Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember this game
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6XhoNSYMxLs

Trying to bring up good memories for you guys. You beat us this day.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:25 PM)packerbacker Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6XhoNSYMxLs

Trying to bring up good memories for you guys. You beat us this day.

Thanks brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote
One of my favourite games Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: One of my favourite games Big Grin

We had Chad and The Boogie Man.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: One of my favourite games Big Grin

Now that’s not very nice LOL.
Reply/Quote
It was a good game.
Reply/Quote
Packer Backer, you are a class act.
Reply/Quote
Yup... 2013 was a wildly entertaining game too. The throw Aaron Rodgers killed us with in 17 was unbelievable as well. Not sure anybody completes that pass.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 08:27 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Now that’s not very nice LOL.

TBH, not because of the Packers themselves; this was the first game I invited my best friend over to watch (he's as big a Packers fan as I am a Bengal fan and the only person I know who is as knowledgeable as I am about their own team) and between Odom's 5 sacks, Chad balling out and Ced's huge game, it was so entertaining and a great time spent with my father and best friend :)
Reply/Quote
I really miss 2009 and heck even 2013 as Sports was just sports. Now our world is terrible.
Reply/Quote

Against the 2nd ranked rush defense in the league, with Akili Smith at QB going 2-9 for 34 yards.

100% belongs in the HoF.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
That game came right after the devastating loss to the Denver Broncos in week 1. Antwan Odom had one great game as a Bengal and it was this game. By the way I'm still not over that Denver game lol. I felt like I was going to vomit after the Leon Hall deflection TD.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 09:12 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: That game came right after the devastating loss to the Denver Broncos in week 1.  Antwan Odom had one great game as a Bengal and it was this game.  By the way I'm still not over that Denver game lol.  I felt like I was going to vomit after the Leon Hall deflection TD.

I think the only time I felt worse leaving a game was the playoff game against piggy and that team from the east.  I wanted so badly to send them packing with our backup QB.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 09:12 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: That game came right after the devastating loss to the Denver Broncos in week 1. Antwan Odom had one great game as a Bengal and it was this game. By the way I'm still not over that Denver game lol. I felt like I was going to vomit after the Leon Hall deflection TD.

EVERY game Odom played in 2009, was a great game; he was on a different level that year, be it something new he found in his game, PEDs, scheme, who knows, but he would've 100% won DPOY and had a run at the sack record (inflated of course, because of that 1 game).

In 5 games (6th game against the Texans, IIRC. he played less than 10 snaps), he had:

- 19 tackles (career high was 31)
- 9 TFL (career high was 10)
- 12 QB hits (career high was 22)
- 8 sacks (led the league at that point and that tied for his career-high)
- VASTLY improved in the run game, as I remember his PFF grade was 2nd or 3rd highest for DEs, league-wide

That was when PFF was in its infancy and he was a darling; he put on 20 pounds or whatever in that offseason and he was moved inside a lot (Odom feasted on Darren Colledge and TJ Lang or Jason Spitz, whoever it was that moved to LG when Colledge had to move to LT because of Clifton's injury), which saw him do well in the run game for the first time in his career.

Then Owen Daniels comes in with the illegal (not called either) chop block, as he went low on Odom after he had been engaged with Duane Brown half a second earlier and in trying to avoid him, lands awkwardly and tears his ACL or whatever.

I was so infuriated, IIRC, it was the first Bengals game I turned off before its ending, in my life.

Anyways, Odom turned up in 2010 significantly lighter (back to his 2008 weight, if not even lighter still) and I remember the TC videos, seeing how thin his legs had become. After 4 games with us, he was done for good.

I sometimes think if he had been healthy for the whole year, would we have lost that Chargers game? Would we have even had to play the Jets and if so, how different would it have been with him at RDE?

Anyways, water under the bridge at this point.
Reply/Quote
Look at the Bengals first drive of this game. Benson probably had 50 yards rushing alone on this drive.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 12:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Anyways, Odom turned up in 2010 significantly lighter (back to his 2008 weight, if not even lighter still) and I remember the TC videos, seeing how thin his legs had become. After 4 games with us, he was done for good.

I thought Odom was done because of a degenerative wrist condition?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Was this the game the fan took the ball from Favre?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 10:06 PM)Tony Wrote: Was this the game the fan took the ball from Favre?

I'm pretty sure the ball-taking from Favre happened in Cincinnati, whereas the above game was in Green Bay. Since they play every 4 years... maybe 2005?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 12:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I sometimes think if he had been healthy for the whole year,

If ever there was a 'Bengals mantra', it's this. 

Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I still don't understand why this guy's allowed to post in here.
Reply/Quote