Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember The "Killer Bees" of Pittsburgh?
(10-19-2021, 12:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It was LeVeon Bell, Ben Roethlisberger, and Antonio Brown.

Yes, Brown not Bryant, but that's who I meant.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 11:53 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: And "Jungle J's" sounds like a grocery store.  Ninja

Or a GYM lol
Reply/Quote
OBJ's Orange and Black J's..Sounds more like a woman's doctor..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 11:40 AM)thillan Wrote: Is it too early to put a label on Joe, Joe, and Jamarr?

Or do we have to wait until after Sunday? Lol

Weren't the Killer Bees the Dolphins?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 11:40 AM)thillan Wrote: Is it too early to put a label on Joe, Joe, and Jamarr?

I don't like nicknames of a small group of guys on a team sport.  There are some classics, though.  The Purple People Eaters.  The Legion of Boom.    

For me, I would love to have a nickname for this up-and-coming team that encompasses the entire team.   I am drawing a blank, but something that encompasses the relentless nature of the team.  

Have you all ever seen the movie "Iron Will"?  It is an excellent, true story, about a young man that enters a famous (and dangerous) dog sled race.  We aren't "wills" , but something like "The Iron Wills"....I would work if we were the Bills, "The Iron Bills", as a play on words.

I don't know.  I am not saying they need a nickname, but if they win this game, there will be a lot of attention paid to this young team.  
Reply/Quote

NICKNAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't like nicknames of a small group of guys on a team sport.  There are some classics, though.  The Purple People Eaters.  The Legion of Boom.    

For me, I would love to have a nickname for this up-and-coming team that encompasses the entire team.   I am drawing a blank, but something that encompasses the relentless nature of the team.  

Have you all ever seen the movie "Iron Will"?  It is an excellent, true story, about a young man that enters a famous (and dangerous) dog sled race.  We aren't "wills" , but something like "The Iron Wills"....I would work if we were the Bills, "The Iron Bills", as a play on words.

I don't know.  I am not saying they need a nickname, but if they win this game, there will be a lot of attention paid to this young team.  

You are terrible at nicknames. Mellow

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You are terrible at nicknames. Mellow

Ninja

Actually, I have given many nicknames over the years that are pretty good.  It seems to be my gift.  However, at the NFL level, in the ultimate team sport, I would prefer a collective name like "The Cardiac Cats".

Maybe the board could come up with a team nickname?  

"Burrow's Boys" sounds a little too Penn State-ish.
Reply/Quote