Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report - Zac Taylor has already been in contact with the Burrow family.
(01-11-2020, 06:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It looks like 247 and Rivals have differing information. I wonder why. I also wonder why Joe says he wasn’t recruited by them (unless he considers Nebraska a non-big time offer).

Since I live in Nebraska maybe I can shed some light on this.

He was NOT offered by Nebraska.  I believe Bo Pelini was the coach.  Pelini got fired and then Mike Reilly was hired.  At that point he offered Burrow but it was well after he had made his decision.

At least that's the story that is told around here.
Reply/Quote
It is almost like the stars were aligning for the Bengals. If any billionaires from Nebraska with passion for the Bengals buys this franchise from the disgraced son of Paul Brown I think my kink will be the Nebraska state flag.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 02:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If they contact Burrow, they better contact Brady from LSU as well. If you are dead set on drafting him better bring the guy that made him a 1st rounder from a 4th round prospect.

Agreed. Bring them both in, this will keep Burrow comfortable.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed. Bring them both in, this will keep Burrow comfortable.

Not happening.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 04:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not happening.

Damn, that is too bad. Still, Burrow should be a major upgrade all by himself.
Reply/Quote
Guess we will hear if Burrow is going to attend the Senior Bowl after he sobers up in the next couple of days.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No matter how we slice or dice it; there are 11 players on the field, not 1. If all 11 are not playing together it won't workout. If all 11 players play together they can go places. 73 Dolphins are a prime example of players being on the same page and making things happen. The first PATS SB run where they beat the greatest show on turf with Marshal Faulk as the back.

It takes a team to win a championship, not one player.

Burrow if drafted will be 1 of 53 players on the team. It is why I keep laughing when I hear ANDY DALTON only won two games this pass year. I'm sorry but Dalton didn't play defense, he doesn't play WR, RB, or play the 5 OL positions. He plays QB and he does make mistakes but the team loses the game, not the QB, not the RB, not the CB, of DL, etc... the whole team loses and wins the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 04:54 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: No matter how we slice or dice it; there are 11 players on the field, not 1. If all 11 are not playing together it won't workout. If all 11 players play together they can go places. 73 Dolphins are a prime example of players being on the same page and making things happen. The first PATS SB run where they beat the greatest show on turf with Marshal Faulk as the back.

Burrow if drafted will be 1 of 53 players on the team. It is why I keep laughing when I hear ANDY DALTON only won two games this pass year. I'm sorry but Dalton didn't play defense, he doesn't play WR, RB, or play the 5 OL positions. He plays QB and he does make mistakes but the team loses the game, not the QB, not the RB, not the CB, of DL, etc... the whole team loses and wins the game.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 04:54 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: No matter how we slice or dice it; there are 11 players on the field, not 1. If all 11 are not playing together it won't workout. If all 11 players play together they can go places. 73 Dolphins are a prime example of players being on the same page and making things happen. The first PATS SB run where they beat the greatest show on turf with Marshal Faulk as the back.

Exactly. And no QB is worth +10 wins, there are very few QBs in the league that could have won with the trash the Bungles fielded. You're introducing Joe to a team that needs major help. #1 pick, 2-14. He's going to be screwed without that help. Time to cut the underperforming and old fat (Atkins, AJ).
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Exactly. And no QB is worth +10 wins, there are very few QBs in the league that could have won with the trash the Bungles fielded. You're introducing Joe to a team that needs major help. #1 pick, 2-14. He's going to be screwed without that help. Time to cut the underperforming and old fat (Atkins, AJ).

AJ yeah I can see dropping him as he is often injured. But Atkins I would keep; still one of the better DT in the league. 

I would also go OL 2nd and 3rd round. I would draft one of the WR or TE Burrow passes to if he is available in the 4th round. You need a player that the QB trust to ensure success and nothing like having one of the former receivers to pass it to at the next level. 

As for the defense, it needs to be improved. Either through the draft or FA. My guess is the Bengals will use the draft for most of its missing pieces. So that 2nd rounder I hope they would use on OL may end up being a LB or DB instead of a OL. Or maybe the 3rd will be on defense. 

I'm hoping the Bengals bring in some players in FA but given their pass I'm going with a big fat no on that and using the draft to fill the void and with as many holes on this team I don't see Burrow giving the team anything more than maybe 1 or 2 wins if he play to the same level as he did in college, if he isn't injured do tot he bad OL play. 
Reply/Quote
I would say he needs an offensive line to start and see what he can do. Might pull the defense together to see his fire, or make them irrelevant if he's helping them score a ton lol. His recent quotes about his offensive line to me are more a hidden message about his future life in the NFL (and to Cincy).
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People make way too much out of the “one year wonder” thing, imo. Maybe if Burrow wasn’t shredding some of the best defenses in college all year that would carry more weight, but the kid has proven he can beat the best of the best. Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, etc.

He’s the best QB prospect coming out this year and we need a QB. I really don’t understand why this is such a debate.

Here at thebengalsboard.com we specialize in inventing things to worry about.. For instance, did you know it might rain next November 3rd when you forget your umbrella?  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 02:33 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: "Zac Taylor has reached out to the Burrow family,” Jim Nagy, director of the senior bowl, said. “And there are some really cool Nebraska ties there...Joe’s two older brothers were (Nebraska) Cornhuskers ands obviously Zac Taylor played quarterback there...so there’s a lot of crossover there in terms of people they know and things of that nature.”

It makes sense, even if Burrow doesn't play in the game, you have to believe Zac wants to spend as much time as possible with our potential first pick.

The Nebraska connection is also something I've yet to see brought up yet.

Taylor was quarterback at Nebraska, his dad coached at Nebraska, and Nebraska was where Joe Burrow wanted to play quarterback, but never received a offer from them.

It's believed if Joe Burrow accepts the invite it'll be after the championship game has been played

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/10/zac-taylor-reached-out-joe-burrow-family-senior-bowl/amp/

Until last night I thought Chase Young was  possible as the Bengals Nbr 1, no doubt in my mind Joe Burrows is that pick and he ought to be.
Until last night I thought the Bengals ought to try and trade down to pick up some extra 1sts and seconds, then keep Dalton with a revamped OL with those extra high picks and FA's. 

After seeing Burrow perform with discipline and poise starting with the first series, they unload Dalton however works best, use the $17,700,000 savings to give the Bengals a top 10 nest egg for free agents.  Then Cordy Glen's $7.5 million goes to the nest.  Heck even William Jacksons $9.95 million could too and that makes Cincinnati a top 5 for cash to spend.

Taylor gets to begin unloading Marvin's turkeys and bring in FA's of his choice along with another 7 draft picks.  By the time May rolls around half the team are Taylor's guys and then we'll begin to see if he can be something more than 2019 indicates.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 06:52 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Until last night I thought Chase Young was  possible as the Bengals Nbr 1, no doubt in my mind Joe Burrows is that pick and he ought to be.
Until last night I thought the Bengals ought to try and trade down to pick up some extra 1sts and seconds, then keep Dalton with a revamped OL with those extra high picks and FA's. 

After seeing Burrow perform with discipline and poise starting with the first series, they unload Dalton however works best, use the $17,700,000 savings to give the Bengals a top 10 nest egg for free agents.  Then Cordy Glen's $7.5 million goes to the nest.  Heck even William Jacksons $9.95 million could too and that makes Cincinnati a top 5 for cash to spend.

Taylor gets to begin unloading Marvin's turkeys and bring in FA's of his choice along with another 7 draft picks.  By the time May rolls around half the team are Taylor's guys and then we'll begin to see if he can be something more than 2019 indicates.

I would still keep WJ3 around, think it has been the playcalling and coaching that has held him back more than anything.

Still think he can be a top corner. But yeah, unload Dalton, Glenn and Kirkpatrick's salaries and begin to build the team around
Burrow who is a can't miss pick. Need to add a good RT and a Guard for the Offense and some faster, better tackling LB's to the
Defense and Zac will be so much better off as long as he improves in his own right.
Reply/Quote
Apparently the Panthers are hiring Brady away from LSU to become their OC.
Reply/Quote