Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember how Burrow couldn’t throw the deep ball…
Last year it was never a matter of whether he could throw deep. He most certainly could. The Oline and receivers held him back more than any other factor.. He didn't get enough time (Oline) and guys weren't getting open often enough..  Both have improved and we see it on the field every game getting a little better each game..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quote:Hmmmm.  Some people are going to have to dig for some more things Joe Burrow can't do.....

I dunno.. I think he'll never be able to get pregnant, give birth, breast feed...you know..girlie things like that.. Cool

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 06:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
It was really his only glaring weakness during his rookie season, and he vowed to fix it. Well, he certainly has. I expect he’ll do the same thing this offseason with regard to the INT’s.

Damn! Since Johnny U? That's rarified air.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I thought I read that was one of the things he worked on during the off season when he was training with Jordan Palmer. If so it seems it has helped.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 07:51 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Play defense?

Exactly!  He needed to shed that block from Watt and make the tackle!

I kid. ETA Part of the reason he's making these plays is because he's willing to take some risks. That speaks to his interception number. As long they're calculated risks, that's good. A long interception on third down in plus territory is as good as a punt if nothing else was open and you weren't in field goal range.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm wearing a fire suit for no particular reason. I just look good in it. 

That sure sounds like a particular reason to me.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Here’s how he compares to the rest of the league so far this season…

[Image: FFc0cikVgAA9J5i?format=jpg&name=large]

Reply/Quote
He’s still inconsistent

There have been plenty of qb’s with weak deep passes who have thrown perfect ones
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Love Burrow as Bengals QB and happy to see this leap forward in long distance calls to his WR's.

Will certainly give him credit per claiming he would improve in this department.

Yet the improved O-line and Chase is certainly lending aid to his cause.

The future is bright if we can keep Joe healthy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Insanity how he has changed this part of his game from last year to this year. 

Made his only weakness in his first year become not even more than a strength but turns it into a 21 year time period of 
greatness. Honestly doesn't surprise me though with the way he played at LSU with his deep balls and the way he worked
on his arm strength in the Offseason with the weapons added and better OL play.

Everything can still improve though which is also scary. Especially OL play across the board.
Reply/Quote
[Image: s5c60ptvrp981.jpg]

It’s almost getting silly now… :D

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

It is LOL worthy that people in varying threads maintain his deep ball is weak or inconsistent when you see this tweet. Appreciate we have Burrow, Bengals fans. It can be fun.

Edit: It took me awhile, but milestone post 2000 reached.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Something else I remember was whenever the Bengals offense was going backwards, penalties, sacks, etc., we all knew it was game over. Now? When they're 3rd and 20+ you gotta feel pretty good.. It's always been other teams to win those battles..Now it's us!  ThumbsUp Who Dey

Reply/Quote
The more-encouraging news?

The last 2 weeks have shown that he is throwing these deep passes (in general, not only TDs) to NOT just Chase, as Higgins has gotten in on them, Boyd has 1 (his TD, IIRC) and Mixon had the last catch against the Ravens.

Being able to throw deep with one guy is a big deal, but multiple players? DBs will have their hands full constantly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Obviously Joe's numbers have spiked the past few weeks after this thread was started. One huge thing I read recently is how good he was the past 2 games outside the numbers.

He worked on technique and arm strength in the off season and it is paying off. A weak armed QB can'r have great success outside the numbers. We get Joe a better OL and the sky is the limit for our 25 year old QB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Part of being able to throw an accurate deep ball is not having a bunch of 300 lb guys in your face trying to kill you. It takes a few seconds for those deep routes to develop, obviously.

If Joe had even an average OL in terms of pass pro, he would be clearly the most accurate deep ball passer in the game. By some measures, even with the weak OL, he already is.
Reply/Quote
he focused on his mechanics during rehab and it seems to have helped. not that he was a slouch but he has more zipp on it this year.
Reply/Quote