Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember the "Ignore" feature
(11-19-2015, 11:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Stop stalking Matt all over the board.

It's okay, his passive aggressive swipe there doesn't come close to the benefit of no longer being frustrated with overtly bigoted comments and willful ignorance exhibited in his posts. He can feel free to stalk me all over the boards, I've held my tongue far more than I haven't with regards to his commentary. Now just scrolling through and seeing nothing he posts unless it is quoted is so much more relaxing. It's moved from frustrating to pitiful.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 01:29 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Can we start a thread where everyone lists the members they think are annoying and/or who they have on their ignore list?  Just to discuss.

UrinalCake Ninja Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had Brad on ignore for about a day one time. But I couldn't keep him there, I was afraid I'd miss something good. No one really annoys me except obvious trolls.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: UrinalCake Ninja Hilarious

That guy was ***** rad man.  Too he started visiting PnR on the new boards and realized what tools he was wading around amongst.  Real shame.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 03:44 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I had Brad on ignore for about a day one time. But I couldn't keep him there, I was afraid I'd miss something good. No one really annoys me except obvious trolls.

It can be a real tough decision. I mean, let's face it, really annoying posters can sometimes be comedic gold. All about weighing the pros and cons. The nice thing is that the really high quality content that is good for a chuckle is usually quoted by someone, so you can still see it, but someone has already done the deed of pointing out the asshattery and so you can just sit back and have a laugh.
Reply/Quote
I have never placed a member on ignore. The day I do that is the day I reevaluate my life choices.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I have never placed a member on ignore.  The day I do that is the day I reevaluate my life choices.

Taking the D should have triggered this. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Taking the D should have triggered this. Ninja

Double D's thank you.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I have never placed a member on ignore.  The day I do that is the day I reevaluate my life choices.

Agreed. It takes a pretty mentally weak person to be so bothered by another that they have to hide from them on a message board .
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   It takes a pretty mentally weak person to be so bothered by another that they have to hide from them on a message board .

Mentally weak is an awful strong way to put it.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Mentally weak is an awful strong way to put it.  

He's just enjoying passive aggressively insulting me around the boards. I think it's cute that it bothers him so much. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He's just enjoying passive aggressively insulting me around the boards. I think it's cute that it bothers him so much. LOL

Passive aggressiveness is about as weak as it gets if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:03 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Double D's thank you.

You take two of them at one time now??!!  Shocked

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Mentally weak is an awful strong way to put it.  

Well would soft be a better term?

I encourage people to ignore. Better to know who we all can lose respect for ahead of time .

What would be great is if we saw who ignored us. I would make that list my signature.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You take two of them at one time now??!!  Shocked

I learned it from watching you.... Cool

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 02:33 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I learned it from watching you.... Cool

[Image: th?id=OIP.M80159a1efa0e70c756842950d5876...=157&h=154]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well would soft be a better term?

I encourage people to ignore.  Better to know who we all can lose respect for ahead of time .  

What would be great is if we saw who ignored us.  I would make that list my signature.

What would you call ignoring a thread that you were so eagerly posting in after being completely burnt?  Soft?  Mentally week?

Reply/Quote
Haven't used ignore yet which doesn't mean I won't some day.
I do use it regularly on a few other boards I post on though, but I'm losing interest in most of those boards over time. I figure if I have to ignore half the users of a board I probably shouldn't bother going there in the first place.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote