Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call Jack Del Rio Back!
(02-17-2019, 12:22 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't know if Zac Taylor knows about this board or not, but I think he would look at these posts and laugh.  I'm sure things are fine and the media is overhyping as they always do when it comes to the Bengals.

The Bengals are so irrelevant that only like 3-4 'media' cover them.

No overhyping needed on this. It's a debacle. There's no plan or a poorly executed one.

They're looking at 4-3 guys. 3-4 guys. They should be looking at our players and seeing what system fits best.

Marvin has to be sitting in his chair giggling.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 12:22 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't know if Zac Taylor knows about this board or not, but I think he would look at these posts and laugh.  I'm sure things are fine and the media is overhyping as they always do when it comes to the Bengals.

The advice he probably got was, whatever you do, stay away from this message board. lol.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 12:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals are so irrelevant that only like 3-4 'media' cover them.

Not true.  PFT is all over the "Bengals can't find a DC" story and have posted 8 articles on it in the last week.  Of course followed by the usual "Mike Brown is cheap" comments.  A quick search showed stories about the Bengals' inability to find a DC on NFL.COM, CBS Sports, Yahoo Sports, and NFL Update before I stopped looking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 01:17 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Not true.  PFT is all over the "Bengals can't find a DC" story and have posted 8 articles on it in the last week.  Of course followed by the usual "Mike Brown is cheap" comments.  A quick search showed stories about the Bengals' inability to find a DC on NFL.COM, CBS Sports, Yahoo Sports, and NFL Update before I stopped looking.

Hopefully 2019 doesnt turn out to be..........the top 10 offense with the last place defense..... Nervous
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 08:29 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Can't call JDR back and say "Hey, we made a mistake". It would put Taylor in a weak position and JDR will walk all over him.

Now, if Rappaport is correct about JDR asking for to much money, Taylor could call him back and say, "Have you given any thought to our offer? We may come up a little but you are wanting way to much." and go from there.

Also, what if JDR's agent is calling around to other agents making it hard on the Bengals to hire a DC and the forcing the Bengals to give JDR what he wants?

If they called him back now, JDR would probably double his demand. That ship has sailed.....
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 02:45 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hopefully 2019 doesnt turn out to be..........the top 10 offense with the last place defense..... Nervous

That brings up an interesting debate. Is the offense or defense closer to a Top 10 Unit?

-The offense has playmakers in Mixon, Green, and Boyd. Dalton is an above average QB. They need to add TE's. The offensive line is a bottom 5 Unit, but IF you add the right 2 players it could be middle of the pack atleast. No WR 3 has stepped up, but a guy like Ross could fit nicely into a Rams-type system.

-The defense - Well, they need 2 starting LB's. IF you add one that turns out to be elite like White in the draft, that might fix it. Our LB's gave up an insane amount of yards through the air. I'd say the defensive line is above average to good. The secondary is above average to good. There's atleast some chance that Burfict recovers and starts playing well.

I think the defense should be easier to turn into a Top 10 unit as of right now, but IF the offensive line can be figured out...the playmakers on offense should thrive in big ways.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 12:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals are so irrelevant that only like 3-4 'media' cover them.

No overhyping needed on this. It's a debacle. There's no plan or a poorly executed one.

They're looking at 4-3 guys. 3-4 guys. They should be looking at our players and seeing what system fits best.

Marvin has to be sitting in his chair giggling.

The media overhypes EVERYTHING these days.....even world news.....for revenue/viewers/subscribers/clicks.  Social media makes it worse.

Marvin didn't have to find coaches, Son of Paul did that for him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 02:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That brings up an interesting debate. Is the offense or defense closer to a Top 10 Unit?

-The offense has playmakers in Mixon, Green, and Boyd. Dalton is an above average QB. They need to add TE's. The offensive line is a bottom 5 Unit, but IF you add the right 2 players it could be middle of the pack atleast. No WR 3 has stepped up, but a guy like Ross could fit nicely into a Rams-type system.

-The defense - Well, they need 2 starting LB's. IF you add one that turns out to be elite like White in the draft, that might fix it. Our LB's gave up an insane amount of yards through the air. I'd say the defensive line is above average to good. The secondary is above average to good. There's atleast some chance that Burfict recovers and starts playing well.

I think the defense should be easier to turn into a Top 10 unit as of right now, but IF the offensive line can be figured out...the playmakers on offense should thrive in big ways.

If the right buttons are pushed I feel both units will be a lot more competitive to even really good. They both have a decent group of players.
Reply/Quote
No one knew who Matt Eberflus was last year. You don't need a big name guy for success you just need the right guy.
Reply/Quote