Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember that time we beat the Seahawks?
That was a pretty fun day.
Reply/Quote
It wax, wasn't it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I distinctly remember getting PO'd at the playcalling.  It was right when the game looked the most bleak and they came out dinking/dunking/running and I was saying to myself, "CHRIMONY!  Just pull the starters if you're going to call plays like that!"  Boy was I wrong about that one.  They marched down the field as if it were a brand new game, the D starts to hold, and badda-bing-badda-boom.  History.
Reply/Quote
What's really crazy is that Boomer was genuinely happy for Klingler too
Reply/Quote
I thought for sure the game was over when we were behind 21-0 and they benched Anderson. Then when Schonert lead that amazing comeback I thought for sure he had won the starting job.

Truly a historic game. Pretty sure that was the only time that a QB who got benched in the opener for poor play went one to win the league MVP.

Just imagine if we had had message boards back then. The site would have crashed when Gregg announced that Anderson was still the starter.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 03:48 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What's really crazy is that Boomer was genuinely happy for Klingler too

Okay? I don't think the OP was talking about this.
Reply/Quote
I was there for the most recent incarnation of this event, what a game to be attending!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 03:28 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That was a pretty fun day.

Yeah like it was yesterday.. .Daltons rookie year...   on the road.  34 to 12...

(I don't think they have beaten Dalton yet...  lol)
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 11:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah like it was yesterday.. .Daltons rookie year...   on the road.  34 to 12...

(I don't think they have beaten Dalton yet...  lol)

Remember when they tried to run with Marshawn at the end of the half, and ended up running the clock out and scoring 0 points.

I thought Pete Carroll was going to be done after that year lol.
Reply/Quote
Last year against the Seahawks, when we were struggling, to be honest is the first sign that we were not going to go "all the way".

Let me explain.

The Seahawks were struggling really bad, I think when we played them they were 2-2. Who were their 2 wins? The Bears and the Lions. 2-2 is not a horrible record, but they just did not look great. To the public though of course, they seemed "good". I remember after losing to us, then Carolina, them being 2-4, they were still in the top 10 in the power rankings. Which is obviously a joke.

To be honest, I was never expecting the comeback. Our offense was on a standstill, and we looked bad against a bad team!

I truly expected us to blow them out. So when we were struggling, that is when I truly knew, okay this is the same old Bengals. And, well 2015 was the same as any year, a fail.

Next year, though.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 06:20 PM)rob Wrote: To be honest, I was never expecting the comeback.

That is what you get for being too negative.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 10:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is what you get for being too negative.

In his defense, I got back to work on my thesis after the Burkhead fumble. My neice first came to me and said "who dey....Eifert scored a touchdown, they may win this".

I dismissed her for being and overly optimistic kid.

Some time later, she ran in my room screaming "OMG OMG Andy Dalton ran a touchdown ZO!" COME HERE. COME HERE.

I then set down my thesis and spent some quality time with my neice.

Her innocence/hopes/dreams weren't smashed that day. She saw a miracle unfold.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 06:20 PM)rob Wrote: Last year against the Seahawks, when we were struggling, to be honest is the first sign that we were not going to go "all the way".

Let me explain.

The Seahawks were struggling really bad, I think when we played them they were 2-2. Who were their 2 wins? The Bears and the Lions. 2-2 is not a horrible record, but they just did not look great. To the public though of course, they seemed "good". I remember after losing to us, then Carolina, them being 2-4, they were still in the top 10 in the power rankings. Which is obviously a joke.

To be honest, I was never expecting the comeback. Our offense was on a standstill, and we looked bad against a bad team!

I truly expected us to blow them out. So when we were struggling, that is when I truly knew, okay this is the same old Bengals. And, well 2015 was the same as any year, a fail.

Next year, though.
Bengals going into that game was 3-0, and won 5 straight after that. I don't think we were a bad team, Bengals just had a bad game which went into their favor, and then moved on with a more humble approach. 

Our worst game (imo) was againt the Texans. This team's actual 'thorn in the side'...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 11:08 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Bengals going into that game was 3-0, and won 5 straight after that. I don't think we were a bad team, Bengals just had a bad game which went into their favor, and then moved on with a more humble approach. 

Our worst game (imo) was againt the Texans. This team's actual 'thorn in the side'...

I would probably agree. Though the Arizona loss is still a loss, it did not hurt very bad. Coming back to tie the game with little time in Arizona did not burn too bad. Then palmer drove down the field.

It would of been sooooo sweet if palmer threw a pick 6 to end the game. Man i remember thinking that.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 11:27 PM)Gohards Wrote: I would probably agree. Though the Arizona loss is still a loss, it did not hurt very bad. Coming back to tie the game with little time in Arizona did not burn too bad. Then palmer drove down the field.

It would of been sooooo sweet if palmer threw a pick 6 to end the game. Man i remember thinking that.

Does anyone remember the bullshit peko call at the end of that cardinals game? And imo why did it seem we were playing prevent defense at the end? I love guest her as out defense coordinator but he blew us that game
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 01:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Does anyone remember the bullshit peko call at the end of that cardinals game? And imo why did it seem we were playing prevent defense at the end? I love guest her as out defense coordinator but he blew us that game

Yes, where they said he was trying to simulate the snap count? Man I almost feel like calls never go our way. Do all sports fans feel like that?
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 01:57 AM)Gohards Wrote: Yes, where they said he was trying to simulate the snap count? Man I almost feel like calls never go our way. Do all sports fans feel like that?
Yeah yeah we do but for people who say dalton isn't clutch I invite them to watch those 2 games... And it turned a 47yard field goal into 32 also I forgot that with 1:30 seconds left aj green caught it for the go ahead td he actually stepped on the pylon but the pylon was inbounds it had fallen over but since he never stepped on the field it was out of bounds man..... All I can say
Reply/Quote
I watched last years game here in Germany vs the Seahawks and I was being laughed at by a few folks because I told them before the game that the Bengals were a bad match up for Seattle. I was fully geared up and I never gave up hope. Even when it seemed the game was out of reach...When the Bengals won the game in the final seconds, I got up and screamed, "Oh Who-Yeah-F'n-Dey!" Go on and take your Seattle Bandwagon asses home ! As I did a field goal like in the air like I was giving them a boot in the butt as they walked out with their heads hanging..It was an unusual but epic day for me..I be reppin the Bengals Ya'll..
Reply/Quote
Remember that time Bobbie Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?
Reply/Quote