Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
Here is where I see Andy landing by next year

Bears Patriots Tampa Chargers Panthers Colts
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 07:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I don't think there's any team out there just chomping a the bit for Dalton. However I can see a team like the Bears wanting a planB if Trubisky falters again. The fan base may get the torches and pitch forks out if he starts out 1-4 or something with no other options.

I disagree.. there are a good amount of teams with issues or concerns at QB and not all are either fixed in the draft or the risk of reaching in this draft of overall thin QB  group  is way a much greater risk than working a nice deal with a solid and proven QB in the NFL that can win now 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 07:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have been saying that this really hurts our chances of getting much in trade for Dalton.

Mariota could also be on the market.

It can be addition from subtraction.. if those teams loss their QBs and don;t replace in a trade or want to risk a draft reach.. Dalton slides in.. ie Patriots, or Carolina or TB
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 09:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: Plus Andy is on the final year of a deal and there is no remaining cap hit. So he can easily do a new deal with a new team that results in a radically lower cap hit.

Plus, if the team lets him go after next year and Dalton becomes a free-agent and signs elsewhere, they will get a decent comp pick.  
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 09:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually working together Bengals and Dalton can be more of an asset than working alone to trade Andy.. talking with Andy getting his feel etc can provide more information and a better communication with other teams.... the name is escaping me but how about a week or so ago when an NBA player was traded... and he went off about the trade.. no knowledge of the trade etc... I think a team would much prefer to know a player is going to be happy coming to their team and maybe more open to reworking a contract.

I agree the Bengals have to do what is best for them.. but communication can help and lets be honest from media and  other teams player perspective the Front Office does not get great raves for caring for their players... this might actually help them in that aspect.

Andre Igoudala?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 09:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Here is where I see Andy landing by next year

Bears Patriots Tampa Chargers Panthers Colts
I dont think dalton fits in BA offense in Tampa.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 10:32 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I dont think dalton fits in BA offense in Tampa.

I think he is a nice fit for Bruce.. he does not want to have to wait on a draft pick.. and Dalton is a better decision maker than Winston... 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 10:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think he is a nice fit for Bruce.. he does not want to have to wait on a draft pick.. and Dalton is a better decision maker than Winston... 
It just seems he likes big armed qbs, while indont think dalton's arm is terrible it isnt of the likes of winston, palmer, rapist, and luck.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 05:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: If they really wanted to help him, they’d trade him before FA. The phrase “when the time is right” tells me the team wants to maximize its return, which might not be until the draft.

If they wanted to maximize return they would have traded him prior to the deadline to a QB needy franchise. The problem now is teams know they want to get rid of Andy, and more FA’s are on the market. The upshot is the best they can get will likely be a 4th round pick. I hope they get better, but it’s gonna be hard when they don’t have as much leverage.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 10:32 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I dont think dalton fits in BA offense in Tampa.

The Colts, Panthers, and Pats make sense. So do the Bears if they can admit that Trubisky is replaceable. The trouble is Rivers also makes sense for several of those teams.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 10:50 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: If they wanted to maximize return they would have traded him prior to the deadline to a QB needy franchise.  The problem now is teams know they want to get rid of Andy, and more FA’s are on the market.  The upshot is the best they can get will likely be a 4th round pick.  I hope they get better, but it’s gonna be hard when they don’t have as much leverage.

Trading for Andy does have an advantage over waiting for the free agent market.  By trading a draft pick or player for Andy, that team is guaranteed a full year of having an experienced franchise QB, for just $18M+/-

Whereas with the free agents, you have to make a competitive offer and hope that he's a good fit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hope they can unload Andy on someone and IDC who.
. Time for a fresh start in Bengal land.. There are alot of better options than Dalton this year, so I worry about someone being willing to trade for him...
Reply/Quote
Figures when some of the best in the league if not ever are FA’s. We should have traded him before the deadline. Not sure if they had any interest in him but that would have been a good time.

If we pass up a great offer to make Andy happy we will never know about it. Probably best.
Reply/Quote
Patriots.

Calling it now
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 10:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trading for Andy does have an advantage over waiting for the free agent market.  By trading a draft pick or player for Andy, that team is guaranteed a full year of having an experienced franchise QB, for just $18M+/-

Whereas with the free agents, you have to make a competitive offer and hope that he's a good fit.

He might go to New England, but I still think NE somehow gets Josh Rosen for peanuts and develops him into something decent.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
I would say we go after Chicago's 3rd round pick.
But they don't have one this year, as part of the trade for Mack.
So maybe we can trade Dalton and a 5th for their 2nd round pick or something like that.

If Chicago isn't interested, I think the value drops to a 4th rounder.

Not that exciting, but better than nothing, which is what we'd get if we cut him.
Reply/Quote
I predict Mike Brown holds out for more than a third-round pick and doesn't get it. We end up keeping him and the Dalton mega-thread returns with a vengeance
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 01:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I would say we go after Chicago's 3rd round pick.
But they don't have one this year, as part of the trade for Mack.
So maybe we can trade Dalton and a 5th for their 2nd round pick or something like that.

If Chicago isn't interested, I think the value drops to a 4th rounder.

Not that exciting, but better than nothing, which is what we'd get if we cut him.

We do find value in the 4th fairly often, so it's not all bad if that happens.

Anything earlier than a 5th round pick is a good deal imo. Multiple picks is basically theft.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 07:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not know about the numbers on Foles.

I had to Google it but I had a feeling they were in deep on the guy. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 11:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I had to Google it but I had a feeling they were in deep on the guy. 

88 mil
Reply/Quote