Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Burkhead to be used 50/50 at RB/WR
(06-04-2015, 08:02 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: I suppose maybe he has the better skill set as a WR, but Gio has far superior vision, which he proved his rookie year and last year, but Hill is just a monster. 

Well, based on last year Gio's vision is about on par with Mr Magoo's. 
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 07:32 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: Ummmm but isn't Gio more of a Brian Westrbrook than Rex?

I'm all for doing this type of thing, but I just figured Gio would fit the role better as the shiftier speedier back.

Totally agree with this. Nothing wrong with seeing everyone's full skill set in camp, but getting Gio more touches should be much more of a priority, imo. 

And I appreciate Burkhead's valiant effort being forced into playing receiver during the playoff game as much as anyone, but I'd rather it be a safety net than a consistent plan.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 11:55 PM)franchise18 Wrote: Totally agree with this. Nothing wrong with seeing everyone's full skill set in camp, but getting Gio more touches should be much more of a priority, imo. 

And I appreciate Burkhead's valiant effort being forced into playing receiver during the playoff game as much as anyone, but I'd rather it be a safety net than a consistent plan.

I would imagine it would only be a couple plays a game, just to shake things up.  There's only one ball and what appears to be a bunch of play makers.  I envision it as more just another trick in the bag.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 08:02 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: I suppose maybe he has the better skill set as a WR, but Gio has far superior vision, which he proved his rookie year and last year, but Hill is just a monster. 

Gio is by far the better scat back that is for sure but Gio's vision last year did not impress me.

I don't know what was up with Gio last year. He gained some weight and he just did not seem
the same guy out there. He got caught in the backfield a lot and i saw him miss a lot of holes.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gio is by far the better scat back that is for sure but Gio's vision last year did not impress me.

I don't know what was up with Gio last year. He gained some weight and he just did not seem
the same guy out there. He got caught in the backfield a lot and i saw him miss a lot of holes.

A lot of it was him out running the blocks.
Gotta learn to slow it down, let the blocks get put in place then go.

Saw a really interesting discussion related to this on Twitter today. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: A lot of it was him out running the blocks.
Gotta learn to slow it down, let the blocks get put in place then go.

Saw a really interesting discussion related to this on Twitter today. 

Yah, needs more patience.

Watch Jeremy Gio...
Reply/Quote
Hobs is saying Rex might be the most impressive player in ota's. Apparently the coaches are impressed he's morphed his body into a more fluid athletic type.

We're gonna have some fierce competition for roster spots, playing time, and formations between RB, WR, and TE. Hue is gonna have an arsenal. We better put some points up this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will have a lot of plays that are designed to take advantage of Bernard's skills. That means we need a back up with a similar skill set to step in if Bernard gets injured. They are just grooming Burkehead to be this guys. i still don't see him getting a lot of snaps unless Bernard gets injured.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 12:09 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Hobs is saying Rex might be the most impressive player in ota's.   Apparently the coaches are impressed he's morphed his body into a more fluid athletic type.  

We're gonna have some fierce competition for roster spots, playing time, and formations between RB, WR, and TE.  Hue is gonna have an arsenal.  We better put some points up this year.

Sounds good.

(06-06-2015, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We will have a lot of plays that are designed to take advantage of Bernard's skills.  That means we need a back up with a similar skill set to step in if Bernard gets injured.  They are just grooming Burkehead to be this guys.  i still don't see him getting a lot of snaps unless Bernard gets injured.

Don't forget the Slot for Rex if Mo Sanu gets injured or disappears.

But there is also Moore so you may be correct and Rex will only be used if Gio gets hurt.

Either way, great to have the insurance.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 12:09 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Hobs is saying Rex might be the most impressive player in ota's.   Apparently the coaches are impressed he's morphed his body into a more fluid athletic type.  

We're gonna have some fierce competition for roster spots, playing time, and formations between RB, WR, and TE.  Hue is gonna have an arsenal.  We better put some points up this year.

Seems like the top of the roster will be better and the bottom of the roster could be much better.  There will absolutely  be firece competition for roster spots amd maybe for some starter spots too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 02:09 PM)McC Wrote: Seems like the top of the roster will be better and the bottom of the roster could be much better.  There will absolutely  be firece competition for roster spots amd maybe for some starter spots too.

There will be a lot of uncomfortable cut days coming up at PBS.
Some good players will be shown the door. 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: There will be a lot of uncomfortable cut days coming up at PBS.
Some good players will be shown the door.

Because we'll be keeping the bad ones probably.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:09 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Because we'll be keeping the bad ones probably.

Ninja

Well....it's possible 
Reply/Quote