Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Republican Mega Donors Abandoning Trump
Looks like a lot of Republican heavy weights are abandoning the guy leading all the polls. What’s up with that?

I’ve long associated the Republican Party of the party for the wealthy and well connected. Reagan started the war on unions and the middle class and I believe the ever expanding wealth gap got its start under his leadership.

Fast forward to 2023 and now a presidential candidate beating all other republicans in polls, whose only major legislative victory while in office was tax cuts for the wealthy, is being abandoned by the wealthy mega donors.

Only thing I can think of, is that these apparently very intelligent individuals who have managed to make an insane amount of money in their lifetime view the former POTUS as bad for the country and an actual danger to their fortunes.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/08/politics/ken-langone-nikki-haley-president/index.html

Koch Network
Peter Thiel
Ken Langone
Art Pope

The list is growing every week it seems. What gives?

Could a traitorous conman becoming POTUS again actually be bad for the USA? Some really rich smart business people from his party seem to think so.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 09:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Looks like a lot of Republican heavy weights are abandoning the guy leading all the polls. What’s up with that?

I’ve long associated the Republican Party of the party for the wealthy and well connected. Reagan started the war on unions and the middle class and I believe the ever expanding wealth gap got its start under his leadership.

Fast forward to 2023 and now a presidential candidate beating all other republicans in polls, whose only major legislative victory while in office was tax cuts for the wealthy, is being abandoned by the wealthy mega donors.

Only thing I can think of, is that these apparently very intelligent individuals who have managed to make an insane amount of money in their lifetime view the former POTUS as bad for the country and an actual danger to their fortunes.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/08/politics/ken-langone-nikki-haley-president/index.html

Koch Network
Peter Thiel
Ken Langone
Art Pope

The list is growing every week it seems. What gives?

Could a traitorous conman becoming POTUS again actually be bad for the USA? Some really rich smart business people from his party seem to think so.

Not to worry, Nati.  They'll come back to the fold.

Look how Biden has ruined the economy. 

No. I don't mean look at the numbers. Those are pretty good. 

I mean look at what Fox and Newsmax are saying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote