Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remember the Good Old Days
(02-15-2019, 01:44 AM)mon4078 Wrote: The only thing that worries me is having the whole staff ready for scouting and free agency. I think coach Taylor will find the right guy for the team he is trying to build. Unlike some I don't feel like we are on the 5th-6th option. The only person that has really turned us down was Grantham. I know that Capers refused the interview ,but it was no guarantee that he would have got the job. So I will just wait and see how the season goes before getting upset. With all the changes that have been made it should be a entertaining season Who-Dey.

We are well past the 5th and 6th options now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I’m not really worried about the DC search taking so long. It’s going to be on Taylor to get the right coaches on staff, and that is more important than just hiring a guy for the sake of having a guy hired. I will take this waiting all day over the promote guy from within crap that we’ve been fed in the past.
Reply/Quote
To many a fan there are only a few people good enough to be a successful DC (or HC, etc.) It's not like coaching is an exact science or anything although many fans think it to be so.
I'm of the opinion there are plenty of people perfectly capable who haven't even been considered and probably never will be. Heck, just look around the various forums and so forth. Obviously there are more football geniuses just lurking on forums who have never played the game who certainly should be hired just because they are so brilliant in their postings.. 
I'm definitely not going to include myself as a genius now or any time in the future..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote