Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rep Suggestion
(12-30-2015, 07:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I disagree. When a poster makes another person look like an idiot, I like repping them and making a comment about that poster, hoping they're trolling the comments.

right there with you.  some of these softies are PM'ing one another and talking shit like little girls.  guess i'd prefer to just put it out in the open, at least then the poster knows i think they're a POS.  some people have real problems accepting that though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-30-2015, 05:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Don't forget sensitive and 90210-level dramatic.

Says the guy that started a thread about rep.....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-30-2015, 07:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I disagree. When a poster makes another person look like an idiot, I like repping them and making a comment about that poster, hoping they're trolling the comments.

Well that's only because you're a badass

The rep message is a great form of communication. You first let the poster know that you appreciated what they wrote, then you can leave a personalized message knowing very well that they will see it. Rather than just responding by post, and hoping that they see it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Guys.  We need to be realistic here.  Rep is the only proxy we mongrels have to fill our tiny tin cups in the gruel line.  We can't all be informed about the 'real' identify and closeted intentions of each and every poster.  That is reserved for an elite few to pass judgment down upon the meek.  Anyone who calls bullshit is an idiot.  

If someone says they are being 'stalked'.  Well then they are god damnit.  And if someone says WDW GHB and DJS were all the same person, well get your ass in line, shut the **** up and eat your shitstew before it gets cold.

Better knock it off.

(12-30-2015, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Says the guy that started a thread about rep.....

A thread that you can't keep your stalked ass out of....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(12-30-2015, 08:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: A thread that you can't keep your stalked ass out of....

I can't keep my stalkers off that ass.
(12-29-2015, 12:26 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I would like to make a suggestion regarding the rep system.  It has come to my attention that certain posters flood each other with green or red rep for some unknown reason.  Red when they're butthurt, and green when they have an awkward boner for someone else.  You guys should implement a certain amount of reps that you have to give in between giving a poster one rep and another.

This way all of the mediocre posters don't get the false sense that they're actually good, and those same members can't troll the living shit out of someone whom they are participating in a little spat with.

Seriously. Make the rep function mean something or just get rid of it completely.  I know that the number has no real value....but you devalue the "I'm awesome on the Internet" feeling when you let folks abuse it.

Just a suggestion.

Just because you think someone is a mediocre poster, doesn't mean they are.  Why do you care anyway?  I don't think we should all be able to see who is giving rep to who, however, so we don't get threads like this.
(12-30-2015, 08:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: A thread that you can't keep your stalked ass out of....

Didn't say I was stalked. Simply mentioned folks stalk other's Rep pages and this can lead to animosity on the boards; adding a point to your OP.  You then suggested that pointing this out somehow made someone "fragile".

Not sure if you felt you were attacked or just felt the need to flex your cyber-tough guy. 

There is no reason you should feel attacked when I suggest folks stalk other's Rep page as you have suggested you only arrive there by accident from time to time. Unfortunately it appears you as so accident prone that you stumbled on other's rep pages so often and accidentally read the content and the posts/threads they repped that you felt the need to start a thread about the content of rep pages. But hey keep telling everyone in your thread that you really don't care.  

Don't want folks in a thread; don't start a thread.

(12-30-2015, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't say I was stalked. Simply mentioned folks stalk other's Rep pages and this can lead to animosity on the boards; adding a point to your OP.  You then suggested that pointing this out somehow made someone "fragile".

Not sure if you felt you were attacked or just felt the need to flex your cyber-tough guy. 

There is no reason you should feel attacked when I suggest folks stalk other's Rep page as you have suggested you only arrive there by accident from time to time. Unfortunately it appears you as so accident prone that you stumbled on other's rep pages so often and accidentally read the content and the posts/threads they repped that you felt the need to start a thread about the content of rep pages. But hey keep telling everyone in your thread that you really don't care.  

Don't want folks in a thread; don't start a thread.

You may want to double check that reading ability.  Did I say that I stumbled upon this whole rep-inflation thing by accident, or is that something that you made up?

And I don't care who posts in the thread.  I started it for discussion.  Unfortunately, it's become less of a discussion and more of a back-and-forth insult thing.  You said that it's stalking.  If you feel that clicking on someone's rep description is "stalking", then I'm sorry, but I feel that is very fragile minded and over-reactive discription of the whole thing.  You say it to get a reaction from people, so your objective has been completed.  juat don't pretend to be innocent in the whole thing...it's not fooling anyone.

Does rep really matter? No, but I thought it would be a good continual improvement topic. 
LFG  

(12-30-2015, 09:12 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Just because you think someone is a mediocre poster, doesn't mean they are.  Why do you care anyway?  I don't think we should all be able to see who is giving rep to who, however, so we don't get threads like this.

When I say "mediocre poster", I was being nice.  I don't really think that.
LFG  

(12-30-2015, 10:54 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: When I say "mediocre poster", I was being nice.  I don't really think that.

What you think is your business.  What I think is my business.  But in this case you are trying to change the rules and force your opinions on everyone else.   You shouldn't care who I or anyone else give(s) rep to.  Nor should you be dictating who deserves rep and who doesn't.  
(12-30-2015, 11:03 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What you think is your business.  What I think is my business.  But in this case you are trying to change the rules and force your opinions on everyone else.   You shouldn't care who I or anyone else give(s) rep to.  Nor should you be dictating who deserves rep and who doesn't.  

You're so full of double standards, dude. You can post what you want...you can complain about what you want.  I can do the same.  I simply suggested something that I thought would make the rep function better.  There is no need to cry about it. 
LFG  

(12-30-2015, 11:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You're so full of double standards, dude. You can post what you want...you can complain about what you want.  I can do the same.  I simply suggested something that I thought would make the rep function better.  There is no need to cry about it. 

I'm not a dude, dude.  You say I'm crying?  This whole post is one big whine, started by you, because you apparently want to dictate who gets rep and who doesn't.  
(12-30-2015, 10:52 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You may want to double check that reading ability.  Did I say that I stumbled upon this whole rep-inflation thing by accident, or is that something that you made up?

And I don't care who posts in the thread.  I started it for discussion.  Unfortunately, it's become less of a discussion and more of a back-and-forth insult thing.  You said that it's stalking.  If you feel that clicking on someone's rep description is "stalking", then I'm sorry, but I feel that is very fragile minded and over-reactive discription of the whole thing.  You say it to get a reaction from people, so your objective has been completed.  juat don't pretend to be innocent in the whole thing...it's not fooling anyone.

Does rep really matter? No, but I thought it would be a good continual improvement topic. 

Well you did say you accidentally find yourself on folks rep pages sometimes (at least that's what I read with my feeble reading skills).

It became a "back-and-forth insult thing" when you called someone fragile for suggesting public viewing of the rep pages is an issue (the very reason you started this thread).

Sorry you got "butthurt" over the use of the word stalking; but it happens. Clicking on someone's rep page is not stalking; however, when you follow up on what you see there, and often times in an adverse manner, it becomes stalking.  There was no attempt to get a reaction from anybody and there was no accusation that anyone in this thread stalked those pages. But I must say I might have been naive in that assumption.

(12-30-2015, 11:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm not a dude, dude.  You say I'm crying?  This whole post is one big whine, started by you, because you apparently want to dictate who gets rep and who doesn't.  

Dude...cool your jets. It was a suggestion about how to make the rep function better.  If you disagree with it, congratulations.  Maybe you can state your stance on it instead of just crying about how my stance is wrong.

Really, I don't think my suggestion was very outlandish. I'm not sure anyone does.
LFG  

(12-30-2015, 11:26 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Dude...cool your jets. It was a suggestion about how to make the rep function better.  If you disagree with it, congratulations.  Maybe you can state your stance on it instead of just crying about how my stance is wrong.

Really, I don't think my suggestion was very outlandish. I'm not sure anyone does.

No it wasn't just a suggestion.  You indicated you think that some people are mediocre and and don't deserve rep.  Here's the quote from your original post:  "This way all of the mediocre posters don't get the false sense that they're actually good" 
(12-30-2015, 11:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No it wasn't just a suggestion.  You indicated you think that some people are mediocre and and don't deserve rep.  

Correct. Do you think that everyone deserves rep?

In my opinion, if people need to have someone rep them dozens of times in a row to inflate or deflate their rep number, then that rep is not deserved....whether it's positive or negative.

Is this an irrational suggestion?
LFG  

(12-30-2015, 11:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Correct. Do you think that everyone deserves rep?

In my opinion, if people need to have someone rep them dozens of times in a row to inflate or deflate their rep number, then that rep is not deserved....whether it's positive or negative.

Is this an irrational suggestion?

I think whoever I want to give rep to deserves that rep from me.  I don't think that should be decided by you.  As far as giving out positive rep several times in a row, I have done that, but so have you.  Now you're complaining about it.  The only time I gave out neg rep to someone in a row was when they did that to me first after the game Monday night.  I give out way more positive rep than negative rep.  
(12-30-2015, 11:41 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think whoever I want to give rep to deserves that rep from me.  I don't think that should be decided by you.  As far as giving out positive rep several times in a row, I have done that, but so have you.  Now you're complaining about it.  The only time I gave out neg rep to someone in a row was when they did that to me first after the game Monday night.

Congratulations. You have an opinion. Now quit crying about mine.

I gave out my first over and over and over and over again rep in this page, to Wyche, to demonstrate the ridiculous nature of the rep function when it is used that way.  I don't recall every doing that before, but if I have feel free to point it out.
LFG