Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
Anyone who thinks Dalton is worth more than a 5th and is cheap has on blinders... 18 mill for him? Come on be serious...
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 09:54 PM)Tony Wrote: Anyone who thinks Dalton is worth more than a 5th and is cheap has on blinders... 18 mill for him? Come on be serious...

That’s not a lot at all for a starting QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 12:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Am I the only one thinking that if Dalton gets traded before FA starts, AJ Green might look to go to that same team in FA?
They have good chemistry.

I think they're good friends. I think AJ might wanna give a guy a try who can consistently hit him in stride.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For what it's worth he'll at least be with a better coach and perhaps coaching staff.

This group is a trainwreck.

At least they'll have a shiny new QB to try to figure out how to use.

See. what. we. have. in. Finley. With a straight face.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5683012]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 10:01 PM)jason Wrote: I think they're good friends. I think AJ might wanna give a guy a try who can consistently hit him in stride.

Right.

AJ is in business mode right now.

He wants to get paid for his final contract.

I don't doubt that he really likes Dalton but they aren't adjoined at the hip or anything.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 10:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.

AJ is in business mode right now.

He wants to get paid for his final contract.

I don't doubt that he really likes Dalton but they aren't adjoined at the hip or anything.

Yep. And if you go back and look at some of AJ Green's biggest plays, he's making a lot of adjustments to catch a poorly thrown ball. Not all of them, but there are several.

And I know that no QB makes every throw.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 10:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: For what it's worth he'll at least be with a better coach and perhaps coaching staff.

See. what. we. have. in. Finley.  With a straight face.  

I wanted to see Finley and Dolegala play. Gotta see what you got when your not winning.

Reply/Quote
Need I mention some words were left out of this song for bengals fans?

Life's gonna suck when Andy Dalton beats the bengals in the super bowl, super bowl, super bowl...Life's gonna suck when andy beats the bengals in the suuuupeeerrr bowllll... Nervous
Admit it..That is gonna suck.. and it's gonna happen.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 10:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wanted to see Finley and Dolegala play. Gotta see what you got when your not winning.

See that's the problem.

Either you're doing THAT or you're not.

Instead it was a clusterf***.

Just another fine example of last season's stupidity.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 07:44 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: See that's the problem.

Either you're doing THAT or you're not.

Instead it was a clusterf***.

Just another fine example of last season's stupidity.

Yes, I see your point. ZT went back to AD without seeing Dolegala.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 07:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes, I see your point. ZT went back to AD without seeing Dolegala.

Who knows really?

Maybe we can sign Jordan Palmer after drafting Burrow and he can be his backup. LMAO 

At this point I could see Mikey penciling in Taylor on the depth chart!

It saves $ plus Zac needs something more to put on his plate.
Reply/Quote
Wait, I thought Duke/Troy said they're not in the business of making other teams better?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 10:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: For what it's worth he'll at least be with a better coach and perhaps coaching staff.

See. what. we. have. in. Finley.  With a straight face.  

So what did Dalton do BZ(before Zac)? lets look at the his record vs. the Steelers (3-13). That means he loses nearly five games for every one he wins. People want to give excuse after excuse for Dalton's failures. Coaching, o-line, run game (insert your favorite one here). At the same time they berate a first year fourth rounder for not turning into the next Tom Brady with exactly the same personnel. There is a line on how to beat Dalton that will follow him wherever he goes so I don't think the team will miss this perennial choker.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 06:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: With several starting QB jobs "on the bubble" a game of musical chairs QB's may occur this offseason. Will Brady be with Pats for season #102 ? Will Brees retire ? Where does Rivers end up, and what do Chargers do ? What will be Cam Newton's fate ? Do Redskins pull a Cardinals ? and many other questions ?

Dalton may end 89 8up somewhere totally off the radar depending on how this plays out. Having said that my guess would be Bears.

The Bears have almost no draft capital; they gave up this and last year's first rounders to The Raiders for Khalil Mack and there's no way they'll give up next years for Andy.  Not to mention they will ride out Trubisky this season (who they gave up some picks to get) to see if he is their guy.  And their not as stacked as they think.  They need to re-tool their offensive line and get some tight end help.

So yeah Chicagos in the market for a QB but they won't shoot themselves in the foot for it again.  The most I would see them giving up is a second rounder, maybe two.  So unless The Bengals are willing to take anything but a first they won't trade him there?
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 09:54 PM)Tony Wrote: Anyone who thinks Dalton is worth more than a 5th and is cheap has on blinders... 18 mill for him?  Come on be serious...

You may want to check in the mirror for blinders.

There are currently 18 QBs basically being paid $5m+ a year more than Dalton and by the time Prescott, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Winston etc get paid this off season that number will have increased yet further.

Those being paid less than Dalton are either on a rookie deal or career back-ups. If you need a QB the obvious answer is to draft one but how many rookie QBs in this draft are ready to start? Burrow, but he's going to be the Bengals. Tua probably would be but is injured. Maybe Herbert. So you can either write off 2020 or pay a bridge QB. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 09:54 PM)Tony Wrote: Anyone who thinks Dalton is worth more than a 5th and is cheap has on blinders... 18 mill for him? Come on be serious...

... aaaaand we know exactly WHAT you are...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 09:52 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Wait, I thought Duke/Troy said they're not in the business of making other teams better?

If they do trade Dalton this offseason, someone really needs to ask Mike Brown why they made whichever team Dalton is traded to better. It's times like this when I wish we had the NY media. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If they do trade Dalton this offseason, someone really needs to ask Mike Brown why they made whichever team Dalton is traded to better. It's times like this when I wish we had the NY media. 

So while he may be a upgrade to some terrible teams he is worthless as a replacement for Brady or Rivers. Why can't some fans realize he has had nine years to prove himself and has failed. There will be no better time than now to replace him and go forward. Look at it like your job. If you don't get results they will insert the next guy in your place to try to get results. This is like life "What have you done for me lately". Dalton can be thankful that he works for MB or he would have been canned years ago.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 12:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So while he may be a upgrade to some terrible teams he is worthless as a replacement for Brady or Rivers. Why can't some fans realize he has had nine years to prove himself and has failed. There will be no better time than now to replace him and go forward. Look at it like your job. If you don't get results they will insert the next guy in your place to try to get results. This is like life "What have you done for me lately". Dalton can be thankful that he works for MB or he would have been canned years ago.

did Dalton fail or is recent seasons the result of the declining roster talent?

Notice our recent lapse of playoff appearences started when we started using no name no Experience Offensive Coordinators. (and let the OL and WR core fall off)

Zampease
Lazor
Zach Taylor.

None of these guys hold a candle to Gruden or Jackson as an OC from what ive seen.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 09:52 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So what did Dalton do BZ(before Zac)? lets look at the his record vs. the Steelers (3-13). That means he loses nearly five games for every one he wins. People want to give excuse after excuse for Dalton's failures. Coaching, o-line, run game (insert your favorite one here). At the same time they berate a first year fourth rounder for not turning into the next Tom Brady with exactly the same personnel. There is a line on how to beat Dalton that will follow him wherever he goes so I don't think the team will miss this perennial choker.

I'm just gonna say that Taylor was the worst coach in the league next to Kitchens last season.

You gonna argue with that?

I suppose Dalton was coaching the team as well.

Get outta here man.

And yes I'm gonna bust his balls over Finley and Sample.

Two reaches for failure... a swing and a miss!
Reply/Quote