Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports are Bengals lose Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick
News is Zeitler breaks the bank and comes out very high paid. Possible teams are 49ers or Browns but many others wanting him....Kirkpatrick, the news is The Steelers want him, Also the Titans among other teams....Denver says they are ready to out bid Bengals for Whitworth.

I'm not seeing much news on LaFell or Burkhead or Peko.....Bengals did tender an offer to TJ Johnson so in case they lose him they get a 7th round pick, WOW, that's exciting. Bengals and their collecting 7th round picks, the cheapest picks to pay....A Fan on this site said watch Peko be the only one they keep, and added lol. It may be Peko is the only one they keep and we can add fcol...for crying out loud.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:08 AM)kevin Wrote: News is Zeitler breaks the bank and comes out very high paid. Possible teams are 49ers or Browns but many others wanting him....Kirkpatrick, the news is The Steelers want him, Also the Titans among other teams....Denver says they are ready to out bid Bengals for Whitworth.

I'm not seeing much news on LaFell or Burkhead or Peko.....Bengals did tender an offer to TJ Johnson so in case they lose him they get a 7th round pick, WOW, that's exciting. Bengals and their collecting 7th round picks, the cheapest picks to pay.

It's been reported that the Bengals want to resign Peko to mentor Billings.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:10 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's been reported that the Bengals want to resign Peko to mentor Billings.

fcol
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Lol, so we will lose all of our top free agents and sign back worthless Peko.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Sounds about right.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This should prove the Bengals are active in free agency: Actively letting the best players walk. We should have seen this coming when Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones left last year without the Front Office even trying to bring them back.

If Andrew Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler walk, look for Andy Dalton to pull a Carson Palmer act and demand a trade.
Reply/Quote
Every hour is comedy hour with the bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:08 AM)kevin Wrote: News is Zeitler breaks the bank and comes out very high paid. Possible teams are 49ers or Browns but many others wanting him....Kirkpatrick, the news is The Steelers want him, Also the Titans among other teams....Denver says they are ready to out bid Bengals for Whitworth.

In other words.....nothing is a done deal yet, and thus this is hysterical speculation.  Gotcha.
Reply/Quote
Where is this "news" coming from???
And keeping Peko for a year until we see what  we actually have in Billings is a smart move, and has nothing to do with whether we keep Whit, Kirk or Zeitler....
Reply/Quote

I'm not seeing much news on LaFell or Burkhead or Peko.....Bengals did tender an offer to TJ Johnson so in case they lose him they get a 7th round pick, WOW, that's exciting. Bengals and their collecting 7th round picks, the cheapest picks to pay....A Fan on this site said watch Peko be the only one they keep, and added lol.  It may be Peko is the only one they keep and we can add fcol...for crying out loud.

Is there a link for any of this?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Where the deuce are you hearing this?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 08:50 AM)Stewy Wrote: In other words.....nothing is a done deal yet, and thus this is hysterical speculation.  Gotcha.

This.

(03-08-2017, 09:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Where is this "news" coming from???
And keeping Peko for a year until we see what  we actually have in Billings is a smart move, and has nothing to do with whether we keep Whit, Kirk or Zeitler....

This too.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 08:50 AM)Stewy Wrote: In other words.....nothing is a done deal yet, and thus this is hysterical speculation.  Gotcha.

I'm sure you would come back and eat crow if we lose all three? C'mon Stewy, you have to admit things don't look good.

This is the latest on Zeitler: http://nfltraderumors.co/lots-talk-kevin-zeitler-will-end-signing-jaguars/
This is the latest on DreKirk: http://nfltraderumors.co/steelers-titans-interested-free-agent-cb-dre-kirkpatrick/
This is the latest on Whit: http://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-andrew-whitworth-talks-regarding-new-deal-cin-wants-back-lt/

The Bengals have a sketchy-at-best history once players are allowed to hit the market. Just based on everything that's been said and printed, I think Zeitler is gone. I'm not sure about Kirkpatrick, but I have only heard rumors of serious interest from other teams. Whit is quoted saying he "wants to see what happens with Zeitler and Kirkpatrick".

So if we're unlikely to sign Zeit and Kirk...Whit is also most likely gone. We need to inject a lot more talent to get back to winning. Losing all 3 of these guys would send us spiraling further down.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:10 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's been reported that the Bengals want to resign Peko to mentor Billings.

Just kill me now. Please just end the hurt.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 11:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm sure you would come back and eat crow if we lose all three? C'mon Stewy, you have to admit things don't look good.

This is the latest on Zeitler: http://nfltraderumors.co/lots-talk-kevin-zeitler-will-end-signing-jaguars/
This is the latest on DreKirk: http://nfltraderumors.co/steelers-titans-interested-free-agent-cb-dre-kirkpatrick/
This is the latest on Whit: http://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-andrew-whitworth-talks-regarding-new-deal-cin-wants-back-lt/

The Bengals have a sketchy-at-best history once players are allowed to hit the market. Just based on everything that's been said and printed, I think Zeitler is gone. I'm not sure about Kirkpatrick, but I have only heard rumors of serious interest from other teams. Whit is quoted saying he "wants to see what happens with Zeitler and Kirkpatrick".

So if we're unlikely to sign Zeit and Kirk...Whit is also most likely gone. We need to inject a lot more talent to get back to winning. Losing all 3 of these guys would send us spiraling further down.

The Whitworth one was from 2 weeks ago. The Kirkpatrick one was just a general story from a few days ago that they were interested.

Way premature.
Reply/Quote
What I don't understand is why the team can't see that this is a one-year window at this point? If you're not going to go all out to put together the best roster next year, you might as well clean house now. Operating in the middle ground has zero upside.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 12:31 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: What I don't understand is why the team can't see that this is a one-year window at this point?  If you're not going to go all out to put together the best roster next year, you might as well clean house now.  Operating in the middle ground has zero upside.

We still have enough core talent for the next few years (until Atkins and Dunlap decline) to atleast be mediocre.

It's very rare in the NFL to actually clean house and get rid of all of your veterans. The Browns did it and the 49ers were forced to when a bunch of players retired.

The Bengals probably feel that guys like Jackson, Vigil, and Billings can step in and start. Then the 1st Round pick this year. That's in theory 4 new starters.
Reply/Quote
Don't worry guys, it's all a clever master plan to blame next years failures on the loss of talent. Not on Marvin being a turd. ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 12:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We still have enough core talent for the next few years (until Atkins and Dunlap decline) to atleast be mediocre.

It's very rare in the NFL to actually clean house and get rid of all of your veterans. The Browns did it and the 49ers were forced to when a bunch of players retired.

The Bengals probably feel that guys like Jackson, Vigil, and Billings can step in and start. Then the 1st Round pick this year. That's in theory 4 new starters.

Billings, fine.  Vigil, given some of the other guys we have played at LB, I can stomach it.

A rookie with 3 days of training camp, Dennard and Adam Jones?  Color me worried.

Where are they spending the money?  The cap went up almost 11M.  They can't possibly consider extending Tyler Eifert long-term with the uncertainty of this regime, can they?
Reply/Quote
Honestly...IF the Bengals let Whitworth, Zeitler, and Kirkpatrick go and replaced them with younger players who were on the upswing...I'd be ok with that.

Whitworth is the oldest starting Tackle in the NFL. He's going to decline soon and it may be sharp.

Kirkpatrick is above average but not great.

Zeitler is the best Guard...but he's not great either.

IF the Bengals would commit that money to upgrading other roster positions...it wouldn't be so bad. But they likely won't.
Reply/Quote