Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renell Wren activated-update
Wren passed his physical and is now off the NFI list

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Do they have to cut somebody or was he already counting against the 80?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 07:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Do they have to cut somebody or was he already counting against the 80?

right now they don't have to do anything because they placed John Ross on the COVID list.  When Ross returns to the active roster someone will have to be cut

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 07:06 PM)pally Wrote: right now they don't have to do anything because they placed John Ross on the COVID list.  When Ross returns to the active roster someone will have to be cut

AFAIK, he was on the "ACTIVE/NFI," list; those guys count against already, IIRC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope this guy pans out, he is talented. Would be nice if he could grow into his own and be a capable backup to Reader.

We would have one of the best D-lines in the league with the addition of Daniels.
Reply/Quote
I have high hopes for Renell Wren and picked him for my long shot breakout candidate of 2020.

Renell Wren vs First Round pick Garrett Bradbury at the 2019 Senior Bowl. Bradbury has solid technique and great inside hands but it doesnt matter because it looked like child trying to stop a truck.

Renell Wren vs "Washington Football Team" 5th round pick and former Alabama center Ross Pierschbacher. Wren just blows by Pierschbacher.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 01:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope this guy pans out, he is talented. Would be nice if he could grow into his own and be a capable backup to Reader.

We would have one of the best D-lines in the league with the addition of Daniels.

Seems like such a simple statement, and we have always (seemingly) gone in to the season thinking of this as an area of strength...often to be disappointed.  

Now, we have DJ Reader next to Geno Atkins and Daniels in rotation with something to prove.  We have Dunlap, Hubbard, and Lawson outside creating pass rush, and a rookie in Khalid Kareem.  

If this defensive line pans out, with the additions in the LB corps and the secondary, the days of this defense being carved up may be over.  They all work together to make the unit better and, hopefully, yield substantially more sacks and turnovers.  
Reply/Quote
Really liking the types of guys we have battling for d line spots. It’s gonna be a hard battle for reserve spots. Hubbard, Geno, Dunlap, Daniels are probably obvious spots but ima really enjoy seeing these backup spots get filled
Reply/Quote
[Image: HandsomeBossyGiantschnauzer-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Probably a good time to go back to the former Lions route and see if Damon Harrison wants to play with Daniels again. He can still be a capable NT I think in a platoon role.
Reply/Quote
Ugh.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 12:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Seems like such a simple statement, and we have always (seemingly) gone in to the season thinking of this as an area of strength...often to be disappointed.  

Now, we have DJ Reader next to Geno Atkins and Daniels in rotation with something to prove.  We have Dunlap, Hubbard, and Lawson outside creating pass rush, and a rookie in Khalid Kareem.  

If this defensive line pans out, with the additions in the LB corps and the secondary, the days of this defense being carved up may be over.  They all work together to make the unit better and, hopefully, yield substantially more sacks and turnovers.  

Then Wren goes down, damn.GaahBang Head

It has been unfair to judge our D-line though with how bad our Linebackers have been.

Hopefully no more injuries (knock on wood).
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Probably a good time to go back to the former Lions route and see if Damon Harrison wants to play with Daniels again. He can still be a capable NT I think in a platoon role.

Yeah, get Snacks. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Probably a good time to go back to the former Lions route and see if Damon Harrison wants to play with Daniels again. He can still be a capable NT I think in a platoon role.
Just posted this in a different thread and now realize this was the better place to do it: 
The thing is, in 2018 the Giants traded Snacks to Detroit for a 5th rounder, which was a crazy firesale at the time. Like there had to be some bad blood with the coaches or an attitude problem or something. And the Giants' DB coach then was none other than Lou Anarumo, so whatever it was he'd know. 
Point being, i'm not against signing him, but if we don't there may well be a good reason for it. So i'm not holding my breath. 
Reply/Quote
Wren is an interesting prospect hopefully the injury isn't to bad and he can come back from it relatively quickly.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 05:42 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Just posted this in a different thread and now realize this was the better place to do it: 
The thing is, in 2018 the Giants traded Snacks to Detroit for a 5th rounder, which was a crazy firesale at the time. Like there had to be some bad blood with the coaches or an attitude problem or something. And the Giants' DB coach then was none other than Lou Anarumo, so whatever it was he'd know. 
Point being, i'm not against signing him, but if we don't there may well be a good reason for it. So i'm not holding my breath. 

updating this, and looking around online I can't find anything negative about him. However, at least as of last December he was mulling retirement. 
Reply/Quote
If the team is looking for an experienced vet, now might be Peko time. Jernigan signed with Jacksonville today.
Reply/Quote
Ugh.....another injury
Reply/Quote
Marcell Dareus

Corey Liuget

Slyvester Williams

All former 1st Rounders.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote