Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report from the Colonel.......

Reply/Quote
[Image: 9d7c96b1-502d-40ab-96e5-677e645d45cf_text.gif]
Reply/Quote
????????
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 11:37 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: ????????

It's a report from the Colonel. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sure that it was likely much funnier/cuter when the OP dreamed it up. As for now, it's about as well received as a fart in church.. Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
PS -- While one must respect their infantry, I believe the speed and mobility of our cavalry will  enable us to strike when and where they least expect it, inflicting quick and ultimately mortal damage.
Reply/Quote
My Dearest
The Raccoon jerky and sawtooth prune preserves were mighty tasty, and were gone within hours of their welcome arrival. Although this is my first campaign with this unit, I have been made to feel at home ( or as at home as one could feel in this godforsaken region), and I have been entrusted with critical duties from the off. We have relentlessly pursued our quarry into the Great Piney Swamps, having sent them packing in our initial skirmish. The only sign of our enemy is their incessant cackling as we close in on them. Final victory shall be ours by Sunday night at the latest, and I look forward to returning to you again, my love.

Yours always
Cordell
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
All I see is the image if a small box. When I attempt to open the object in another tab, it brings up another session of the Bengals Board with this message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

So, can anybody help a computer-illiterate brother out and tell me what the OP is?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 11:55 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: All I see is the image if a small box.  When I attempt to open the object in another tab, it brings up another session of the Bengals Board with this message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

So, can anybody help a computer-illiterate brother out and tell me what the OP is?

Not sure what it's about.  Some tweet.  Not sure the relevance.  You'll sleep better tonite not seeing it.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 11:55 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: All I see is the image if a small box.  When I attempt to open the object in another tab, it brings up another session of the Bengals Board with this message:

I see the same thing. I think it is this...

It is a fan account created acting as if Burrow is a Civil War colonel. It is a rip-off of this account, which was a Twitter account playing Andrew Luck as a Civil War era captain. I found the Luck account humorous, but the Burrow account didn't do it for me. I think it is partly because Andrew Luck looks more the part, I don't know. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 11:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm sure that it was likely much funnier/cuter when the OP dreamed it up.  As for now, it's about as well received as a fart in church..  Cool

I still read them. Every now and then there will be a part i chuckle at. But yeah, they're not nearly as funny as when it was done with Luck.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 12:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I still read them. Every now and then there will be a part i chuckle at. But yeah, they're not nearly as funny as when it was done with Luck.

True, and it only helps the gag when you have a beard that looks like it was trimmed by a frontier blacksmith.
Reply/Quote
The Colonel Burrow tweets, I believe, are a knock off from a dude who did something similar with Andrew Luck. The Luck guy was actually clever and funny. If the Luck dude is the same as the Burrow dude, then he's lost his touch.
Reply/Quote
I'm just gonna put this quote here for the captains of our team to relay to our players that I dug from the mighty internet, hopefully it helps the "little guys" in our team, wow the "big guys" of our team when the game strikes 00:00:00 Sunday night.

“Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.”

Mary Roach
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 12:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I still read them. Every now and then there will be a part i chuckle at. But yeah, they're not nearly as funny as when it was done with Luck.

This was my first thought. I thought Luck's were hilarious. The highlight of his career damn near.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 03:19 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm just gonna put this quote here for the captains of our team to relay to our players that I dug from the mighty internet, hopefully it helps the "little guys" in our team, wow the "big guys" of our team when the game strikes 00:00:00 Sunday night.

“Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.”

Mary Roach

"Roach" has to be the worst last name.  I wonder if that was her maiden name or her husband's name.
Reply/Quote
My apologies everyone. I did think it was funny. Didn't know this had been done before with an Andrew Luck account before. Sorry it wasn't well received. Beat The Ravens!!
Reply/Quote
I still think I’m funny even if no one else does, lol. Comedy gold, Jerry…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 07:43 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: "Roach" has to be the worst last name.  I wonder if that was her maiden name or her husband's name.

[Image: 385jhp.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 07:59 PM)SladeX Wrote: I still think I’m funny even if no one else does, lol. Comedy gold, Jerry…

And it doesn't hurt a bit that Joe's middle name is "Lee."  He just needs to throw in a few mentions of squirrel oil and he'll be good LOL
Reply/Quote