Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Republican House Republican Majority loses another 1
Rep Ken Buck, CO, who had previously announced his intention not to run for reelection, has decided to resign as of next week. A very small majority is now even smaller.

Ken Buck for President on no-label ticket...he is making sounds. He wants to "fix' the bad candidate issue up and down the ballot

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
How broken is the Republican Party when the party that holds the majority is historically unproductive and its own members are calling it quits?

Can’t say I have ever seen “elected leaders” giving up and quitting in such high numbers.

wtf did you even want the position for? Your party is in power, now is your chance to pass what you think our country needs… and they quit? Sad
Reply/Quote
Did he say stuff about never giving up and never quitting before he resigned?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How broken is the Republican Party when the party that holds the majority is historically unproductive and its own members are calling it quits?

Can’t say I have ever seen “elected leaders” giving up and quitting in such high numbers.

wtf did you even want the position for? Your party is in power, now is your chance to pass what you think our country needs… and they quit? Sad

In 2022 (April), 31 Dems retired vs. 18 Repubs.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2022 Dems had the majority?

And the current number in 2024 is - wait for it - 24 Dems to 21 Repubs.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:31 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: In 2022 (April), 31 Dems retired vs. 18 Repubs.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2022 Dems had the majority?

And the current number in 2024 is - wait for it - 24 Dems to 21 Repubs.

Good call out.

Looks like a handful resigned to join the administration. A few for mayor and governor work/bids. Some may have feared the old midterms where the party in the Oval Office has bad approval ratings.
Reply/Quote
Choosing not to run again is one thing, but this is like the 4th or 5th one to leave during the session…that’s the unusual thing.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote