Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(02-15-2020, 08:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Nobody that's liked or backed Dalton has anything to eat crow about. In fact the fans/team/city should give him a ticker tape parade when he leaves for doing as well as he did, all things considered.

100% with ya. It's definitely time to move on, but we shouldn't kick him on the way out, and "Dalton defenders" have nothing to be ashamed of. The dude accomplished a ton. Just couldn't get the playoff win... but he's far from alone on that, considering our 30 year streak.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 08:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IF Brady does leave, I think Dalton is just the type of guy Billy B would go after. I saw an interesting idea floated the other day on Twitter of Andy to the Pats in exchange for the teams switching picks 23 and 33. Basically, the equivalent of trading him for a mid-3rd round pick, as far as point value.

What about trading both Dalton and a Tagged AJ to the Pats and getting 23 and keeping 33?
Reply/Quote
I just spoke with my brother, who lives in Charlotte, and he said there is quite a bit of buzz circulating that Andy Dalton might be a Panther next year.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 05:42 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I just spoke with my brother, who lives in Charlotte, and he said there is quite a bit of buzz circulating that Andy Dalton might be a Panther next year.

I can not remember a year with so many starting QBs around the league possibly being moved.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 05:42 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I just spoke with my brother, who lives in Charlotte, and he said there is quite a bit of buzz circulating that Andy Dalton might be a Panther next year.

Interesting.  Hmm

(02-18-2020, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can not remember a year with so many starting QBs around the league possibly being moved.

It will be different that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 10:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is that your goal to get people, smash others opinions?

Let's get back to reality and facts. Please show all of the posts backing AD as our starting QB in 2020. You just say things that are factually not true which makes your arguments flat out BS at times. There is those with Trump derangement syndrome and Bengals fans with Dalton derangement syndrome. Why? It is a game and the guy always gave his all and was the best QB ever for giving back to our community. His reward, throw him under the bus.

AD is leaving soon, why not wish him well and show an ounce of class as he leaves. It won't kill you.

Who gives a crap what AD does when he goes.. I'd bet anything he doesn't even start next year wherever that may be.. You guys are nuts that think the Pat's and Bellicheat want Dalton.. Seriously I don't get it. We are Bengal fans. Who gives a shhhhh what Dalton does after Cincy.. He should been out of here after that horrible charger playoff loss. I'VE been waiting since then for him to be gone. Thank God it's finally here!
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What about trading both Dalton and a Tagged AJ to the Pats and getting 23 and keeping 33?

I'd  rather keep a All pro veteran like AJ for Burrow..  They do and this offense looks really good for 2020 IMO.. a revamped oline with Jonah and draft pick / FA .  Ross, Boyd, AJ and Mixon and  Burrow looks like a fit to me..
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 05:26 AM)Tony Wrote: I'd  rather keep a All pro veteran like AJ for Burrow..  They do and this offense looks really good for 2020 IMO.. a revamped oline with Jonah and draft pick / FA .  Ross, Boyd, AJ and Mixon and  Burrow looks like a fit to me..

If they can stay healthy oh yeah, those are some weapons.

I like hearing Burrow throwing balls to Ross already. Getting in the work early, love it.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If they can stay healthy oh yeah, those are some weapons.

I like hearing Burrow throwing balls to Ross already. Getting in the work early, love it.

I heard the same.. I just read yesterday that Burrow and Ross had a session this week.. OMG what a duo that could be if Ross can get back to the player he was turning out to be early last year.. pair that with A healthy AJ , Boyd and a 2nd round pick of Justin Jefferson... The offense could be lethal. Esp if we find a right guard and tackle in the Draft / FA...  I have never been so excited for a potential pick as I am about Burrow... I really think that's what the Bengals have been missing come playoff time.. A real QB..
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 05:13 AM)Tony Wrote: Who gives a crap what AD does when he goes.. I'd bet anything he doesn't even start next year wherever that may be.. You guys are nuts that think the Pat's and Bellicheat want Dalton.. Seriously I don't get it. We are Bengal fans. Who gives a shhhhh what Dalton does after Cincy.. He should been out of here after that horrible charger playoff loss. I'VE been waiting since then for him to be gone. Thank God it's finally here!

Cool

I will bet you $1000 Dalton starts a game in 2020. Put up or Shut up rookie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 06:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Cool

I will bet you $1000 Dalton starts a game in 2020. Put up for Shut up rookie.

He may over injuries. He is not getting signed anywhere to be a starter.. There is just to many other better options out there..
Reply/Quote
Ok, I will take that bet, but he has got to be the starter week 1
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 05:10 AM)Tony Wrote: Ok, I will take that bet, but he has got to be the starter week 1

Nope, a start is a starter. Let's see where he lands, then make a decision.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

I live in the Charlotte suburbs. Is he the dude in the F-150 with a Bengals bumper sticker I see every now and then?  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 11:13 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Nope, a start is a starter. Let's see where he lands, then make a decision.

Yeah a team will trade a top round pick for him because he is so good but you have no confidence he will be the starter? He may or may not start depending who actually takes him but his value for the Bengals with Burrow on the team is not 17mil.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 09:54 PM)Tony Wrote: Anyone who thinks Dalton is worth more than a 5th and is cheap has on blinders... 18 mill for him?  Come on be serious...

18 mil is nothing for a mediocre starting quarterback.  He's under control for a year and allows a team to draft a more raw rookie on day 2 and sit him while he manages the offense for a season.  

Teams with QB needs could do a hell of a lot worse than Andy.  He's capable of looking flat out great when things are going well.  He may have his lapses and bad games, but he always drifts back to average when the sample size plays out.  Plenty of teams would love to have that.
Reply/Quote

I live in NC, and haven't really heard any rumors about the Panthers and Andy Dalton.  Granted, I live near Raleigh and not Charlotte, but we still get a heavy dose of Panthers coverage on sports radio.

Personally, I think the Panthers would be a good landing spot for Andy.  Carolina has some good weapons on offense, though they could use a little bit on OL and, now need to replace Luke Kuechly on defense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've said this several times in several threads and people seem to either ignore it, bury their heads, or somehow cannot grasp how easy this is.

$17.5m for Andy Dalton is a steal. It doesn't ruin the cap like a lot of free agent QBs are going to. Mahomes is about to reset the market with a deal in the $40m per year average. That's been reported on by many reputable people talking to Chiefs executives. Watson is going to get $30m+ per year, Dak turned down $33m per year, the Patriots and Raiders have said they will pay Brady $30m per year. Reports are saying Tannehill is looking at $24-25m or more a year and if he gets tagged that'll be around $26-27m. Winston is going to get $20m+, Rivers $20m+, trade for Newton is $20m+ for a year. Mariota is the only QB that may get less because he will probably be signed as a back up.

Regardless of where you think Andy falls among the QBs I listed, what's more economical and cap friendly? Paying anyone named Tannehill or above at least $25m a year or saving that $7-8m at least and adding a draft pick? You're not losing a first or second round pick. Maybe a 3rd at best. So even by that, a 3rd round pick and cap space seems to be a better deal than keeping the pick and paying potentially near double in cap space.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 05:21 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I've said this several times in several threads and people seem to either ignore it, bury their heads, or somehow cannot grasp how easy this is.

$17.5m for Andy Dalton is a steal. It doesn't ruin the cap like a lot of free agent QBs are going to. Mahomes is about to reset the market with a deal in the $40m per year average. That's been reported on by many reputable people talking to Chiefs executives. Watson is going to get $30m+ per year, Dak turned down $33m per year, the Patriots and Raiders have said they will pay Brady $30m per year. Reports are saying Tannehill is looking at $24-25m or more a year and if he gets tagged that'll be around $26-27m. Winston is going to get $20m+, Rivers $20m+, trade for Newton is $20m+ for a year. Mariota is the only QB that may get less because he will probably be signed as a back up.

Regardless of where you think Andy falls among the QBs I listed, what's more economical and cap friendly? Paying anyone named Tannehill or above at least $25m a year or saving that $7-8m at least and adding a draft pick? You're not losing a first or second round pick. Maybe a 3rd at best. So even by that, a 3rd round pick and cap space seems to be a better deal than keeping the pick and paying potentially near double in cap space.

On top of that, if you trade for Andy, you get a year at that price with no negotiation for a long-term commitment.  The guys on the market, even the old ones like Rivers and Brady, are going to want much larger deals for at least 2 or 3 years, guaranteed.  Younger guys will want even more.  

Andy allows a known commodity for a good price with minimal commitment.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 11:40 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I live in the Charlotte suburbs. Is he the dude in the F-150 with a Bengals bumper sticker I see every now and then?  Tongue

Not him! He lives on Lake Wylie, drives a Land Cruiser and is a Browns fan.
Reply/Quote