Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renacci for Ohio Governor
Mr. Renacci accepted my invitation to visit the Coshocton County Fair, today. We met and had a variety of discussions. I like what I heard and he seems to be a stand-up guy. He's using his Trump association in his advertising, but really didn't bring him up today. Jim's conservative rating in Congress was around 60%. I feel he's still that balanced and would like to see him win the Republican Gubernatorial Primary. I encourage you to look into him.

[Image: bba31feb60d3e376140488c2d9caaa75.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Looks like the kind of guy who definitely has a few bodies locked in his basement.
Reply/Quote
Ohio's wealthiest Congress member, net worth over 36 million dollars...

...maybe that is not a red flag. Calling early covid warnings scare tactics and scolding his own party members for alleged "Trump bashing" (aka thinking the Capitol riot was bad and the elction was fair), however, imho is. Him being an ardent Trump ally is a major concern.

Then again, why would I care :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I accept the fact that I live in a red state at this point. We haven't "swung" to the democrats since 2012 and that feels very far away.

So, if we must have a Republican governor, the only Republicans I'm interested in are ones that outspokenly denounce Trump (And stick with that denunciation). We had a "good" one in John Kasich and then Dewine is probably the closest we could have gotten in this regard for the last term. If my choices were Dewine and this dude, I'll take Dewine.

But, man, it would be nice if Ohio went back to being a swing state that doesn't feel the need to lick Trump's balls every 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:13 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I accept the fact that I live in a red state at this point. We haven't "swung" to the democrats since 2012 and that feels very far away.

So, if we must have a Republican governor, the only Republicans I'm interested in are ones that outspokenly denounce Trump (And stick with that denunciation). We had a "good" one in John Kasich and then Dewine is probably the closest we could have gotten in this regard for the last term. If my choices were Dewine and this dude, I'll take Dewine.

But, man, it would be nice if Ohio went back to being a swing state that doesn't feel the need to lick Trump's balls every 4 years.

Alas, Ohio was the gateway to the white house until it doubled down on Trump. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:58 AM)hollodero Wrote: Ohio's wealthiest Congress member, net worth over 36 million dollars...

...maybe that is not a red flag. Calling early covid warnings scare tactics and scolding his own party members for alleged "Trump bashing" (aka thinking the Capitol riot was bad and the elction was fair), however, imho is. Him being an ardent Trump ally is a major concern.

Then again, why would I care :)
He literally spoke yesterday on the matter of January 6th and the election. He stated that Biden is the President, there was no rampant issue with cheating, and people need to respect The Constitution/process. Mind you, there were no reporters to record. I will concede that in order to get early support he catered to the Trump crowd. Although I wouldn't have went that route, I understand the tactic being used in Ohio. I'm going to say it's from Brad Parscale being on his team. He didn't ride upon MAGA bullet points during our time together, however. We spoke about Ohio Means Jobs, decentralization of "state jobs" from Columbus, expansion of a 4 lane highway in Coshocton County, Ohio's weak (un)employment system, and broadband internet expansion across the state. I thought about pushing for a wall to keep Yinzers out, but ran low on time.
*ninja*

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 12:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: He literally spoke yesterday on the matter of January 6th and the election. He stated that Biden is the President, there was no rampant issue with cheating, and people need to respect The Constitution/process. Mind you, there were no reporters to record. I will concede that in order to get early support he catered to the Trump crowd. Although I wouldn't have went that route, I understand the tactic being used in Ohio. I'm going to say it's from Brad Parscale being on his team. He didn't ride upon MAGA bullet points during our time together, however. We spoke about Ohio Means Jobs, decentralization of "state jobs" from Columbus, expansion of a 4 lane highway in Coshocton County, Ohio's weak (un)employment system, and broadband internet expansion across the state. I thought about pushing for a wall to keep Yinzers out, but ran low on time.
*ninja*

I always have a problem with politicians for this reason. He catered to the Trump crowd earlier, but isn't now. Why? Where do his actual views lie? What are his principles?

This may be why I am not involved in party politics, anymore. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 12:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: He literally spoke yesterday on the matter of January 6th and the election. He stated that Biden is the President, there was no rampant issue with cheating, and people need to respect The Constitution/process. Mind you, there were no reporters to record. I will concede that in order to get early support he catered to the Trump crowd. Although I wouldn't have went that route, I understand the tactic being used in Ohio.

I understand the tactic as well, sure. The same is true for some of the most evil political figures in history though. I don't consider understandable tactic as an excuse or a value.

I also understand that Mr. Renacci privately has different takes than he displays publicly. I'm not so sure if this makes things better or even worse though.

Don't you have a libertarian candidate to endorse anyway? Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 08:43 AM)hollodero Wrote: I understand the tactic as well, sure. The same is true for some of the most evil political figures in history though. I don't consider understandable tactic as an excuse or a value.

I also understand that Mr. Renacci privately has different takes than he displays publicly. I'm not so sure if this makes things better or even worse though.

Don't you have a libertarian candidate to endorse anyway? Wink
The Libertarian Party is no longer recognized in the state of Ohio. Jo Jorgensen failed to meet the 3% threshold in November. I am currently running as an Independent for City Council.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 07:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I always have a problem with politicians for this reason. He catered to the Trump crowd earlier, but isn't now. Why? Where do his actual views lie? What are his principles?

This may be why I am not involved in party politics, anymore. LOL

Look at his voting record while Trump was in office. It's not hard for an informed voter to see that he's a Trump sycophant that is smart enough to not gargle his balls in public.

Don't think either party really care about informed voters nowadays though.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 07:15 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Look at his voting record while Trump was in office. It's not hard for an informed voter to see that he's a Trump sycophant that is smart enough to not gargle his balls in public.

Don't think either party really care about informed voters nowadays though.

An informed voter typically doesn't vote for R or D.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 09:40 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: The Libertarian Party is no longer recognized in the state of Ohio. Jo Jorgensen failed to meet the 3% threshold in November. I am currently running as an Independent for City Council.

shit like that makes it hard to meet the 3% threshold for guys like you in the trenches putting in the work every day.  
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I looked in to him.

“We need people like Trump in 2024,” said Renacci, a candidate trying to siphon GOP support away from DeWine over backlash to COVID-19 safety measures. “We need people who are disruptors who are going to change lanes.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brad-parscale-jim-renacci-ohio_n_61661694e4b0f3be08dbf05b

And he has hired former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale.

Easy pass on another super rich guy looking to disrupt my country. How about a common decency human being looking to repair my country.

Extremist are the problem. Some uber wealthy guy looking to disrupt sounds like more fuel to the fire of our burning democracy.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: shit like that makes it hard to meet the 3% threshold for guys like you in the trenches putting in the work every day.  
We turned in over 400,000 signatures in July 2018 to gain access. It only lasted just over 2 years. So many hoops to jump through. That's why I'm branching out to inject Liberty wherever I can. Most folks are severely misinformed about Libertarianism. I've actually found it easier to relay Libertarian principles as an Independent, while not describing the solutions to issues as being Libertarian in nature. They just accept them as being common sense.

Reply/Quote
You're making my envious. Actually having a choice is a foreign concept to me. I get to choose between whatever far left shit heel the Democratic party foists upon us and no one else. Newsome is about as empty headed and ill informed a governor as I can imagine. A pure politician in the worst sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 06:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I looked in to him.

“We need people like Trump in 2024,” said Renacci, a candidate trying to siphon GOP support away from DeWine over backlash to COVID-19 safety measures. “We need people who are disruptors who are going to change lanes.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brad-parscale-jim-renacci-ohio_n_61661694e4b0f3be08dbf05b

And he has hired former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale.

Easy pass on another super rich guy looking to disrupt my country. How about a common decency human being looking to repair my country.

Extremist are the problem. Some uber wealthy guy looking to disrupt sounds like more fuel to the fire of our burning democracy.
I totally understand.
I've never met Parscale, so I have no real opinion on him.
I think the Trump-riding is a risky maneuver, but I understand it tactically. The establishment Republicans will stick with DeWine and the "old money". So if your gunning to win the primary, you try to attract the rebels. Renacci is in a battle with Blystone for those anti-establishment voters. A Trump endorsement would likely win him the primary. If he wins the primary, I say he pivots afterward. If it gets that far and he doesn't, please remind me how wrong I was. I know Renacci may have been BS-ing me in our private conversation, but why would he really worry about winning over a pee-on like me ? I feel as if it's more like he's making a play on the easy votes.
Meh... maybe I was just overly flattered he accepted my invitation, thanked me for running against Householder, and offered to help with my current campaign (to which I never asked for anything).
But... why be so kind to a blue-collar Independent who's running for City Council ? My life has been pretty strange these past two years.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're making my envious. Actually having a choice is a foreign concept to me. I get to choose between whatever far left shit heel the Democratic party foists upon us and no one else. Newsome is about as empty headed and ill informed a governor as I can imagine. A pure politician in the worst sense.
You're a glutton for punishment and I don't know how you haven't escaped that dystopia.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:58 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You're a glutton for punishment and I don't know how you haven't escaped that dystopia.

Honestly, there are four things keeping me here.  My job, I'm not going to retire for a few years (although our lifespan after retirement is awful).  My immediate family pretty much all live here, as well as friends I've had for thirty-five or so odd years.  And the weather is still great, you literally cannot beat it in the continental US (if anywhere).  But the political culture/attitude towards criminal justice is borderline horrifying.  What's really scary is that it's even worse for my friends in the bay area, Portland and Seattle, where my little brother lives.  Honestly, Seattle may be the worst, their politics make LA look almost red state.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I totally understand.
I've never met Parscale, so I have no real opinion on him.
I think the Trump-riding is a risky maneuver, but I understand it tactically. The establishment Republicans will stick with DeWine and the "old money". So if your gunning to win the primary, you try to attract the rebels. Renacci is in a battle with Blystone for those anti-establishment voters. A Trump endorsement would likely win him the primary. If he wins the primary, I say he pivots afterward. If it gets that far and he doesn't, please remind me how wrong I was. I know Renacci may have been BS-ing me in our private conversation, but why would he really worry about winning over a pee-on like me ? I feel as if it's more like he's making a play on the easy votes.
Meh... maybe I was just overly flattered he accepted my invitation, thanked me for running against Householder, and offered to help with my current campaign (to which I never asked for anything).
But... why be so kind to a blue-collar Independent who's running for City Council ? My life has been pretty strange these past two years.

Here's why I don't like it from a personal experience from easily over a decade ago:

We had a guy running for county commissioner here.  Turned out he and his wife knew my wife so we even went to one of his "get to know me picnics".  He won one term, lost another and then he hooked up with another former commissioner who's claim to fame was he punched another commissioner in the nose years earlier when they were both on the board.  

He was the "rebel" and he promoted himself as such.

Grew up in the projects, joined the military, opened his own business!

Sadly his idea of "rebel" was to be an attention seeking a-hole.

So when the guy I knew ran WITH him I was disappointed.  By then my wife wasn't in contact with him but I wrote a letter to the editor about it.  Explaining there was a reason the former guy was voted out and that siding up to HIM just to try and get votes was going to bite him in the rear end.

The guy called my WIFE and said if I had a problem with him to contact him directly!  LMAO!

I told her he went through her when he could have as easily reached me and that if he's so thin-skinned he can't take any criticism in the paper he probably shouldn't run for office again.  

Anyway they both lost, neither was ever re-elected in all these years.

In my book if you can't run on your own merits and ideas you're just a political shill for the part or the guy whose coattails your riding.

Oh, I should add here for the more critical reader that these guys were both Democrats, as I am registered. Back then especially very few Republicans run for office though most people cross-register and the vast majority of positions run unopposed.  More recently we've had a lot of gop members get elected.

Before DJT it was because all the white guys got mad at all the "lazy welfare people" (only they didn't say it as politically correctly) in our county (the majority of which are white), then after Trump it was all about making America great again.  Same thing but with a shiny new slogan.  Smirk

They vote against their own best interests and then ***** incessantly about it.

And I've voted republican for a few positions because I knew them personally and they were trying to do what was best (in my mind) for the county).  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: A Trump endorsement would likely win him the primary. If he wins the primary, I say he pivots afterward.

That would make him pretty much the only republican to ever do so.

For all the others, the principle was and stayed you're either with Trump all the way or you're out. Maybe Renacci is the one that tries to break this circle, but, as you'd put it, one could probably still understand tactically why he would not.

It's just, at some point the one who is committed out of strategy isn't any better than the one who is committed out of conviction. Imho he already crossed that point with his public remarks until now, trying to convince people of the election steal and all that.
Reply/Quote