Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Marvin faced a near mutiny
The players care. They want to win. That's a good sign.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: But Mike Brown isn't going to fire Marvin, no way no how.

Mike Brown could be innovative and do something no owner has ever done in the NFL. He can DEMOTE his HC to something else and PROMOTE someone else to HC. They do it all the time with QBs.. why not with coaches.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear the players are not happy just collecting a check and actually care about winning.

Really do not want Marvin replaced now because scared we will get Alexander as HC.

Would rather wait until seasons end unless a Jimmy Johnson or Jon Gruden type volunteered to take over.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Good. If 2017 is the sacrificial lamb to finally rid Lewis, have at it. I feel like a horrible season and mutiny is the only way Brown will make a change.

The bad news is Mike Brown is so lazy, he will hire within resulting in very little change.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 12:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Glad to hear the players are not happy just collecting a check and actually care about winning.

Really do not want Marvin replaced now because scared we will get Alexander as HC.

Would rather wait until seasons end unless a Jimmy Johnson or Jon Gruden type volunteered to take over.

Wouldn't that at least mean someone else would be coaching the OL? Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Can't imagine Piano Man doing much worse than Marvin right now. 

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 01:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wouldn't that at least mean someone else would be coaching the OL? Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Can't imagine Piano Man doing much worse than Marvin right now. 

Great point !  But still feel Marvin being saddled with Alexander is a big part of the problem. 

We need a new coach with enough power that he can hire whoever he wants on staff. 

Pipe dream though and we let some potentially good coaches walk out the door the last several years. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 01:37 AM)GodFather Wrote: Good. If 2017 is the sacrificial lamb to finally rid Lewis, have at it. I feel like a horrible season and mutiny is the only way Brown will make a change.

The bad news is Mike Brown is so lazy, he will hire within resulting in very little change.

Agree 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This isn't the first mutiny Marvin Lewis has faced. Remember halftime during the 2005 playoff game? That locker room came apart. This caused me to sit up in bed -- it's 0320 right now -- and wonder how many other mutinies there have been since 2003 of which we weren't aware. I love Marvin's father figure status among many players and I admire(d) his drafting ability but he has to go, sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
Another thing I wonder... Would Marvin have fired Zampese if the players hadn't spoke out? Was he seriously going to keep this putz on the staff for another week? Did he honestly believe coaching wasn't an issue? It doesn't sound like it. And I doubt Zampese was the only change the players wanted

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder how he ever got a head coaching job. It takes a near mutiny from players to get any changes? How does shit like this happen on a professional sports team?

Getting rid if Zampese was step one but we absolutely have to part ways with Marvin very soon. It's likely he's here until the end of this season and I'm sure the players realize that, but if (God forbid) Marv is extended again... Look for more players to pull a Carson Palmer, Corey Dillon, Dan Wilkinson, Carl Pickens... Am I forgetting anyone?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 10:49 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Another thing I wonder... Would Marvin have fired Zampese if the players hadn't spoke out? Was he seriously going to keep this putz on the staff for another week? Did he honestly believe coaching wasn't an issue? It doesn't sound like it. And I doubt Zampese was the only change the players wanted

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder how he ever got a head coaching job. It takes a near mutiny from players to get any changes? How does shit like this happen on a professional sports team?

Getting rid if Zampese was step one but we absolutely have to part ways with Marvin very soon. It's likely he's here until the end of this sees so and I'm sure the players realize that, but if (God forbid) Marv is extended again... Look for more players to pull a Carson Palmer, Corey Dillon, Dan Wilkinson, Carl Pickens... Am I forgetting anyone?

Chad.  TKO.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 01:37 AM)GodFather Wrote: Good. If 2017 is the sacrificial lamb to finally rid Lewis, have at it. I feel like a horrible season and mutiny is the only way Brown will make a change.

Won't Brown have to follow the "Rooney Rule" and interview minority candidates for HC? There are a few internal coaches that would satisfy that requirement. Not sure if they're ready to jump to HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 12:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would rather wait until seasons end unless a Jimmy Johnson or Jon Gruden type volunteered to take over.

Don't toy with my emotions like that.   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 10:51 AM)McC Wrote: Chad.  TKO.

Did Chad actually get a few licks in on Marv? I know according to one former player he did (Shaun something). If he did land a few, I couldn't tell. Marv looked as normal as ever on the sidelines and at the post game press conference. I doubt any punches were thrown, and if they were Chad doesn't throw a mean one. Huh... Maybe that's why he took up boxing...

Anyway, I hope this near mutiny doesn't evolve into another player going after Marv. We have enough negativity going around as it is. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 10:49 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Another thing I wonder... Would Marvin have fired Zampese if the players hadn't spoke out? Was he seriously going to keep this putz on the staff for another week? Did he honestly believe coaching wasn't an issue? It doesn't sound like it. And I doubt Zampese was the only change the players wanted

Think about it this way: he kept Zampese after last year AND he did nothing to address the offensive line during the offseason. 

I think those 2 alone should answer your questions.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 11:49 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Did Chad actually get a few licks in on Marv? I know according to one former player he did (Shaun something). If he did land a few, I couldn't tell. Marv looked as normal as ever on the sidelines and at the post game press conference. I doubt any punches were thrown, and if they were Chad doesn't throw a mean one. Huh... Maybe that's why he took up boxing...

Anyway, I hope this near mutiny doesn't evolve into another player going after Marv. We have enough negativity going around as it is. 
I remember that supposedly, Chad had somebody in a headlock.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:00 PM)jason Wrote: In fairness though, what were they gonna do? Hire a guy outside in the middle of the season? You can't do that. This is what we all wanted, and about the only solution. I guess they could have bumped Urban up instead. At any rate... Zampese is gone. Hallelujah.

Uh huh... Zampese clearly failed as OC. OTHER flaws exist but....you  aim first at the obvious.  Once into a season.. it's too late to do much of a big makeover.  I'm no expert on technical details but saw DECADES of "what works" and "what sucks", so?

Fixing this is like eating an Artichoke.. you peel away layers to find the  tasty part.   Nervous
I Doubt we solved a lot of stuff but.. we're now MORE able to see what else needs doing. 
Reply/Quote
Hue's the one Chad Johnson supposedly swung on/got into a headlock, but other than Shaun Smith's version there isn't anyone saying it actually happened.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/7/3/8889339/hue-jackson-explains-the-halftime-fight-in-2005
Reply/Quote