Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remembering A.J.
(01-03-2021, 06:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: AJ will always be on my favorite Bengals list. Great receiver, class act.

But he never should have been brought back this season and I even said so.

Good luck to him and thanks for the memories.

This.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:04 PM)GodFather Wrote: Mahomes to AJ? Gonna be good. He won't be back to his earlier career but he will get his legs back this offseason. We will see posts like "Why didn't AJ play like this last year with us?"

Green got his legs back this last offseason.

Burrow is a very accurate QB yet Green had one of the worst catch percentages in the league (48%)

He is not going to have a comeback.
Reply/Quote
99 NFL players with at least 40 receptions.

A.J. Green 98th in catch percentage (48%)
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green got his legs back this last offseason.

Burrow is a very accurate QB yet Green had one of the worst catch percentages in the league (48%)

Yeah, AJ being good again seems like a pipe dream, but I think he just wants to be a FA so he can get a 1 year deal with a contender or get some stupidly big deal from a GM on the hotseat who doesn't care about overpaying because if the signing blows up he won't be around to suffer for it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
65 wide receivers with at least 40 receptions.

A.J. Green dead last (65th) in yards per target (5.34)
Reply/Quote
It all started with the Hill fumble.
Reply/Quote
Aj and Chad ended on down note both were great players for us
Reply/Quote
Not trashing Green to be mean. He has been one of my favorite Bengals. Great player and great character.

Just showing everyone how far gone he is.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green got his legs back this last offseason.

He will play much better next year and do well. If you read my entire post I said he won't return to his original pre 2015 form, but he will play and perform much better than this year. I would bet on it would you?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:17 PM)Destro Wrote: It all started with the Hill fumble.

It certainly did. The Bengals never got their swagger back since 1:52 left in the game on 9 January 2016.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Aj and Chad ended on down note both were great players for us

Chad was still a serviceable WR when he left here
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It certainly did.  The Bengals never got their swagger back since 1:52 left in the game on 9 January 2016.

Not to go to bat for Jeremy Hill, but the highlight of three decades of Mike Brown football is 7 one-and-dones.  I'm starting to think there may have never been real swagger here to begin with.  We either have a losing season or we have a winning season and crumple as soon as we hit the post-season.

Seriously, in the Mike Brown era all 7 times we managed to have a winning season we made the playoffs.  Not a single winning season where we got to sit and complain that we came so close to causing some damage in the playoffs "if only we got in" not a single 1st round bye to get us into the 2nd round.  Any time we win 9+ games we got to be a speed bump for a real playoff team.

Swagger my arse.
Reply/Quote
AJ had a great career just like Chad on al low note I hope he last longer in the league than Chad who I believe went one more year.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 99 NFL players with at least 40 receptions.

A.J. Green 98th in catch percentage (48%)

(01-03-2021, 07:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 65 wide receivers with at least 40 receptions.

A.J. Green dead last (65th) in yards per target (5.34)

Fred... the thread was not supposed to turn into a crap on him thing or a how much he declined. First thing I said was, he isn't the same guy. 

But, that doesn't take away how much he did on the field for this team. 

I still remember him doing the rear-naked choke hold on Jalen Ramsey. We lost the game, but seeing him that pissed off was something to see, felt like every fan's emotions spilled out through him in that moment.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not trashing Green to be mean.  He has been one of my favorite Bengals.  Great player and great character.

Just showing everyone how far gone he is.

Hit reply before I read this...

I get it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: He will play much better next year and do well. If you read my entire post I said he won't return to his original pre 2015 form, but he will play and perform much better than this year. I would bet on it would you?

WRs don't get better at 33.
Reply/Quote
AJ will always be one of the all-time greats to wear the striped helmet!
He'll always be an even greater person...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
One of my favorite games of his was when he went up against the ravens in week 3 of the 2015 season. 227 yards and 2 TD's...he was unstoppable.
Reply/Quote
One more thing....my favorite thing about AJ green was his lack of an ego despite being one of the top receivers in the league. Many guys that have success like he had, develop that diva attitude but he never did. Toss the ball to the ref and go wait till the next bengals offensive possession. I will miss that
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chad was still a serviceable WR when he left here

Was he? He went to NE and caught 15 passes on 32 targets and was then out of the league. That is obviously partially due to his off the field incident, but also because he just didn’t have it anymore.
Reply/Quote