Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Bengals possibly experiment 5th round Uzomah at H - Back (
lol at people flipping out because he's "switching positions"!

H-back is just a tight end playing off the line so he can go in motion across the formation.

Articles like this just seem like they're looking for a story and try to make one out of nothing.

Gresham was lined up as an H-Back in this video and I don't see people flipping out.
Reply/Quote
if he's an improvement over Hewitt I'm all for it. Hewitt had some good plays, but also had games where he contributed little to nothing. If CJ can beat him out, I'm all for it.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:07 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: if he's an improvement over Hewitt I'm all for it. Hewitt had some good plays, but also had games where he contributed little to nothing. If CJ can beat him out, I'm all for it.

Hewitt is the next Great White Hope. 
In the mold of Jordan Shipley, Ryan Freel, Adam Rosales and JK Shaffer...we need our mediocre white guys on the roster. Cincinnati loves them. 
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:41 AM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/05/31/cincinnati-bengals-tight-end-c-j-uzomah-has-star-potential/

This is a Quote taken from Rant Sport - Link Above
"Fortunately for Uzomah, he is impressing Bengals coaches in a big way already. Hayes said he may even be a candidate for H-back in the Bengals’ system. He’s a big body with unique strength and versatility who can run. This is a player that Bengals fans should be very excited about. While he may not gain immediate stardom, his future with the Bengals looks very bright."

I really hate when the Bengals take players out of their natural position. Ryan Hewitt was a good H-Back/Full Back last year.

Can't we just let TE's be.

We need 3 solid TE's 2 of them blockers. Don't need to be messing with a rookie out of his natural position.

Then again the Bengals were high on that UDFA John Peters(I think it was). Maybe they trying to squeeze people on to the roster.

This is just dumb if they really do. I'm probably over reacting but history has shown the Bengals love to experiment this.

I guess I do not understand what they problem is and why it has you worked up. Should the staff not look to see how versatile a player can be to the team? If Hewitt were injured during a game then you are saying we just go without anyone in his position? Wouldn't it be nice to know you had another player that could step in and that you had confidence in for a situation such as this?
Reply/Quote
The more guys you have that can line up at different positions the better.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Meh, it's not a big deal to me at this point. I'm guessing they're looking at him being Hewitt's back up in emergency situations.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I mentioned this after he was drafted and was immediately informed that Hewitt in the most non-upgradable player on the roster. CJ is bigger, faster, and stronger. If he demonstrates to desire to block he could easily be an upgrade over Hewitt.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I mentioned this after he was drafted and was immediately informed that Hewitt in the most non-upgradable player on the roster. CJ is bigger, faster, and stronger. If he demonstrates to desire to block he could easily be an upgrade over Hewitt.

But but but his hair...
Reply/Quote
Hewitt was waxing LBers last year at FB. I've seen a lot of Jungle Noisers act like he wasn't. They're wrong. Hobson has reported multiple times that the organization feels he might've been the best FB in the league last year. I doubt it's a spin job like Binns is Fitz because fan base isn't going to get jacked up about a FB, plus we could see with our own eyes him splatter fools while Hill enjoyed his efforts.

Now at HB Hewitt looked pretty solid too. Could CJ give him a run there? Sure and possibly at FB, who knows. But to say Hewitt is only around because he's white is goofy. I betchya Hill doesn't care if he's purple as long as he's the one leading the ISO.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:26 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Hewitt was waxing LBers last year at FB.  I've seen a lot of Jungle Noisers act like he wasn't.  They're wrong.  Hobson has reported multiple times that the organization feels he might've been the best FB in the league last year.  I doubt it's a spin job like Binns is Fitz because fan base isn't going to get jacked up about a FB, plus we could see with our own eyes him splatter fools while Hill enjoyed his efforts.  

Now at HB Hewitt looked pretty solid too.  Could CJ give him a run there?  Sure and possibly at FB, who knows.  But to say Hewitt is only around because he's white is goofy.  I betchya Hill doesn't care if he's purple as long  as he's the one leading th

Ranked 5th best FB on PFF I think.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
So it is now a bad thing to have too many good players at too many different positions? I could understand if AJ was made to line up at halfback, or Iloka made to play Sam backer. But cmon, we're talking about reserve TE's, part time H-backs, and at best, makeshift FB's. As many guys with the skills and smarts to be in those positions, the better. It's kinda one of those unhearald roster spots that don't get the limelight, but win games for you. If they have two or three guys there that can line up at multiple positions, and at least do their job and hold their own, I'm ecstatic.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
Motioning the TE into the middle of your formation to be the lead blocker with Hill/Gio in the backfield can make a power running play out of what initially looks like a passing formation.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hewitt is the next Great White Hope. 
In the mold of Jordan Shipley, Ryan Freel, Adam Rosales and JK Shaffer...we need our mediocre white guys on the roster. Cincinnati loves them. 

Hewitt played extremely well last year theres no Hype behind it... #2 rated FB of all 32 teams last year... Nothing wrong with a blue collar guy that plays well.

I would give you neg rep for this comment if it was available.
Reply/Quote
Hewitt is good, but Uzo could definitely be an upgrade. Twenty lbs heavier and a lot faster.

Not saying he will unseat Hewitt, but definitely worth a look.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hewitt played extremely well last year theres no Hype behind it... #2 rated FB of all 32 teams last year...  Nothing wrong with a blue collar guy that plays well.

On what scale was he rated the #2 FB in the league?

I mean, I can just start making stuff up if you'd like to make him seem pretty bad, but I'd prefer to not blatantly lie. I'm interested to see which metric you've found rating him #2.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:42 PM)TGISunday Wrote: This guy wasn't really a tight end in college, either.  Didn't even have a position coach.  Hes an athlete at this point.  Not sure why theres unrest on the subject.

Because fan(atic)s have to have something to bubble over about?
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 12:06 PM)djs7685 Wrote: On what scale was he rated the #2 FB in the league?

I mean, I can just start making stuff up if you'd like to make him seem pretty bad, but I'd prefer to not blatantly lie. I'm interested to see which metric you've found rating him #2.

Pretty sure i saw an article that said that at one point. Could be wrong on the number but is was very high. Id have to dig for it now... And im not sure which site it was on.

And im sure you have no problem making stuff up..... As with the last bengals board.. You opinion means very little to me.

But yeah. Rated 5th by PFF

This was the quote i remembered just apparently not all of it.
Quote:Pro Football Focus. From Week 9 to the end of the regular season, Hewitt was the No. 2 FB behind only 49ers Pro-Bowler Bruce Miller.

that probly coincides with Hill becoming the Lead RB.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hewitt played extremely well last year theres no Hype behind it... #2 rated FB of all 32 teams last year...  Nothing wrong with a blue collar guy that plays well.

Neg rep because I don't get on the knees and suck Hewitt off?
Oh you have me scared now. 

He was alright. He made like 4 or 5 plays last year and had a lot of "just enough blocks"
That can be upgraded. 

He left quite few big plays on the table because he couldn't secure or finish a block. 
Reply/Quote
The thread has devolved to Hewitt bashing
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:16 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: The thread has devolved to Hewitt bashing

Are you serious?

It isn't Hewitt bashing at all. No one has said he's bad. 
Just because some posters don't worship at the alter of the mediocre fullback doesn't make it bashing.

Saying he's okay, not great....is not bashing simply because a few people think he's Daryl Johnston out there on run downs. 
Reply/Quote