Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember the "Ignore" feature
Well with the board community becoming pretty solid, factions of fans and like minded groups start to grow. As a result, some people become almost a bother to other people and fights start to break out. Remember, it is not our job to ban or suspend someone just because you think they are annoying. But, we have a feature for that! Yes, the ignore feature. It is quite simple actually. Just click on a user's profile, scroll towards the bottom, and right next to the option for a buddy list is the option to ignore them! You won't see their posts anymore from there on out. Remember we want to boards to remain solid and we want to add members, not remove them. So unless someone is in clear violation of the CoC we won't. From there it is up to who you want to see when posts are made.

WHO DEY YALL
Reply/Quote
I know people appreciate and use this feature. Glad it's available for those that do.

But I can't for the life of me figure out why?

The trolls and debates are one thing (of many) that make this community one of the best kept secrets on all the inter webs.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 11:55 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I know people appreciate and use this feature. Glad it's available for those that do.

But I can't for the life of me figure out why?

The trolls and debates are one thing (of many) that make this community one of the best kept secrets on all the inter webs.

I agree.  That is what your brain and self-control are for...  tuning out others if you do not want to hear/see what they have to say.

But hey if hitting a button works and what is needed getting on selecting that badboy.

I find it interesting to view responses from others no matter how absurd or troll-tastic they may be.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Never had to use the ignore feature....probably never will. There's no way in hell that I'm gonna let one of you nerds get under my skin that badly.

If you cross the line though, I will report you to eoxyod since he likes dealing with that kinda stuff.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can I put all the Dalton threads on ignore?

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 11:06 AM)Benton Wrote: Can I put all the Dalton threads on ignore?

Mellow

You wouldn't be able to go into JN again
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 11:06 AM)Benton Wrote: Can I put all the Dalton threads on ignore?

Mellow

This is nothing thus far.  

If the Bengals don't beat the Raiders in Oakland (which they never have), this board will explode with Anti-Andy threads.   Shocked
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 12:47 PM)eoxyod Wrote: You wouldn't be able to go into JN again

It would be wonderful. One whole forum and the only posts would be about Peko or Shane Graham.

(08-28-2015, 01:16 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: This is nothing thus far.  

If the Bengals don't beat the Raiders in Oakland (which they never have), this board will explode with Anti-Andy threads.   Shocked

Oh, I'm preparing for the first night of the regular season. I'm going to merge every JN thread. Every one of them.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
Can we start a thread where everyone lists the members they think are annoying and/or who they have on their ignore list? Just to discuss.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 01:29 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Can we start a thread where everyone lists the members they think are annoying and/or who they have on their ignore list?  Just to discuss.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 01:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Mellow

dont Mellow me  !!!!

IGNORE!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 01:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: dont Mellow me  !!!!

IGNORE!

I already ignored you.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
I have my biases and opinions, but if posts on here are causing you to actually ignore people, you're taking their opinion way too seriously.
Reply/Quote
I do / have used the feature on the original board and this one.

But just because someone is on the list at a particular time does not mean they will stay on it.  For example, it's great for Game Day threads as it is an easy way to filter out people crying about the same thing post after post and slowing refresh times.

I do want to read everyone's opinions, but there are only a few seconds available to read them all between plays, so I'm gonna filter out the BS when I can.
Reply/Quote
I just felt like thanking you all for the ignore feature and encouraging others to take advantage of it. It has increased my enjoyment of the boards tremendously to be able to just not see some posts.
Reply/Quote
I have always encouraged the use of this feature for those who actually get upset and can not control their emotions.
Reply/Quote
What if a member ignores all the admins/mods then goes on a rampage!!?
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 02:16 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: What if a member ignores all the admins/mods then goes on a rampage!!?

[Image: 864_banhammer.png]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 11:30 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Well with the board community becoming pretty solid, factions of fans and like minded groups start to grow. As a result, some people become almost a bother to other people and fights start to break out. Remember, it is not our job to ban or suspend someone just because you think they are annoying. But, we have a feature for that! Yes, the ignore feature. It is quite simple actually. Just click on a user's profile, scroll towards the bottom, and right next to the option for a buddy list is the option to ignore them! You won't see their posts anymore from there on out. Remember we want to boards to remain solid and we want to add members, not remove them. So unless someone is in clear violation of the CoC we won't. From there it is up to who you want to see  when posts are made.

WHO DEY YALL

Whatever happened to the good ole days when you used to get banned?

Wink
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 06:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have always encouraged the use of this feature for those who actually get upset and can not control their emotions.

Stop stalking Matt all over the board.
Reply/Quote