Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-05-2023, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I always say RB, but the point remains the same. Dude’s legs look like straight up tree trunks. You could say Jefferson would have the same chemistry with Burrow, and you’d be right to a degree, but we saw which guy put up the bigger numbers on that historic 2019 team.

True. I've also seen Jefferson's antics on the sideline a couple times when s___t hits the fan towards the end of the year. I don't see those same antics  from Chase when our other #1 WR has a big game or things aren't going right.
Reply/Quote
So what does a deal look like for Higgins?

I have 3 deals that might look tempting or not.

Bengals trade Higgins and the 28th pick to Chicago for the #1 Pick.

Bengals trade Higgins to GB for the 15th pick and LT Zach Tom.

Bengals trade Higgins to the Colts for the 36th overall, 107th, 141st, 3rd RD 2024, and WR Alec Pierce.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:35 PM)J24 Wrote: So what does a deal look like for Higgins?

Bengals trade Higgins to the Colts for the 36th overall, 107th, 141st, 3rd RD 2024, and WR Alec Pierce.

I wouldn't give up the 28th pick in any deal. If I'm trading Tee, I want the other teams first round pick and the Bengals to hold onto theirs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wouldn't give up the 28th pick in any deal. If I'm trading Tee, I want the other teams first round pick and the Bengals to hold onto theirs.

Even for the first pick of the draft? Think about the loot we are going to get from trading the #1 pick?
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 11:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well unless we grab one in FA we will need another WR

I want them to resign Tee. He's great football player. 
I don't like to see the team pass on giving players second contracts when we obviously hit the pick out of the park.

But can we afford to keep both Chase and Higgens, and will it weaken our oline/dline as a result?
I don't know the answer to this question, and I don't think you can go wrong by retaining an elite player in his prime.

That said, do I think we would be a better team without Tee and with a player like TJ Watt or one of the Bosas? 
Without a doubt.
I simply value that position more. It could put our defense over the top (it's already really good). 
It could also solidify our oline to get an elite tackle prospect if one is there too.

The teams that usually win it all have great olines/dlines. 

This is why I said I would accept the number 2 overall pick for Tee straight up. 
I think a top 5 pick could elevate the team more. 
But Higgens could definitely prove to be as valuable as a Bosa-type player. I'm that high on him as a wideout.

In conclusion, this is a great problem to have.
Hope to see good things this offseason from management.
Reply/Quote

No way I accept those offers if I'm the Bengals. 

Has to be Tee for Top 5 pick straight up for me to entertain.
Reply/Quote
The more I think about it, the more I believe there's no way they should trade him before his rookie deal is up.

The reason we're all debating this is because he's going to cost too much to keep along with Burrow and Chase. A lot of us, myself included feel like he's a number 1 receiver.

If this is all true, then by not dealing him, the Bengals get another year (2023) of a number 1 receiver at something like 4 mil. That's a steal that they are going to be hard pressed to replicate. It's fleeting, but the team will face rebuild scenarios in the Burrow era regardless.

Keep him, have a 20 mil receiver for 1 more year at 4 mil, then either negotiate or let him go. He's a known commodity and a damn valuable one.

Even with significant draft pick compensation, there's no guarantee that the trade works out in the team's favor down the road. Barring injury, we already know that Higgins is going to produce for at least another year here. Keep him and chase another title next year.

If offers were insane enough, you might have to consider them, but a team would really need to take a loss to get him if it were me negotiating for the Bengals. I don't see it coming to that.
Reply/Quote
Bruh…..why would you trade a WR1 who’s only gonna make like 4M next year?

That’s just stupid.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:50 PM)J24 Wrote: Even for the first pick of the draft? Think about the loot we are going to get from trading the #1 pick?

So you'd trade for the 1st pick...then trade the 1st pick?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 08:00 PM)Housh Wrote: Bruh…..why would you trade a WR1 who’s only gonna make like 4M next year?

That’s just stupid.

You trade him because you only have 1 year of him then he walks and you get nothing.   Is having Tee for one season worth losing a first round draft pick?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 08:24 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: You trade him because you only have 1 year of him then he walks and you get nothing.   Is having Tee for one season worth losing a first round draft pick?

Yes

I mean, factor in we are a back to back AFC championship team. If you talking about two 1sts then I’d be for trading him and even then if thinks bout it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 08:24 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: You trade him because you only have 1 year of him then he walks and you get nothing.   Is having Tee for one season worth losing a first round draft pick?

It is if we win the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 09:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It is if we win the Super Bowl.

That could happen either way

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 07:02 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I want them to resign Tee. He's great football player. 
I don't like to see the team pass on giving players second contracts when we obviously hit the pick out of the park.

But can we afford to keep both Chase and Higgens, and will it weaken our oline/dline as a result?
I don't know the answer to this question, and I don't think you can go wrong by retaining an elite player in his prime.

That said, do I think we would be a better team without Tee and with a player like TJ Watt or one of the Bosas? 
Without a doubt.
I simply value that position more. It could put our defense over the top (it's already really good). 
It could also solidify our oline to get an elite tackle prospect if one is there too.

The teams that usually win it all have great olines/dlines. 

This is why I said I would accept the number 2 overall pick for Tee straight up. 
I think a top 5 pick could elevate the team more. 
But Higgens could definitely prove to be as valuable as a Bosa-type player. I'm that high on him as a wideout.

In conclusion, this is a great problem to have.
Hope to see good things this offseason from management.

How does adding a good pass rushing DE and losing Tee make us better?

You are removing an excellent player with no backup for a player that already has 2 solid players at those spots.  Who you sitting on the bench while collecting a ton of cash, Hubbard or Trey?

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 07:05 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: No way I accept those offers if I'm the Bengals. 

Has to be Tee for Top 5 pick straight up for me to entertain.

This goes against any and all trade/draft logic.  

Reply/Quote

Probably a mid-ish 1st rounder and 3rd rounder.

Titans 11th overall & 73rd overall.
Patriots 14th overall & 77th overall.
Packers 15th overall & 79th overall. (Only if Rodgers stays.)
Jaguars 25th overall & 57th overall (Their 1st and 2nd, maybe like a 5th rounder back to them.)

Those are the most likely in my opinion, if he gets traded. I doubt it will be any players involved in the trade other than Higgins as trades with players going both ways doesn't seem very common in the NFL with a possible exception of when teams trade two roster bubble guys for each other before cutdowns.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 09:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Probably a mid-ish 1st rounder and 3rd rounder.

Titans 11th overall & 73rd overall.
Patriots 14th overall & 77th overall.
Packers 15th overall & 79th overall. (Only if Rodgers stays.)
Jaguars 25th overall & 57th overall (Their 1st and 2nd, maybe like a 5th rounder back to them.)

Those are the most likely in my opinion, if he gets traded. I doubt it will be any players involved in the trade other than Higgins as trades with players going both ways doesn't seem very common in the NFL with a possible exception of when teams trade two roster bubble guys for each other before cutdowns.

Higgins back with Lawrence and the addition of Calvin Ridley next year would make the Jags offense pretty damn scary.

Have to imagine the Bengals would prefer to trade to the NFC if they are going to make a deal at all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 09:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: That could happen either way

Well yeah, but Tee improves your chances more than a rookie draft pick.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well yeah, but Tee improves your chances more than a rookie draft pick.

For one year possibly 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 08:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you'd trade for the 1st pick...then trade the 1st pick?

Yes! Why would anyone have a problem with that?
J24

Reply/Quote