Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering Mo Sanu
Yes, he's still alive. I just remember this play that the Bengals pulled off as the very first play of one of their seasons (makes no sense really). Direct snap to Sanu, 70 yard throw to AJ for a TD.

Looking at some of the other plays it just looked like the team was having a lot more "fun" back then!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfBE7WiY2U
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Too many issues to work through with this team. However, once they get it together, they will have fun again.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Always liked the way Sanu could make some incredible looking catches, but hated how he would drop the ones that looked like routine catches.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I so thought this was going to be a thread making fun of how bad Sanu has been as a #2 in Atlanta.

653 yards + 4 TDs last year
611 yards + 4 TDs this year (current pace)

As for Marvin Jones, didn't that guy supposedly leave so he could be a #1 option? Well he's been a massive free agent bust for Detroit. Since starting hot in his first 3 games last year, MLJ has a pathetic stat line:

57 catches
802 yards
5 TDs
114 targets (50% completion rate)
18 games

The fact that MLJ has needed more than a full season in the Lions pass-obsessed offense to produce these numbers is pathetic. For anyone that thinks MLJ has made up for this by being a deep threat, he has 0 catches over 40 yards this year, in 6 games. The Lions paid MLJ $40 million over 5 years...supposedly to replace Calvin Johnson. At this point, they may be better off trying to convince Calvin to come out of retirement.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Makes sense, but I think our passing game was pretty good with Sanu, MLJ, and AJ. MLJ worked hard to get back from his injury, it's too bad we couldn't keep them all. I really liked Sanu because he was tough to bring down, kind of trying to turn him into an automatic 3rd down TJ Houshmandzadeh WR. MLJ used to always say if a pass is thrown my way, I have to catch it. Don't know the stats on that but loved hearing a WR say that (especially with Dalton throwing hehe, argh).
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:10 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Makes sense, but I think our passing game was pretty good with Sanu, MLJ, and AJ. MLJ worked hard to get back from his injury, it's too bad we couldn't keep them all. I really liked Sanu because he was tough to bring down, kind of trying to turn him into an automatic 3rd down TJ Houshmandzadeh WR. MLJ used to always say if a pass is thrown my way, I have to catch it. Don't know the stats on that but loved hearing a WR say that (especially with Dalton throwing hehe, argh).

Of the two, I miss Sanu more.  He added extra dimensions of unpredictability to the offense, like wildcat QB, ability to pass, etc.  He was also frustrating to watch when he dropped what appeared to be easy catches though.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I so thought this was going to be a thread making fun of how bad Sanu has been as a #2 in Atlanta.

653 yards + 4 TDs last year
611 yards + 4 TDs this year (current pace)

As for Marvin Jones, didn't that guy supposedly leave so he could be a #1 option? Well he's been a massive free agent bust for Detroit. Since starting hot in his first 3 games last year, MLJ has a pathetic stat line:

57 catches
802 yards
5 TDs
114 targets (50% completion rate)
18 games

The fact that MLJ has needed more than a full season in the Lions pass-obsessed offense to produce these numbers is pathetic. For anyone that thinks MLJ has made up for this by being a deep threat, he has 0 catches over 40 yards this year, in 6 games. The Lions paid MLJ $40 million over 5 years...supposedly to replace Calvin Johnson. At this point, they may be better off trying to convince Calvin to come out of retirement.
I would still take Jones over Lafell no question. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would still take Jones over Lafell no question. 

Can we take option C?

$8 million per is way too much for an average #2 with very little ability to get deep.
LaFell looks like we kept him a year too long. He's done.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Always liked the way Sanu could make some incredible looking catches, but hated how he would drop the ones that looked like routine catches.

Off OP topic...  but Braylon Edwards has to be the king of making spectacular catches and flubbing the easy ones.

Never have I seen someone so Jekyll and Hyde as that dude.

Yet another disaster by the Browns.  
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can we take option C?

$8 million per is way too much for an average #2 with very little ability to get deep.

I think it has less to do with Lafell bring bad and more to do with thr offensive scheme. Lazor seems to want to get the ball out as quick as possible with AJ Green being the #1 target when AJ is covered the second read is a TE or RB. 

If they could put together a running game I believe that will open up the entire offense and allow Dalton to spread it around better....but for that they need thr offensive line to grow a set....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I think it has less to do with Lafell bring bad and more to do with thr offensive scheme. Lazor seems to want to get the ball out as quick as possible with AJ Green being the #1 target when AJ is covered the second read is a TE or RB. 

If they could put together a running game I believe that will open up the entire offense and allow Dalton to spread it around better....but for that they need thr offensive line to grow a set....

Maybe so. I just look at LaFell's production and I cringe. 108 yards (7.2 per catch) and 0 TDs in 5 games when we're dying for someone to step up.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe so. I just look at LaFell's production and I cringe. 108 yards (7.2 per catch) and 0 TDs in 5 games when we're dying for someone to step up.

Yeah, that stinks, especially in the year AJ is showing some desperation in his play and words.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe so. I just look at LaFell's production and I cringe. 108 yards (7.2 per catch) and 0 TDs in 5 games when we're dying for someone to step up.

Agreed it looks bad..so so very bad lol.

But I just think the line is flat out killing all offensive production...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Whenever I hear Andy at the line shout "Green 18...Green 18..." I always think "Better get open Green 18, we've got nothing else going for us right now."
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can we take option C?

Isn't 8 million about right for a #2 Wr. Honestly I think Marvin Jones is better than what his stats suggest and he made our offense Way better  when Andy was at the helm.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I attribute the excitement to Hue Jackson.

Not much of a head coach, but a good offensive mind.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:09 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yes, he's still alive. I just remember this play that the Bengals pulled off as the very first play of one of their seasons (makes no sense really). Direct snap to Sanu, 70 yard throw to AJ for a TD.

Looking at some of the other plays it just looked like the team was having a lot more "fun" back then!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfBE7WiY2U

Gruden was OC  then 

Plus we had a better OL then as well.

This OL is not allowing routes to open up by WR's. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of the two, I miss Sanu more.  He added extra dimensions of unpredictability to the offense, like wildcat QB, ability to pass, etc.  He was also frustrating to watch when he dropped what appeared to be easy catches though.

Me too but always expected a little more as well after he beat Larry Fitzgerald's record for catches in college. 

Did it while Rutgers had np other weapons too. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sanu owns the best QB rating in the history of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 03:06 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Sanu owns the best QB rating in the history of the NFL.

Sweet !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote