Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember '09?
Most people remember that we won the division, but few remember that opening day we lost on the longest game-winning play from scrimmage in the final minute in NFL history. An 87-yard pass that was tipped in the air near midfield by Leon Hall and pulled in by Bronco WR Brandon Stokley who took it took the house with just 11 seconds left in the game.

That was a brutal punch-in-the-gut loss.  But we rebounded to make the playoffs.

We aren't going to be turning it over 5 times a game.  And we manhandled the Steelers today.  We out gained them 432 to 267 and had 32  first downs to the Steelers 13.  We converted 50% of our third downs.
Reply/Quote
im not worried 1 bit. this game today was very reminiscent of multiple games from last season. Chargers game, 9ers game, even the chiefs games.

shooting themselves in the foot, followed by a great comeback to get themselves back in it. Last season went pretty well

they showed they can overcome any deficit, which is what you want to see when their back is against the wall.

the bengals seem to be a 2nd half team once again. Just cant get too far behind and turn the ball over like mad
Reply/Quote
Agreed. It's one game. Maybe it comes back to haunt us, maybe it doesn't.

From what I've seen, this team doesn't quit. They believe they can win and just keep digging. This game didn't have any business being as close as it was with the number of turnovers that we had. And still we almost pulled it off.

It's just one game out of 17. Other teams are going to lose games this year. So this will hopefully even out.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Week 1 weirdness. that 09 game came back to me during this game. Just overall abnormal things happened. It was the only way this Pit team was going to beat us, and given that, we were still just an injured long snapper away from winning. This team has resolve and I believe this defense can keep us in any game. They deserve a ton of credit and their performance will get looked over by many because of the offenses terrible play.
Reply/Quote
I’m not worried.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm worried they won't be undefeated this season!   Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problems are fixable, there are years when we couldn’t say that. There were communication and timing issues on the offense that will improve with more time working as a unit. With injuries, illnesses, and LG competition, they haven’t been working together at full strength (and full speed) very long and it showed.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Largely agree with the rest. Wouldn't say I'm 'not worried' as that performance was bad on numerous levels, and the coaching show doesn't fill anyone with confidence. You've gotta come into the season more prepared than we looked, and ZT has to be better on quite a few big calls.

That said, defence looked really good and as bad as Burrow was, the offence do deserve credit for clawing their way back into the game. Especially when you consider that they blew it on that goal to go series (the penultimate drive of regulation), only to come back and tie it anyway.

Chase ramped it up when it mattered most. Really good to see that as you imagine he'll just struggle to get the big plays that he got last year. Teams are going to plan to bottle him up a lot more this year.

One game and all that, but I am far less optimistic about hanging with the big boys in the AFC this year. But I'm confident we'll grow through the season and will at least be a wild card quality of team by week 18.

I definitely agree with the sentiment of this thread too. The team taking such a big gut punch in Week 1 is probably a very good thing. If we'd have snuck by the Steelers maybe it papers over the cracks, but there's no way the team shouldn't react to such a bad loss. May help in the long run.
Reply/Quote