Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rep System Update
There have been some complaints, both recently and in the past, about rep comments being visible to everyone. The staff has decided that making rep comments private is probably for the best. So, I've written a couple new lines of code in the plugin file which should now make rep comments private, and only visible to the person receiving them.

I need to know if the new code is working properly, so please let know if it's performing correctly, and report any bugs if noticed.

Thanks, BJ
Reply/Quote
Looks like it's working.

Now, hopefully you all corrected the real issue as well...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Looks like it's working.

Now, hopefully you all corrected the real issue as well...

If you mean the frequency that rep can be distributed, we're discussing that as well. One issue at a time brother.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If you mean the frequency that rep can be distributed, we're discussing that as well. One issue at a time brother.  ThumbsUp

Pffff....I'm talking about making my reps worth 100 points instead of 10, due to my awesomeness.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:42 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Pffff....I'm talking about making my reps worth 100 points instead of 10, due to my awesomeness.

I'm sure that will be discussed at the next staff meeting. Wasted
Reply/Quote
Is the negative rep gone again?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Is the  negative rep gone again?

Hopefully. That'll keep you from rep-spam trolling the new members who you dislike.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Hopefully. That'll keep you from rep-spam trolling the new members who you dislike.

You need to quit stalking me.  
Reply/Quote
It was a problem that comments left in response to other comments on a public message board were visible to others? Isn't that the point? Unreal.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:41 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It was a problem that comments left in response to other comments on a public message board were visible to others? Isn't that the point? Unreal.

well in my case someone was stalking my comments and making it his business to decide who I should rep and how I should rep them.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: well in my case someone was stalking my comments and making it his business to decide who I should rep and how I should rep them.  

Did you consider ignoring your anonymous internet stalker?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:50 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Did you consider ignoring your anonymous internet stalker?

He wasn't anonymous.  And ignoring someone doesn't block them.  If I could block him, I would.  Putting him on my ignore list wouldn't keep him out of my rep.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:53 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He wasn't anonymous.  And ignoring someone doesn't block them.  If I could block him, I would.

So you knew him personally and he wasn't just some random dude who just so happened to venture the same message board as you?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: well in my case someone was stalking my comments and making it his business to decide who I should rep and how I should rep them.  

No one's stalking you, ya' nerd...Stop stealing bfine's lines. 

The fact that some of you dorks consider looking at someone else's rep to be "stalking" is pathetic.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:13 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: No one's stalking you, ya' nerd...Stop stealing bfine's lines. 

The fact that some of you dorks consider looking at someone else's rep to be "stalking" is pathetic.

Look, your obsession with my rep and activities is making me uncomfortable.  You monitored my rep and if you didn't like something I did, you let me know about it.  Its  not up to you to police my rep.   Leave me alone.  The fact that you care so much about when, how, and who I give rep to is actually what is pathetic.  It's a little alarming too, especially since the rep in question wasn't even given to you.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:04 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Look, your obsession with my rep and activities is making me uncomfortable.  You monitored my rep and if you didn't like something I did, you let me know about it.  Its  not up to you to police my rep.   Leave me alone.  The fact that you care so much about when, how, and who I give rep to is actually what is pathetic.  It's a little alarming too, especially since the rep in question wasn't even given to you.  

Ok dude...if you don't like people reacting to the things that you do on a public forum....stop using said public forum.  Either that, or stop crying.  It's not difficult.

If you're so uncomfortable, you could always use the "block user" feature.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
Removing negative rep capability is a good thing.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If you mean the frequency that rep can be distributed, we're discussing that as well. One issue at a time brother.  ThumbsUp

(01-05-2016, 10:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Removing negative rep capability is a good thing.

Perhaps we could put some of these questions to a poll, for all of the members to vote on and add their input?  Seems right.  After all, this board was created by members of the old board, many of whom had a bit of disdain for the tyranny in which the old board was operated.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps we could put some of these questions to a poll, for all of the members to vote on and add their input?  Seems right.  After all, this board was created by members of the old board, many of whom had a bit of disdain for the tyranny in which the old board was operated.

Wait wait wait.

We didn't want tyranny on this board? Oh dear, I may have made a mistake...

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Removing negative rep capability is a good thing.

Yep. Most of my neg reps came from a very few people, you included. I think it's a good thing because it makes the boards more free and less sororityish.
Reply/Quote