Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Reminder about Posting articles
We all love sharing interesting information and tidbits about the team as we come across it, shoot that is most of my posts!

but please keep in mind there are some restrictions to what can be posted (I double checked with Bengalholic about this)

1) Articles that come from behind a paywall such as from The Athletic, ESPN+, or other pay sites can not be posted in their entirety on The Bengals Board. You can post 1 paragraph of a short article or 2 paragraphs of a long one. You may also post up to 5 individual quotes consisting of one or two sentences. You may post quotes or paragraphs...not both. You may summarize the information. A link to the article must be included. These sites rely on subscriptions and clicks for their revenue. If we would like to see them continue we need to respect that.

2) Articles from sites open to general viewing such as CBS Sports or PFT can be copied and posted but a link to the article should still be included. Tweets, IGs, and Facebook posts are included in this category.

These guidelines came directly from Bengalholic

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 03:37 PM)pally Wrote: We all love sharing interesting information and tidbits about the team as we come across it, shoot that is most of my posts!

but please keep in mind there are some restrictions to what can be posted (I double checked with Bengalholic about this)

1)  Articles that come from behind a paywall such as from The Athletic, ESPN+, or other pay sites can not be posted in their entirety on The Bengals Board.  You can post 1 paragraph of a short article or 2 paragraphs of a long one.  You may also post up to 5 individual quotes consisting of one or two sentences. You may post quotes or paragraphs...not both. You may summarize the information. A link to the article must be included.  These sites rely on subscriptions and clicks for their revenue.  If we would like to see them continue we need to respect that.

2) Articles from sites open to general viewing such as CBS Sports or PFT can be copied and posted but a link to the article should still be included.  Tweets, IGs, and Facebook posts are included in this category.

Thanks for the info. BTW how does one post a tweet off Twitter?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 03:41 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Thanks for the info. BTW how does one post a tweet off Twitter?

at the top right of the tweet you have either 3 dots or a drop down arrow...click there

one of your options will be to embed the tweet...click that

click on copy code

Come to The Bengals Board and either reply to an earlier post or post a new thread

right click...paste.  The tweet should now be in your post

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 03:37 PM)pally Wrote: We all love sharing interesting information and tidbits about the team as we come across it, shoot that is most of my posts!

1)  Articles that come from behind a paywall such as from The Athletic, ESPN+, or other pay sites can not be posted in their entirety on The Bengals Board.  You can post 1 paragraph of a short article or 2 paragraphs of a long one.  You may also post up to 5 individual quotes consisting of one or two sentences. You may post quotes or paragraphs...not both. You may summarize the information. A link to the article must be included.  These sites rely on subscriptions and clicks for their revenue.  If we would like to see them continue we need to respect that.

2) Articles from sites open to general viewing such as CBS Sports or PFT can be copied and posted but a link to the article should still be included.  Tweets, IGs, and Facebook posts are included in this category.

what about other peoples convos from other sites, like comments. not from a writer. like from quora. is that allowed. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 03:47 PM)pally Wrote: at the top right of the tweet you have either 3 dots or a drop down arrow...click there

click on copy code

Come to The Bengals Board and either reply to an earlier post or post a new thread

It worked. Thanks.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 03:47 PM)pally Wrote: at the top right of the tweet you have either 3 dots or a drop down arrow...click there

click on copy code

I embedded the tweet as you can see but I added "It worked. Thanks" above it but it came out tiny. Oh well. No big deal. At least I know how to embed a tweet now. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 04:20 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I embedded the tweet as you can see but I added "It worked. Thanks" above it but it came out tiny. Oh well. No big deal. At least I know how to embed a tweet now. Thanks.

Two things about copypasta. If you paste then try to type it will automatically use the size and font of what you're pasting. If you type any of your reply first, then past, you will be fine. 

Also. When you paste a tweet, you can delete that very last line that says <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> it does not affect your tweet at all.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Paywalls keep people without the means to pay for information less informed than those who can, and the cycle continues. With entertainment media, I have less of a gripe with it than I do when it comes to information media.

For anyone who doesn’t know, you can download safe extensions for pretty much any web browser that will allow you to bypass paywalls…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 05:08 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Paywalls keep people without the means to pay for information less informed than those who can, and the cycle continues. With entertainment media, I have less of a gripe with it than I do when it comes to information media.

For anyone who doesn’t know, you can download safe extensions for pretty much any web browser that will allow you to bypass paywalls…

wait im confused. is this site trying to make us pay to? if so thats not right. some people cant afford to pay. 

btw who owns this site anyways. a company or a person?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 05:58 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: wait im confused. is this site trying to make us pay to? if so thats not right. some people cant afford to pay. 

btw who owns this site anyways. a company or a person?

You don't pay to see anything on this site, but sites that have a paywall require a subscription to view their content.

As far as this site's ownership...it's owned by the members. The staff puts in money. The community puts in money. It all goes to pay the pay the bills and keep us running. So, it really is a group effort. We're sort of like the Green Bay Packers of message boards. LOL
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 06:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You don't pay to see anything on this site, but sites that have a paywall require a subscription to view their content.

As far as this site's ownership...it's owned by the members. The staff puts in money. The community puts in money. It all goes to pay the pay the bills and keep us running. So, it really is a group effort. We're sort of like the Green Bay Packers of message boards. LOL

the packers? and were need to put in money, when?

also bud, what can i do if people keep insulting and attacking me personly on here. what can i do to have that looked at?

also to, someone posted a really sexual pic in my boys thread, just letting you know in case you dont want that stuff on the site in case kids might see it.
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-the-boys--32420?page=4

just trying to give yall a heads up in case you missed it. thanks and be blessed.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 06:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You don't pay to see anything on this site, but sites that have a paywall require a subscription to view their content.

(07-30-2022, 06:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: the packers? and were need to put in money, when?

also bud, what can i do if people keep insulting and attacking me personly on here. what can i do to have that looked at?

also to, someone posted a really sexual pic in my boys thread, just letting you know in case you dont want that stuff on the site in case kids might see it.

just trying to give yall a heads up in case you missed it. thanks and be blessed.

could i get a answer please. i gotta leave to go fishing in like an a hour. thanks
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 07:48 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: could i get a answer please.

I can see this not going well...

That "pic" is what someone has as their 'sig', which pops up at the bottom every time they post. It has no nudity or coarse language so it's not really breaking the ToS. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 06:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: the packers? and were need to put in money, when?

If you have an issue with a post, you can use the report button at the bottom of the post. If you have an issue with another member, you can PM a staff member about it. 

(07-30-2022, 07:48 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: could i get a answer please. i gotta leave to go fishing in like an a hour. thanks

Just so you know, the staff has lives outside of the board. Even in the event a staff member is online, it doesn't mean they are actively looking at the board every minute.

If you ask a question and we don't respond right away...just wait longer.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 08:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That "pic" is what someone has as their 'sig', which pops up at the bottom every time they post. It has no nudity or coarse language so it's not really breaking the ToS. 

Yup.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 08:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can see this not going well...

That "pic" is what someone has as their 'sig', which pops up at the bottom every time they post. It has no nudity or coarse language so it's not really breaking the ToS. 

there literal pretending to have sex. oh well it aint my site.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 08:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If you have an issue with a post, you can use the report button at the bottom of the post. If you have an issue with another member, you can PM a staff member about it. 

Just so you know, the staff has lives outside of the board. Even in the event a staff member is online, it doesn't mean they are actively looking at the board every minute.

If you ask a question and we don't respond right away...just wait longer.  Whatever

so which one of you do i message for complaints
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 08:56 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: so which one of you do i message for complaints

Benton, BD, Zona, Shake, Sunset, Harley, treee, jfk. Feel free to send them all your complaints.

Sorry guys.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 09:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Benton, BD, Zona, Shake, Sunset, Harley, treee, jfk. Feel free to send them all your complaints.

Sorry guys.  Ninja

Meh or just send them to rfaulk. I think he would be excellent at customer service.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 09:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Meh or must send them to rfaulk. I think he would be excellent at customer service.

Even better! LOL
Reply/Quote