Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remembering Cameron Hartman
Just read this for the first time. I'll never complain about having to do something "boring" for my kids ever again. I am amazed at Cam's bravery and strength. An inspiration to us all. RIP fellow Bengal fan. God bless you and your family.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had forgetten all about this until I was looking through the site tonight. So sad that he passed, I didn't know. I had sent him a couple of messages. Tiered up while reading this.

R.I.P. CamCat
Reply/Quote
An update on Cam's family posted on the CaringBridge site tonight:

Quote: Our Heartfelt Thanks

By Emily Jones — 16 minutes ago
Three years. 156 weeks. 1095 days. So much has changed since this day of 2012. We were still blessed with Cam's presence. We showered Cam with our love. We made new memories that we will cherish for the rest of our days. We lost a part of our family. We lost a part of our hearts. We experienced extreme heartbreak. We grew in our faith. We realized that time waits for no one. We have experienced milestone birthdays. We have gone on a cruise in Cam's memory. We have kept Cam's legacy alive by blessing over 75 children. We have tried our best to live every day thankful for the opportunity to have another chance at life. We have hosted a BMT donor drive. (A lady just recently received an opportunity at life due to a donor match found as a result of this drive.) We have become an even stronger family unit. We have lost family members. We have lost friends. We have made new friends and welcomed new family members. We have moved into new homes. We have moved to different cities. We have celebrated graduations. We have planned and celebrated Amy & Chris' wedding. We have continued on this roller coaster called life. We have had failures. We have had successes. We have tried our best to celebrate the "small" things, to forgive quickly and to love often. We celebrate our memories. We celebrate the gift of time.

We wanted to extend our appreciation yet again for the countless ways you have supported us along this journey. With the help of Memories in Print we were able to create a book with all the posts and pictures from CaringBridge. (http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/5552230/0c183fc98776ea8937d51643bce813da9cee7b19) We are overcome with emotion when we look back on all the messages, jokes and more importantly the time that each and every one of you took from your busy schedules to support Cameron and our family.

What we wouldn't do for one more day with Cam. One more laugh. One more smile. One more game of Jenga and Phase 10. One more hug. One more "I love you!"

Please cherish those around you, shower them with love and enjoy the greatest gift of all -- time.

Our heartfelt thanks,
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 01:48 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: An update on Cam's family posted on the CaringBridge site tonight:

(A lady just recently received an opportunity at life due to a donor match found as a result of this drive.) 

this is fantastic.  
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 01:48 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: An update on Cam's family posted on the CaringBridge site tonight:

I just read through that book. Man. That was hard to go through.

He truly did impact more people than he could have ever imagined.
Reply/Quote
This is one part of the message board community that I really love. I haven't met ANY of you guys, yet I feel like I know everyone.

I read through this and I cried. I was on the old board when this happened, but I never really saw it. I don't know if it's because I had my bookmark set to the draft forum.

I can never thank the members of the old board (and this one as well) for all the thoughts and prayers that were passed along to me when my 5 month old son Deklan died 2 years ago. You guys will never know how much that meant to me.
Reply/Quote
Rest easy Cam !

And you will always be alive in the Jungle !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Reading all of this was bittersweet. Really sad for Cam I couldn't imagine going through any of the stuff he or his family went through but I was happy to read about everyone who pulled through for him making his time easier. It just seems rare to see so much good come out of the internet.

Good job guys. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Thoughts and prayers with his family. As do need to do something with to remember him.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
In our thoughts CAMCAT.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 08:51 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: In our thoughts CAMCAT.

Never forget the CamCat..... :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals front office should know about this. I think they would honor him.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Geez, how did i not see this before, made me seriously tear up.

God bless you Cam. Hopefully the team this year brings us all a Superbowl Championship and honors you.

RIP CamCat
Reply/Quote
In the fall of 2011, my niece back in Dayton contacted me. She told me that her friend had a son who was critically sick with a rare disease. She said that the boy was absolutely nuts about the Cincinnati Bengals. Knowing that I was a Bengals fan and active in some fan groups, she asked if I could reach out to some fans and see if they could maybe send him some positive messages while he was fighting this disease. I told her I would and so I posted a thread about it on the old board ("A Bengal Fan in Need"). I knew there would be a couple of guys who would respond. But I certainly didn't expect the overwhelming support and actions from so many board members. 34 saw the thread and set it up as a "sticky", which helped get the word out. Guys stopped by the hospital to visit Cam. People gave him gifts. I seem to recall that someone set up a visit for Cam at the stadium. The people on the board came out in force and really brought a lot of joy to Cam in the short time he had left with us.

Because my niece was good friends with Cam's mother, I got to know her as well and spoke to Cam a couple of times. I got pretty involved emotionally. We all were. When he passed on January 6, 2013, I had the somber job of posting it on the old board. I cried on that day. I have tears welling up in my eyes now, even today.

But Cam's legacy isn't one of sadness. His legacy was bringing together a bunch of guys with little in common for the cause of compassion. That is us at our best and who we are. Cam lives on in that part of us.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 02:02 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: In the fall of 2011, my niece back in Dayton contacted me. She told me that her friend had a son who was critically sick with a rare disease. She said that the boy was absolutely nuts about the Cincinnati Bengals. Knowing that I was a Bengals fan and active in some fan groups, she asked if I could reach out to some fans and see if they could maybe send him some positive messages while he was fighting this disease. I told her I would and so I posted a thread about it on the old board ("A Bengal Fan in Need"). I knew there would be a couple of guys who would respond. But I certainly didn't expect the overwhelming support and actions from so many board members. 34 saw the thread and set it up as a "sticky", which helped get the word out. Guys stopped by the hospital to visit Cam. People gave him gifts. I seem to recall that someone set up a visit for Cam at the stadium. The people on the board came out in force and really brought a lot of joy to Cam in the short time he had left with us.

Because my niece was good friends with Cam's mother, I got to know her as well and spoke to Cam a couple of times. I got pretty involved emotionally. We all were. When he passed on January 6, 2013, I had the somber job of posting it on the old board. I cried on that day. I have tears welling up in my eyes now, even today.

But Cam's legacy isn't one of sadness. His legacy was bringing together a bunch of guys with little in common for the cause of compassion. That is us at our best and who we are. Cam lives on in that part of us.

Great stuff Zona you Rock man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geez, how did i not see this before, made me seriously tear up.

God bless you Cam. Hopefully the team this year brings us all a Superbowl Championship and honors you.

RIP CamCat

We'll just go ahead, and say the team was playing for us this year...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 01:44 PM)jason Wrote: We'll just go ahead, and say the team was playing for us this year...

Yeah, and with no more Marv we might have a chance.
Reply/Quote