Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report - Zac Taylor has already been in contact with the Burrow family.
"Zac Taylor has reached out to the Burrow family,” Jim Nagy, director of the senior bowl, said. “And there are some really cool Nebraska ties there...Joe’s two older brothers were (Nebraska) Cornhuskers ands obviously Zac Taylor played quarterback there...so there’s a lot of crossover there in terms of people they know and things of that nature.”

It makes sense, even if Burrow doesn't play in the game, you have to believe Zac wants to spend as much time as possible with our potential first pick.

The Nebraska connection is also something I've yet to see brought up yet.

Taylor was quarterback at Nebraska, his dad coached at Nebraska, and Nebraska was where Joe Burrow wanted to play quarterback, but never received a offer from them.

It's believed if Joe Burrow accepts the invite it'll be after the championship game has been played

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/10/zac-taylor-reached-out-joe-burrow-family-senior-bowl/amp/
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If they contact Burrow, they better contact Brady from LSU as well. If you are dead set on drafting him better bring the guy that made him a 1st rounder from a 4th round prospect.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 02:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If they contact Burrow, they better contact Brady from LSU as well. If you are dead set on drafting him better bring the guy that made him a 1st rounder from a 4th round prospect.

Yeah, Tua, Lawrence, and the rest of the top QB’s don’t have great coaching at all...

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 03:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Tua, Lawrence, and the rest of the top QB’s don’t have great coaching at all...

If you're a real QB you've refused all coaching after the 6th grade. Just show up on game day right before kickoff. You didn't know ?  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 02:33 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Taylor was quarterback at Nebraska, his dad coached at Nebraska, and Nebraska was where Joe Burrow wanted to play quarterback, but never received a offer from them.

I followed Joe's recruiting very closely and this is 100% false. A quick google search of his recruiting profile on Rivals will back me up.

However nice find on the Nebraska connection to the family. Hopefully Taylor can leverage it into a few additional data points that others don't have. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 04:08 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I followed Joe's recruiting very closely and this is 100% false. A quick google search of his recruiting profile on Rivals will back me up.

However nice find on the Nebraska connection to the family. Hopefully Taylor can leverage it into a few additional data points that others don't have. 

"I had one offer after my junior year of high school and it was my dad's (Ohio) team. I wanted to go to Nebraska, they told me I wasn't good enough. And Ohio State was really my only big-time offer."

He did have a visit/talk with them, but they never made a single offer for him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Joe-Burrow-quarterback-LSU-Tigers-football-Nebraska-Huskers-transfer-Heisman-Trophy-favorite-140188110/Amp/
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 04:08 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I followed Joe's recruiting very closely and this is 100% false. A quick google search of his recruiting profile on Rivals will back me up.

His recruiting profile doesn’t back you up. He never received an offer from Nebraska. It does look like he was in contact with them in some fashion, though.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Joe-Burrow-38669/RecruitInterests/
Reply/Quote
According to this Joe was both offered and recruited by Nebraska

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/joe-burrow-8242
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to this Joe was both offered and recruited by Nebraska

It looks like 247 and Rivals have differing information. I wonder why. I also wonder why Joe says he wasn’t recruited by them (unless he considers Nebraska a non-big time offer).
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to this Joe was both offered and recruited by Nebraska

It is true that for some reason Rivals has it listed that Nebraska offered Joe Burrow, despite the fact that both Joe Burrow and Nebraska deny they ever did.

I have no idea why.

Here's a local Nebraska newspaper that says not only did Nebraska not want him out of high school, they didn't even want him when he transferred.

Despite the fact that Joe Burrow would have went to them both times.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-joe-burrow-conversation-is-a-headache-scott/article_a5250985-01ac-51c4-8312-c8d7889e4f14.amp.html

Here he is in an interview even talking about it. To my knowledge most top colleges didn't even think Burrow warranted a spot on there roster, let alone a full scholarship.

https://youtu.be/PmxqT_QbXvc
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 03:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Tua, Lawrence, and the rest of the top QB’s don’t have great coaching at all...

Hmmm... You mean the guys who have had the same coaches for years and the same production across those years and have been 1st round locks prior to this season?

Cause I was talking about the 50% pass completing guy who got a brand new coach to work with and now is the flavor of the year.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hmmm... You mean the guys who have had the same coaches for years and the same production across those years and have been 1st round locks prior to this season?

Cause I was talking about the 50% pass completing guy who got a brand new coach to work with and now is the flavor of the year.

You mean an offensive system that used 12 personnel but actually ran 6 offensive linemen and alot of times a fullback to a modern offensive shotgun spread RPO?

Did you know over 60% of Tua Tagovailoa's passing yards were Yards after Catch?...in a shotgun spread RPO...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hmmm... You mean the guys who have had the same coaches for years and the same production across those years and have been 1st round locks prior to this season?

Funny, I remember Andy Dalton getting all the credit among Bengals fans for turning it on and having a career year in 2015, not Hue Jackson...

For a more recent example we sure hear a lot about MVP Patrick Mahomes, and very little about Eric Bieniemy.

No matter how good the coaching is the players are still the ones making the plays.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 07:20 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: It is true that for some reason Rivals has it listed that Nebraska offered Joe Burrow, despite the fact that both Joe Burrow and Nebraska deny they ever did.

I have no idea why.

Here's a local Nebraska newspaper that says not only did Nebraska not want him out of high school, they didn't even want him when he transferred.

Despite the fact that Joe Burrow would have went to them both times.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-joe-burrow-conversation-is-a-headache-scott/article_a5250985-01ac-51c4-8312-c8d7889e4f14.amp.html

Here he is in an interview even talking about it. To my knowledge most top colleges didn't even think Burrow warranted a spot on there roster, let alone a full scholarship.

https://youtu.be/PmxqT_QbXvc

I'm not a Joe Burrow fanatic, but maybe this is why Nebraska has been irrelevant for 25 years or so... The guy transfers out of a top 3 recruiting class, and Nebraska doesn't want him?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

"For years" ?

Tua had 8 appearances in games in 2017 with 77 pass attempts. Full 2018 season then 9 games this past season. "Same production across" ? Lets pretend he was a full 4 year starter if it supports your argument, K ?

50% comp. %  ?  round it down 8 points to look better, it's cool   Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:40 PM)Synric Wrote: You mean an offensive system that used 12 personnel but actually ran 6 offensive linemen and alot of times a fullback to a modern offensive shotgun spread RPO?

Did you know over 60% of Tua Tagovailoa's passing yards were Yards after Catch?...in a shotgun spread RPO...

(01-11-2020, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Funny, I remember Andy Dalton getting all the credit among Bengals fans for turning it on and having a career year in 2015, not Hue Jackson...

For a more recent example we sure hear a lot about MVP Patrick Mahomes, and very little about Eric Bieniemy.

No matter how good the coaching is the players are still the ones making the plays.

So when we do the inevitable and draft Burrow and finish dead last again we blame the player and not Zac Taylor??

(01-12-2020, 12:10 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: "For years" ?

Tua had 8 appearances in games in 2017 with 77 pass attempts. Full 2018 season then 9 games this past season. "Same production across" ? Lets pretend he was a full 4 year starter if it supports your argument, K ?

50% comp. %  ?  round it down 8 points to look better, it's cool   Cool

Tua was in the system for multiple years and there has been no major change to philosophy like in LSU. 

And really.. 8 points matters to you?? So a QB that competes 58% is much better then 50 at any level? It is still a losing season. If he completes 58% of his passes in Cincy next year we get to pick.top 5.again.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:14 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So when we do the inevitable and draft Burrow and finish dead last again we blame the player and not Zac Taylor??

I'm discussing a draft prospect you brought up 2018 I explained the difference between 2018 LSU and 2019 LSU. This has nothing to do with Zac Taylor and the Bengals offense.

What about Burrows play on the field has you concerned about the pick? 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:37 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm discussing a draft prospect you brought up 2018 I explained the difference between 2018 LSU and 2019 LSU. This has nothing to do with Zac Taylor and the Bengals offense.

What about Burrows play on the field has you concerned about the pick? 

I can't speak for him... My only concern is the small sample size of dominance. He's impressive as hell this year, but that's all there is. I know we're gonna pick him, and I want him to succeed, but missing on a QB can set a franchise back for years, and we're already pretty damn set back. Personally I like Lawrence better, but I do realize we can't just be like "We'll suck for another year, and get the first pick again.". I also realize that Lawrence has a 50/50 chance of being a bum at the next level... Just like Burrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:54 AM)jason Wrote: I can't speak for him... My only concern is the small sample size of dominance. He's impressive as hell this year, but that's all there is. I know we're gonna pick him, and I want him to succeed, but missing on a QB can set a franchise back for years, and we're already pretty damn set back. Personally I like Lawrence better, but I do realize we can't just be like "We'll suck for another year, and get the first pick again.". I also realize that Lawrence has a 50/50 chance of being a bum at the next level... Just like Burrow.

I get we all fall in love with draft prospects. Anyone in the draft section will tell ya I was a huge fan of Montez Sweat last year...

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Funny, I remember Andy Dalton getting all the credit among Bengals fans for turning it on and having a career year in 2015, not Hue Jackson...

I can't stop reading his name as Eric The Enemy after reading a YouTube comment who thought that's what the announcer was saying.
Reply/Quote