Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Close to trade with Dodgers on Chapman
http://m.reds.mlb.com/news/article/158962518/reds-dodgers-talking-about-aroldis-chapman

After looking at the Dodgers top minor league prospects, I'm not too excited about what they have to offer. They don't have much in major league ready top prospects outside of Corey Seager and I doubt they are offering him. The only player I think would make this a great deal would be Joc Pederson and he might be as untouchable as Seager.
Reply/Quote
Joc had a Frazier-like 2nd half after the home run derby. Maybe they're down on him, but I doubt LA is dumb enough to give up on him that fast. I'd be ecstatic to get a player of his caliber in return for Chapman, though.

I wouldn't count out Puig either, but I don't necessarily want him. He's a head case and seems to cause trouble in the clubhouse. I heard a rumor that Kershaw told the front office that he'd like to see Puig run out of town. Maybe BS, but interesting BS.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 01:19 AM)samhain Wrote: Joc had a Frazier-like 2nd half after the home run derby.  Maybe they're down on him, but I doubt LA is dumb enough to give up on him that fast.  I'd be ecstatic to get a player of his caliber in return for Chapman, though.  

I wouldn't count out Puig either, but I don't necessarily want him.  He's a head case and seems to cause trouble in the clubhouse.  I heard a rumor that Kershaw told the front office that he'd like to see Puig run out of town.  Maybe BS, but interesting BS.

Puig has a ton of talent and might be able to concentrate better in a smaller city than LA, but I doubt the Reds are looking at taking on his salary. Unless the Dodgers were willing to pick up a huge chunk of it, I don't think he fits the goal of getting cheap major league ready prospects.
Reply/Quote
Hate to see him go. Unless Joc or Seager are involved, gtfo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No way we get Peterson for a closer.

Puig is a headcase and Kershaw was not the only Dodger that wants him gone, but we won't take his salary
Reply/Quote
Pretty much done deal .... 2 nobodies....Official rebuild mode....sigh.....
Reply/Quote
Totally forgot he's a FA after '16. Looks like we didn't want to pay him wants that comes around.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 01:07 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Pretty much done deal .... 2 nobodies....Official rebuild mode....sigh.....

Lol.
How are they 2 nobodies if the name hasn't been released yet?

Ignoring that the Dodgers have one of the best farm systems in baseball. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 03:00 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lol.
How are they 2 nobodies if the name hasn't been released yet?

Ignoring that the Dodgers have one of the best farm systems in baseball. 

I am betting that we got a couple of decent prospects, but they are not well known because they have not reached AAA yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am betting that we got a couple of decent prospects, but they are not well known because they have not reached AAA yet.

Jose Peraza is a name being floated around a lot....he's the #24 prospect in baseball and #2 second base prospect. 
He's well known to people who follow baseball enough.

Unless it's a top 10 prospect, most people have probably never heard of these guys from other teams. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 04:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Jose Peraza is a name being floated around a lot....he's the #24 prospect in baseball and #2 second base prospect. 
He's well known to people who follow baseball enough.

Unless it's a top 10 prospect, most people have probably never heard of these guys from other teams. 

People may not love the return, but the fact is that Peraza would automatically become the number 1 prospect in the Reds organization.  That's how behind they are on position talent.

Also, hearing that an outfielder named Alex Verdugo may be another player coming to the Reds.  He's LA's number 7 prospect.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 04:38 PM)samhain Wrote: People may not love the return, but the fact is that Peraza would automatically become the number 1 prospect in the Reds organization.  That's how behind they are on position talent.

Also, hearing that an outfielder named Alex Verdugo may be another player coming to the Reds.  He's LA's number 7 prospect.

He'd be a top 10 probably for us as well.

We need prospects who can swing the bat. I wouldn't be shocked if we moved a few minor league arms this winter too. Swap them for some bats we lack. 
Reply/Quote
Mark Sheldon covers the Reds and says....

...Sources saying no deal done yet for #reds and #dodgers on Chapman. I'm hearing multiple teams could be involved...

Maybe some teams are trying to jump in late.
Reply/Quote
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14317320/aroldis-chapman-fired-gun-accused-choking-girlfriend-domestic-violence-incident

Looks like, at the very least, the deal is on hold, if not dead.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So basically Walt tried to dump Aroldis before this stuff got out into the public and failed miserably making the franchise look like ass clowns in the process.

Thanks Walt
Reply/Quote
Ridiculous. Bang Head Not much the Reds can do now but wait.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 04:03 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Ridiculous.   Bang Head Not much the Reds can do now but wait.

Maybe Chappy didn't want to be a Dodger.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Before Opening Day, all the experts and media said the Reds stunk and would finish in last and would end up trading Cueto and Chapman. I hoped they were wrong and on Opening Day Pete Rose said he hoped they were wrong.....They were right.....I heard Price raving about how great Cozart is this week in December.....If the experts and media leave Spring Training and predict last place again, this time I will believe them. It looks like the Good Ship Reds is being brought into dry dock for years of rebuilding They also dumped Latos and didn't they unload Leake. ...As it is now, no bullpen and weak starting pitching. THe team doesn't score many runs. Phillips at an age he is not the future. Bruce is MR Slump. Most often, he is in a slump. ....Now if the experts say they can compete I will buy into it, but I look for the experts to predict more last place for awhile. ...GO BENGALS.....To the Reds fans who dared to boo Dalton, The Reds should wish they had a baseball player as good as Dalton is with the Bengals. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the Yankees want him
Reply/Quote