Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rep. Bowman goes off the rails in fiery speech
(06-24-2024, 10:34 AM)CJD Wrote: Criticizing the leg thing seems like a stretch to me. It wasn't explicit or anything. Just kinda weird.

That’s what was funny about it. 90°???? For shame!
Reply/Quote
Bowman knows he's toast, hence the histrionics. Getting rid of him and Cori Bush would be a good start. We can focus on MTG, Tlaib and Omar next. I'm not including Boebert, I like her white trash MILF vibe. Cool

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 09:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It just seem that whenever anyone posts anything negative about the Democratic Party or the words or actions of any of its members, one of the first things that we always see is a response deflecting towards Trump.  I also feel sometimes that anyone who isn't wholly on board with Democratic Party messaging on here is somehow lumped in as a Trump supporter.

I never get lumped in as a Trump supporter Tongue Ninja
Reply/Quote
Have to admit, that AOC didn't have a giant clock hanging from her neck was a disappointment
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 10:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't really consider myself guilty of that. I only have an issue when folks condemn democrats and praise Trump for the same things, and there's one repeated offender on that front. Oh no the audacity of Biden making things about himself, oh no Biden family members make deals in foreign countries, oh no democrats use incendiary language, oh no Biden upset a gold star family, oh no Biden used a spin and said something that wasn't true, oh no Biden rambled inconsistently... but when Trump does the exact same things, it's all great and wonderful. That is the absurdity I address and I feel it's worth addressing when someone is just blindly partisan and has zero consistency in his stances. You know, things like calling the media biased and therefore awful (which is fair enough) while praising FOX at the same time (at which point it turns into an absurdity).

It would be equally absurd if a harsh Trump critic now showed up to vehemently defend Mr. Bowman. No one did. But when similar instances occur, I quite often stated that it's weird to be fine with things from democrats that would be considered awful if Trump did them. But that sure goes both ways.

Get back to us when Trump attacks Israel. This guy is antisemitic nut job with no place in politics. You want proof, just listen to his speech. He is a part of a squad who loves Hamas. As for division, I see more attacks on MAGA and Trump by the left than Trump and MAGA against Democrats. The left is notorious for making attacks personal. We are deplorable, we are a cult, we can't use critical thinking skills and more. 

Those are all personal attacks and end policy discussions. It appears to be the plan. Just as you did, you did not debate this man's speech, you deflected to Trump immediately.

Let's see if Democrats in the Bronx elect him tomorrow for another term.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 12:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bowman knows he's toast, hence the histrionics.  Getting rid of him and Cori Bush would be a good start.  We can focus on MTG, Tlaib and Omar next.  I'm not including Boebert, I like her white trash MILF vibe.  Cool

I agree with MTG, she is a nut job and needs to go along with Matt Gaetz.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 07:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with MTG, she is a nut job and needs to go along with Matt Gaetz.

Yes, both sides could stand to lose a few from the lunatic fringe...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, both sides could stand to lose a few from the lunatic fringe...

100%

If both sides could cut loose the fringe, the country would be a lot more sane.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 08:00 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: 100%

If both sides could cut loose the fringe, the country would be a lot more sane.

It also makes one wonder how bad it must be in some districts, that the constituents will go to the lengths of electing some of these extremest fools.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It also makes one wonder how bad it must be in some districts, that the constituents will go to the lengths of electing some of these extremest fools.  

The only answer I come up with is money.

Toe the line, you get paid and your campaign financed. 

If 50% of the money used in campaign financing was put into funding the government, the deficit would be a non issue.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 08:13 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: The only answer I come up with is money.

Toe the line, you get paid and your campaign financed. 

If 50% of the money used in campaign financing was put into funding the government, the deficit would be a non issue.

What I'm thinking is that many of these radicals, on both sides, campaign much differently than they vote in Congress and speak in public.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 08:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What I'm thinking is that many of these radicals, on both sides, campaign much differently than they vote in Congress and speak in public.

I agree.

They know the game and play the public very well.
Reply/Quote
At one point before they go political, I loved Saturday Night Live. SNL has to make this a skit. If so, who plays Bernie Sanders (Larry David), AOC and Bowman?

I hope they do it, I would watch it.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 08:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: At one point before they go political, I loved Saturday Night Live. SNL has to make this a skit. If so, who plays Bernie Sanders (Larry David), AOC and Bowman?

I hope they do it, I would watch it.

I agree, which is why I mentioned the fantastic Trump Roast from 10+ years back.

Jokes, fun, and good times...
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 07:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Get back to us when Trump attacks Israel. This guy is antisemitic nut job with no place in politics. You want proof, just listen to his speech.

I said that he has no place in politics multiple times.

It's just, if Trump behaved in the same manner, you would celebrate it.

(06-24-2024, 07:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He is a part of a squad who loves Hamas. As for division, I see more attacks on MAGA and Trump by the left than Trump and MAGA against Democrats. The left is notorious for making attacks personal. We are deplorable, we are a cult, we can't use critical thinking skills and more. 

Those are all personal attacks and end policy discussions.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying when folks behave like that. Thank god you for one are so much above that.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Bowman is heading for defeat in the Democratic Primary

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 10:38 PM)pally Wrote: Looks like Bowman is heading for defeat in the Democratic Primary

Yeah, I mentioned that days ago.  He was double digits underwater in the polls he didn't fund himself.  The guy is a moron.  Moronic, loud, histrionic and pulling a fire alarm to delay a vote is not a recipe for reelection.   His opponent did a very good job of painting Bowman as a radical as well.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 12:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bowman knows he's toast, hence the histrionics.  Getting rid of him and Cori Bush would be a good start.  We can focus on MTG, Tlaib and Omar next.  I'm not including Boebert, I like her white trash MILF vibe.  Cool

You sure about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIwqJyyNvv4

She has said some stuff that has probably concerned me more than most politicians as far as going against our founding principles. I was disappointed trump endorsed her the other day. I should have expected it though considering he is using the religious types for his own gain.
Reply/Quote