Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Some feel Hue Jackson could end up with Bengals
Report: Some feel Hue Jackson could end up with Bengals
A subplot emerged in the failed trade attempt.

Josh Edwards - 4 hours ago

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Hue-Jackson-could-end-up-with-Cincinnati-Bengals-if-fired-from-Cleveland-Browns-110233009

While engaged in trade discussions with the Cincinnati Bengals, some within the Cleveland Browns organization considered that head coach Hue Jackson could end up back in Cincinnati according to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora.

The Bengals were trying to pull second and third round picks from Cleveland. A similar situation occurred when Jackson was the head coach of the Oakland Raiders. He acquired quarterback Carson Palmer from the Bengals in exchange for two first-round picks then he left for Cincinnati.

Jackson has a long-standing relationship with Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. A reunion in Cincinnati would not be surprising if Cleveland did ultimately part ways with the coach. The conflicting scenario is that Lewis, himself, might be on the hot seat. Over the past two seasons, his team has gone 9-14-1. In 15 seasons, Lewis has not led the Bengals to a post-season victory.

Lewis and Jackson coached together with the Washington Redskins in 2002. Jackson then joined Lewis' Bengals for four seasons from 2012-2015.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I don't want him. He's another dagger that will keep Bungledom alive. We need a cleansing!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 10:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't want him. He's another dagger that will keep Bungledom alive. We need a cleansing!

Yes. He’s got Bengals and browns stink all over him
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:21 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yes. He’s got Bengals and browns stink all over him

And that is a helluva lotta stink.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:21 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yes. He’s got Bengals and browns stink all over him

He's also tainted by the other dysfunctional NFL franchise... The Raiders.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hue gave it a shot, but he was destined for failure in one of the most cursed franchises in history. Hue needs to go back to college and forget about the NFL for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 08:25 PM)nickndfl Wrote: Hue gave it a shot, but he was destined for failure in one of the most cursed franchises in history. Hue needs to go back to college and forget about the NFL for awhile.

Not entirely true. Although he is a very successful assistant coach, he has not been successful at the HC level. Don't forget he was fired as HC of the Raiders after only 2yrs. Combine that and his Browns tenure, this is exactly why I don't want him back here as a HC. It would be the perfect recipe for more of the same. It would be equal to giving ML an extension, if not worse.

Reply/Quote
Wait, so LaCanfora believes that the Browns flinched on the deal, because they feared it was another Oakland/Palmer deal?

Hilarious! And we thought we had some conspiracy theory crackpots in Bengaldom...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No. Just no. We need an entirely new staff. No retreads.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:15 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not entirely true. Although he is a very successful assistant coach, he has not been successful at the HC level. Don't forget he was fired as HC of the Raiders after only 2yrs. Combine that and his Browns tenure, this is exactly why I don't want him back here as a HC. It would be the perfect recipe for more of the same. It would be equal to giving ML an extension, if not worse.

But you have to look at why.

Year one he was doing a great job only to lose his QB midseason.  He pulled off a mammoth trade for a QB who hadn't played all season and didn't know the offense, so they clearly came up short.  The QB's deal was re-worked, but it still exacerbated the salary cap hell the team was in due to it's late owner.  As such, veterans who were core parts of the good first half of the first season were allowed to walk, and others had to be purged.  Meanwhile, the draft picks that were needed to stock the holes left by those departures, and fix the remaining holes, were gone courtesy of the QB trade.

I don't consider the Oakland situation as much a failure of Hue as the culmination of what Al had done to wreck the franchise.  Mark Davis HAD to get a GM and let him blow up the whole thing to get out of the salary situation.  If you are a brand new GM and have to blow up the whole team in order to get the salary cap in line, wouldn't you also go out and get a new HC who wants to run the type of scheme you believe in as well?
Reply/Quote
No!!!!!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 10:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't want him. He's another dagger that will keep Bungledom alive. We need a cleansing!

Not even any of that, but it's more that he'd just sort of be a lame duck coach with no fire and nothing innovative to get us over the hump.  He seems more like a "go with the flow" coach who wouldn't do anything to bring a winning attitude to Cinci.
Reply/Quote
I want nothing to do with any Bengals coach currently on staff coming back. Or any prior Bengals coach coming back with the lone exception of Mike Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
Huge Mistake Jackson isn't going anywhere.

He has become the beneficiary of coaches fired before him in that the Browns are sticking with the plan rather than fire yet another coach.
Reply/Quote