Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(02-14-2020, 12:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Look at it like your job. If you don't get results they will insert the next guy in your place to try to get results.

Only poor management will do this.  Smart people that run businesses will look at ALL possible reasons for drops in production other than just replacing employees.

For example just check out the people here who were posting "No one could be worse than Marvin Lewis" and "Finley couldn't be any worse than Dalton".
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only poor management will do this.  Smart people that run businesses will look at ALL possible reasons for drops in production other than just replacing employees.

For example just check out the people here who were posting "No one could be worse than Marvin Lewis" and "Finley couldn't be any worse than Dalton".

So now MB is a good manager for staying so long with Dalton and Marvin? I guess you want to nominate him for executive of the decade?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 01:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm just gonna say that Taylor was the worst coach in the league next to Kitchens last season.

You gonna argue with that?

I suppose Dalton was coaching the team as well.

Get outta here man.

And yes I'm gonna bust his balls over Finley and Sample.

Two reaches for failure... a swing and a miss!

I guess a gobshite would expect that the 2018 Marvin Lewis team would suddenly turn into the 85 Bears. The previous year they were 2-12 the last 14 games of the season. I am sure some gobshites had the illusion that poof the whole team would suddenly change over the off season but got butt hurt when they didn't and their idol AD got thrown under the bus. Zac will improve the team will improve and all of you" the sky is falling" Dalton Gangers will be eating crow. ENJOY!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 07:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes, I see your point. ZT went back to AD without seeing Dolegala.

I just wonder if we did go with Dolegala (like I was pushing for at the time mind you) if Dalton would have as much trade value.

He won a couple of games once he came back, should of helped his stock a bit.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 12:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So while he may be a upgrade to some terrible teams he is worthless as a replacement for Brady or Rivers. Why can't some fans realize he has had nine years to prove himself and has failed. There will be no better time than now to replace him and go forward. Look at it like your job. If you don't get results they will insert the next guy in your place to try to get results. This is like life "What have you done for me lately". Dalton can be thankful that he works for MB or he would have been canned years ago.

The view in Cincinnati will be somewhat different to the view in the rest of the NFL.

His value has certainly increased, not only as Nate rightly suggests from the late wins, but also from the success Tannehill enjoyed last year. There will be teams believing that they can do with Dalton what Tannehill did when the Titans rescued him from the dysfunctional Dolphins

(02-14-2020, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: did Dalton fail or is recent seasons the result of the declining roster talent?

Notice our recent lapse of playoff appearences started when we started using no name no Experience Offensive Coordinators. (and let the OL and WR core fall off)

Zampease
Lazor
Zach Taylor.

None of these guys hold a candle to Gruden or Jackson as an OC from what ive seen.

More wrong names than no names there.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 01:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm just gonna say that Taylor was the worst coach in the league next to Kitchens last season.

You gonna argue with that?

I suppose Dalton was coaching the team as well.

Get outta here man.

And yes I'm gonna bust his balls over Finley and Sample.

Two reaches for failure... a swing and a miss!

Beyond false:

- Gase (by far)
- Kitchens
- Lynn
- Flores
- Marrone

Were all worse, with only one of those being arguable (Flores).

Gase is arguably the worst coach in NFL history, up there with Shula, Shurmur, Bert Bell (look him up), Spagnuolo, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 03:08 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The view in Cincinnati will be somewhat different to the view in the rest of the NFL.

His value has certainly increased, not only as Nate rightly suggests from the late wins, but also from the success Tannehill enjoyed last year. There will be teams believing that they can do with Dalton what Tannehill did when the Titans rescued him from the dysfunctional Dolphins

More wrong names than no names there.

Yep. The actual football professionals around the league won't have the same opinions or decision process as fans of one team - especially fans that have some sort of psychotic hatred for a particular player. 

Coaches will look at what the situation has been in Cincinnati and also their own scouting to decide if Andy fits their offensive system. If they see a fit especially in a thin QB draft (one excellent prospect, one injured excellent prospect and the rest are forgettable) and a Free Agency where (just as predicted) the big names like Brady and Brees are staying put and the only QBs out there are Rivers, Winston and maybe Bridgewater (he may also resign). 

There will be a trade - albeit it may occur on draft day because the Bengals are not exactly known for proactivity. And I hope Andy lands on a team where (unlike here) they actually have a coherent offensive system and (Gasp!) decent blocking. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just wonder if we did go with Dolegala (like I was pushing for at the time mind you) if Dalton would have as much trade value.

He won a couple of games once he came back, should of helped his stock a bit.

Very good point. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 03:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Beyond false:

- Gase (by far)
- Kitchens
- Lynn
- Flores
- Marrone

Were all worse, with only one of those being arguable (Flores).

Gase is arguably the worst coach in NFL history, up there with Shula, Shurmur, Bert Bell (look him up), Spagnuolo, etc.

OMG

Taylor and his team still bottom feeders.

For all of those pulling for the ol' "we only lost by this much" get real.

There were some major coaching gaffes in those games.

Regardless I don't give 2 shits to anyone or Catmandude about eating crow.

Taylor is terrible so far until he proves otherwise.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 01:38 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Patriots.

Calling it now

Same. Just a gut feeling.

(02-13-2020, 12:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Am I the only one thinking that if Dalton gets traded before FA starts, AJ Green might look to go to that same team in FA?
They have good chemistry.

I think that could be why the Pats are supposedly targeting AJ Green. Belichick was also kissing up to Mike Brown last month.

Could be that they're setting up to trade for Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 09:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same. Just a gut feeling.

I think that could be why the Pats are supposedly targeting AJ Green. Belichick was also kissing up to Mike Brown last month.

Impossible  Sarcasm

Why would the best football mind in history Belichick want Dalton who the board experts label the worst QB in the NFL?? 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 09:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same. Just a gut feeling.

Maybe Billy B attempts to trade for both in a package deal.   Hmm
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 09:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Impossible  Sarcasm

Why would the best football mind in history Belichick want Dalton who the board experts label the worst QB in the NFL?? 

Most of you think it doesn’t matter who is the QB in NE. How many times have people brought up Cassel here? Not sure it’s any kind of proof of Dalton’s quality that they’d rather him start over Jared Stidham.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Most of you think it doesn’t matter who is the QB in NE. How many times have people brought up Cassel here? Not sure it’s any kind of proof of Dalton’s quality that they’d rather him start over Jared Stidham.

No, most of us think New England is well coached and has a consistent offensive philosophy and would be interested to see Andy in that system. Note we still want Burrow and hope the Bengals develop an actual, consistent offensive approach too. Competent blocking would also help. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: No, most of us think New England is well coached and has a consistent offensive philosophy and would be interested to see Andy in that system. Note we still want Burrow and hope the Bengals develop an actual, consistent offensive approach too. Competent blocking would also help. 

What Joelist said. Who knows how Dalton would do in Billy B's system if he had a good O-line.

We need a guy like Joe Burrow though, nothing against Dalton. He has shown what he can here.

Time to move on and help Burrow out. Ole Billy B sure would love to be in our shoes drafting Burrow pretty damn sure.

Dalton in that system could work, you never know...

Our young inexperienced coaches need to design a great system around Burrow, we will see, but he is the first step.

Just have to protect the man and give him some weapons and a running game. The FO needs to take the other step.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:24 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  all of you" the sky is falling" Dalton Gangers will be eating crow. ENJOY!!!!

I don't even know what this gibberish is supposed to mean.

Are you saying that the only people who think we are in trouble are Dalton fans?

Seriously?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:11 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So now MB is a good manager for staying so long with Dalton and Marvin? I guess you want to nominate him for executive of the decade?

No.  I never said anything like that.

Since you seem to struggle with reading comprehension let me help you out.

I think MB is a very poor manager for failing to address multiple problems with this team.  The point I was trying to make is that some of the worst teams are also the ones who keeping changing QBs and coaches without fixing the underlying problems.
Reply/Quote
Heart 
(02-15-2020, 02:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote:   The point I was trying to make is that some of the worst teams are also the ones who keeping changing QBs and coaches without fixing the underlying problems.

We had the same coach for 18yrs and the same QB for nine years  and are the worst team in the league. There is a fine line between action and inaction when it comes to moving on from players when their skill set fades. Your answer is we keep Dalton and others and don't even try to improve because MB is going to totally screw up anyway. Gottcha!!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 08:33 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We had the same coach for 18yrs and the same QB for nine years  and are the worst team in the league. There is a fine line between action and inaction when it comes to moving on from players when their skill set fades. Your answer is we keep Dalton and others and don't even try to improve because MB is going to totally screw up anyway. Gottcha!!

Is that your goal to get people, smash others opinions?

Let's get back to reality and facts. Please show all of the posts backing AD as our starting QB in 2020. You just say things that are factually not true which makes your arguments flat out BS at times. There is those with Trump derangement syndrome and Bengals fans with Dalton derangement syndrome. Why? It is a game and the guy always gave his all and was the best QB ever for giving back to our community. His reward, throw him under the bus.

AD is leaving soon, why not wish him well and show an ounce of class as he leaves. It won't kill you.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 06:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: OMG

Taylor and his team still bottom feeders.

For all of those pulling for the ol' "we only lost by this much" get real.

There were some major coaching gaffes in those games.

Regardless I don't give 2 shits to anyone or Catmandude about eating crow.

Taylor is terrible so far until he proves otherwise.

Again though, I wouldn't say he's outright terrible; he made some in-game mistakes, but he was a rookie coach (Marv made a shit-ton of mistakes up until he left and even then, the majority of them were in his first 4 years).

If he had a stacked team, no injuries and still performed the way the team did, I'd say he's horrible too.

But after last season, the jury's still out, with some terrible tendencies, but he's definitely not, "outright terrible until proven otherwise."

He did some good things that the other guys I mentioned could not; he:

- Kept the lockerroom together and constantly fighting (Kitchens, Gase, Lynn and Marrone couldn't)
- Rotated and tried young guys out, different combinations and tried to see what stuck and what didn't (Gase, Flores, Lynn didn't)
- Changed scheme up and shifted when things were getting stale (NONE of the coaches I mentioned did any of that)
- Cut bait on players that needed to be gotten rid of/receive less playing time (Only the Browns got rid of dead bait and that's less on the coaching, more on Dorsey. The Dolphins got rid of a ton of talent for draft picks that may or may not be a good decision; we'll see 2 years from now).

We know his failings, but to say he was 100% inept/out of depth/bad/terrible/etc., is hyperbole at worst and hating at best.

The other coaches are already on the hot seat and/or gone from their team, due to their seasons last year (aside from Flores); Zac isn't as he deserves at least 1 more year with a healthy team. If he STILL shits the bed with no injuries and a more stacked team, then I'm all for punting him.

The main reason why he definitely deserves another season, is the team improved in many areas down the stretch; run D was better, run O was better, turnovers were fewer, more points scored, more sacks, more picks, etc.

Everyone points to the teams we played being worse, but then you have a Cleveland team stomp the shit out of Bmore; any given Sunday indeed.

After a (hopefully) good draft and a sound (not expecting anything ridiculous) Free Agency, I think Zac will get the guys playing hard and make a believer out of everyone... but we'll see.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote