematches. Prince has gotten better at RT. Spain was injured during the game. Just a few positives for the Bengals.

We're Hill and Kelce both just coming back from injury/covid protocol as well? I can remember if Reader had just come back as well or if it was a different week. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 07:05 PM)TheFan Wrote: We're Hill and Kelce both just coming back from injury/covid protocol as well? I can remember if Reader had just come back as well or if it was a different week. 

It was Logan Wilson’s first game back and Germaine Pratt was out. It was Kelce’s first game back, but Hill played the week before.
Reply/Quote
"It's so hard to beat the Chiefs twice".

Yep. Sure is.

It's hard to beat the Bengals once.
Reply/Quote
LOL...nobody calling out the bias here of this being Jim Breech's son?

edit: I'm not saying i don't agree with him, just surprised nobody mentioned it yet.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote