Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering 9/11
As my wife and I are heading through corridors here at Ft. Lauderdale intl. to our gate this morning to catch our gate for NYC, the TSA presence is very heavy along with sherrifs heavily armoured and armed.  Pretty much something I expected today of all days. I am approached by a very kind jamaican man (reminded me of the guy on'barber shop'). He is giving me a sales pitch to apply for air miles credit card. As he is in the middle of his pitch, the loud speaker came on.

A voice over the speakers asks for a moment of silence to remember all those lives lost that horrible day and to remember the men and women who sacrificed thier lives so that others could survive. This call for a moment of silence happened 3 times (similar to "last roll call).

Very touching and the busy airport came to  a halt. You could here a pin drop. The 3 calls to silence lasted about 4 minutes. No motion, no speaking, just people remembering. I love my country today.

Now I'm sitting at the bar waiting for my flight. News coverahe shows NYC calling for moment of silence as well. I have never forgotten that day. Most of us remember exactly where we were and what we were doing when the fitst tower was hit.

So, if you find yoursrlf with a few extra seconds in our busy life, try to take a moment of silence and remember.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote