Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican Panel Has Spoken
(08-19-2020, 05:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This happened today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-fbi-lawyer-clinesmith-pleads-guilty-to-falsifying-document-in-trump-russia-probe/ar-BB18a1mw?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

I need a break down.

What does this change? 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 09:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I need a break down.

What does this change? 

EMAIL LIE!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 09:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I need a break down.

What does this change? 

I'm no expert.  And this is just an opinion based on a few things I read and heard so please don't think I am saying this is 100% true or that I am deliberately misleading anyone by passing off this information as facts.  I am not saying my version must be 100% true or that I did any of the investigation or reporting on this story.

It is rare for an agent like that to get indicted.  But if they are it is quite likely they will be found guilty.

The original surveillance order remains solid.  Some of the follow ups were more questionable.  Part of that is because Carter Page is an idiot who kept running his mouth when he really didn't have much to say.  

This is what he pled guilty to (from the article linked above):

Quote:On Tuesday, Clinesmith admitted to altering an email that said former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page was not a source for the CIA, even though Page had had a relationship with the agency. That in turn allowed intelligence agencies to renew a warrant to monitor Page for potentially working with foreign powers.

The disagreement came over if he was a source or had a relationship or whatever from what I understand. 

So rather than risk court proceedings that require lawyers and can cost a good bit he pleads guilty to not telling the whole truth and it changes zero about the results of the investigation which was released by a bipartisan committee in the Senate.

Again just how I am reading the information NOT necessarily 100% true or something that someone should have to believe.  There may be other interpretations and others may have different opinions of what the case does and does not stand for.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 06:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We've spent 4 years repeatedly confirming that Russia is seeking to interfere in our elections after doing so in 2016, and we have done little to prevent it from happening again.

Bad news...

Trump is almost always guilty of the exact things he accuses other people of and he is going hard on the rigged election talk. Russia is actively hacking away at our election system and moscow mitch denied funding to defend it, fought to lift sanctions on russia, and was quickly rewarded with some russian money through what i'm sure will end up being a crooked aluminum mill deal for Kentucky. And team trump eagerly accepted their help the last time around and I have no reason to believe that would change. 

Throw in the obvious blatant broad daylight USPS destruction... and the time he has had to spread his shit tentacles through out our government. I have legitimate concern about the legitimacy of our election. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 01:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The difference is President Biden won't be calling Neo Nazi's "very fine people" or asking a foreign country to help him with an election if they want foreign aid. 

When you decide to defend a president who is historically unfit doing historically outrageous things, and do so by repeating complete falsehoods, you forfeit some things, including credibility when you complain about minute things. 

The story stands for itself. What you deem the credibility of the poster is irrelevant. You’re going to see four years of excusing Biden because Trump we th all sorts of reasons why it’s different. It’s ok to say a black person isn’t black because hey he didn’t say bro nazis were cool. Things like that.

Didn’t he say there were good people and bad people? Like the recent protests/ riots? I honestly can’t remember exactly what he said.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 10:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The story stands for itself. What you deem the credibility of the poster is irrelevant. You’re going to see four years of excusing Biden because Trump we th all sorts of reasons why it’s different. It’s ok to say a black person isn’t black because hey he didn’t say bro nazis were cool. Things like that.

Didn’t he say there were good people and bad people? Like the recent protests/ riots? I honestly can’t remember exactly what he said.

The story does stand on its own, but the responses were directed at the poster’s sudden interest in honesty after years of them deriding the investigation and defending lying from Trump.

No one says it’s ok to say “you aren’t black if you aren’t voting for me”.

Trump kept going back to the people “the night before” who were just there to “protest taking down the Lee statue”. He referenced them when he said “very fine people”. But that protest at night was led by the chants of “Jews will not replace us” and “blood and soil”... so yes he was Saying this about Nazis. Also, the event was literally organized by white supremacist groups. So if he’s referring to the next day, he’s suggesting that “very fine people” willingly went to a rally organized by white supremacists.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 12:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The reactions you’ve read are just the beginning. Biden is going to get four years of Trump was worse. They will become everything they despise in Trump supporters.

You're going to have some of that, sure. But what I want to point out is that what this FBI agent pleaded guilty to is actually a pretty common occurrence in investigations when you speak with federal defense attorneys. It's something that happens on a regular basis including to help this administration prosecute criminals. However, because this was done in this specific investigation it is suddenly, wrong? We should call it wrong for every case and stop using these sorts of methods. It's also important to note that this agent was charged with something much akin to what Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to, yet the administration is choosing to not pursue those charges even with a guilty plea? In both cases the lies were did not have much, if any effect on an investigation, yet the administration is choosing to dismiss one and pursued another?

This case has literally no bearing on the actual investigation and does not diminish the facts that were discovered by this Senate panel. It does not diminish the numerous prosecutions that occurred of folks in Trump's orbit. Yet that is what the person that posted the link was trying to say by posting it.

If Biden wins, I will criticize every single move I hear about and dislike. Every one. There will probably be a lot because he isn't a progressive politician. But you can bet your ass that he would be a better president than Trump because Trump flouts the rule of law for his own gain every single day. He uses the administration like the government is his and not of the people.

And as for the hate against Trump supporters for the "Hillary would've been worse" defense is that we have had four years of Trump. We know for a fact he is worse for this country because of the damage he has done to its institutions. Clinton was hated on without her having held the office, but we've seen what Trump has done, we have an actual comparison. So I will call out things about Biden's administration I dislike if he holds the office, and I will say "it is better than Trump would have been," but that's because we know for a fact what Trump did. It isn't speculation like with Clinton.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 12:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The reactions you’ve read are just the beginning. Biden is going to get four years of Trump was worse. They will become everything they despise in Trump supporters.

Is this the new "Democrats will become what they claimed to hate" turned into "Republicans will now stand for truth and honesty"?

I'd be all for both parties holding the other accountable about being honest and legal and such.

It would be refreshing.

After years of extended Benghazi investigations I doubt the right is ready to do that and would rather have some more political theater.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 11:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The story does stand on its own, but the responses were directed at the poster’s sudden interest in honesty after years of them deriding the investigation and defending lying from Trump.

No one says it’s ok to say “you aren’t black if you aren’t voting for me”.

Trump kept going back to the people “the night before” who were just there to “protest taking down the Lee statue”. He referenced them when he said “very fine people”. But that protest at night was led by the chants of “Jews will not replace us” and “blood and soil”... so yes he was Saying this about Nazis. Also, the event was literally organized by white supremacist groups. So if he’s referring to the next day, he’s suggesting that “very fine people” willingly went to a rally organized by white supremacists.

Interestingly I saw this just now on Twitter.

I am aware that Media Matters specifically watches right wing lies sources but they also provide the receipts with the full clips/quotes and context.

https://www.mediamatters.org/white-nationalism/right-wing-media-keep-lying-about-trumps-very-fine-people-comment-after

Quote:Right-wing media keep lying about Trump’s “very fine people” comment after Charlottesville

The real “hoax” about Charlottesville is the claim that there were any legitimate protesters on the white nationalist side at all
WRITTEN BY ERIC KLEEFELD
PUBLISHED 08/17/20 3:47 PM EDT

Right-wing media voices are again attempting to rewrite the history of President Donald Trump’s defense of “very fine people” on both sides of the August 2017 white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, after Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his running mate Kamala Harris marked the third anniversary of the event, which culminated in the murder of counterdemonstrator Heather Heyer.

Biden had previously referred to Trump’s “very fine people” remark as an event that spurred him to launch his presidential campaign. Meanwhile, right-wing media voices have claimed that Trump was taken out of context, and they argue that he actually “condemned ‘neo-Nazis and White nationalists.’”

What Trump actually said
In this case, of course, it’s important to look at what Trump actually said. And this really becomes an odd thing for right-wing media figures to try to lie about — as video of both his statement, and the actual events at the time, are easy to come by.

“And you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides,” Trump declared on August 15, before arguing with reporters that he was not defending white nationalists. “And you had people — and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned too — but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists.” 

He went on: “There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before — if you look, there were people protesting, very quietly, the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people — neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.”

What really happened
As independent journalist Jonathan Katz has pointed out, on “the night before,” August 11, 2017 —when Trump claimed he saw people “very quietly” protesting — was actually the infamous tiki torch march, in which white nationalists flashed Nazi salutes and chanted slogans such as “You will not replace us” and “White lives matter” while getting into fights with counterdemonstrators.

The Tiki Brand company, the makers of tiki torches, actually condemned this event — but Trump voiced his approval and claimed that these were the good people of whom he approved.

And as Vox’s Jane Coaston also pointed out last year of the August 12, 2017, event: “Unite the Right was explicitly organized and branded as a far-right, racist, and white supremacist event by far-right racist white supremacists. This was clear for months before the march actually occurred.”

In short, there were no peaceful protesters that Trump was referring to on the side chanting “Blood and soil.” There was only ever a white nationalist invasion of the Charlottesville community, for which he had to invent some presence of legitimate protesters — and meanwhile, the neo-Nazis actually present would know that they were the “very fine people” to whom he referred.

Triggered by Biden and Harris, right-wing media lie about what Trump said
On the day of Biden’s general election campaign launch with Harris as his running mate, right-wing media voices attempted to call this very simple recounting of the facts a lie.

On the August 12 edition of Fox News’ The Five, co-host Greg Gutfeld claimed that “the ‘fine people’ hoax” had “already been discredited. Trump wasn't talking about racists, he was talking about both sides of the statue debate. Anybody with half a brain, i.e. Joe, knows that.”
Video file
Video Player

00:00

02:42

CitationFrom the August 12, 2020, edition of Fox News’ The Five

The far-right website Breitbart also called Biden’s statement “debunked” and a “hoax.” “Trump had been referring to peaceful protests both for and against the removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee,” senior editor Joel Pollak wrote. “He completely condemned the extremists — as the timeline and transcript confirm.”

Just the News, the site run by right-wing serial misinformer John Solomon, referred to Biden and Harris’ claim as a “whopper” used to launch their general election campaign:

Quote:The allegation that Trump praised the neo-Nazis in the 2017 Charlottesville rally has been widely repeated since that year. Yet a review of Trump's remarks on Aug. 15, three days after that rally, shows that Trump clearly differentiated between the white supremacists who were present at that rally and the "very fine people" he said were there for more benign reasons.

And Fox’s manufactured outrage continued over the weekend.

Gutfeld delivered another strange rant on the August 15 edition of The Greg Gutfeld Show, accusing Biden of wanting a “race war” like Charles Manson did, and then played the video of Biden: “That terrible day in Charlottesville … to see those neo-Nazis — close your eyes — and those Klansmen, white supremacists coming out of fields, carrying lighted torches. … At that moment, I knew I couldn't stand by and let Donald Trump, a man who went on to say when asked about what he thought, he said there were ‘very fine people.’”

“What harmful bullshit,” said Gutfeld, with the obscenity partially bleeped out in the broadcast.

Video file
Video Player

01:20

CitationFrom the August 15, 2020, edition of Fox News’ The Greg Gutfeld Show

And on the August 16 edition of The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton, Fox News contributor Lisa Boothe called Biden’s statement a “blatant lie” and claimed that Trump had in fact “explicitly condemned the KKK and the neo-Nazis, yet the media has peddled this lie, and so has Joe Biden, unquestionably by the media. The media allows him to do it.”

Video file
Video Player

02:07

CitationFrom the August 16, 2020, edition of Fox News’ The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton

What’s going on here is not an example of some media outlets “allowing” Biden to talk about Trump and Charlottesville. Rather, right-wing media are trying to allow Trump to get away with what he actually said and defend his campaign against Biden — a tactic the president has continued to deploy in rewriting his own history of the event.

Note if the videos do not copy over or play you can see them at the link so you can form your own pinion on what was said.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 10:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: Interestingly I saw this just now on Twitter.

I am aware that Media Matters specifically watches right wing lies sources but they also provide the receipts with the full clips/quotes and context.

https://www.mediamatters.org/white-nationalism/right-wing-media-keep-lying-about-trumps-very-fine-people-comment-after

And Fox’s manufactured outrage continued over the weekend.

Gutfeld delivered another strange rant on the August 15 edition of [i]The Greg Gutfeld Show
, accusing Biden of wanting a “race war” like Charles Manson did, and then played the video of Biden: “That terrible day in Charlottesville … to see those neo-Nazis — close your eyes — and those Klansmen, white supremacists coming out of fields, carrying lighted torches. … At that moment, I knew I couldn't stand by and let Donald Trump, a man who went on to say when asked about what he thought, he said there were ‘very fine people.’”

“What harmful bullshit,” said Gutfeld, with the obscenity partially bleeped out in the broadcast.
[/i]

LOL "the Left," those people who challenged slavery, segregation, and white supremacy, are becoming ever more frequently accused of "real" racism and fomenting race hatred and encouraging "race war" by not ignoring how racism continues into 21st century USA.

If Biden becomes president I think we are going to hear of a president almost as "divisive" as Obama.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're going to have some of that, sure. But what I want to point out is that what this FBI agent pleaded guilty to is actually a pretty common occurrence in investigations when you speak with federal defense attorneys. It's something that happens on a regular basis including to help this administration prosecute criminals. However, because this was done in this specific investigation it is suddenly, wrong? We should call it wrong for every case and stop using these sorts of methods. It's also important to note that this agent was charged with something much akin to what Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to, yet the administration is choosing to not pursue those charges even with a guilty plea? In both cases the lies were did not have much, if any effect on an investigation, yet the administration is choosing to dismiss one and pursued another?

This case has literally no bearing on the actual investigation and does not diminish the facts that were discovered by this Senate panel. It does not diminish the numerous prosecutions that occurred of folks in Trump's orbit. Yet that is what the person that posted the link was trying to say by posting it.

If Biden wins, I will criticize every single move I hear about and dislike. Every one. There will probably be a lot because he isn't a progressive politician. But you can bet your ass that he would be a better president than Trump because Trump flouts the rule of law for his own gain every single day. He uses the administration like the government is his and not of the people.

And as for the hate against Trump supporters for the "Hillary would've been worse" defense is that we have had four years of Trump. We know for a fact he is worse for this country because of the damage he has done to its institutions. Clinton was hated on without her having held the office, but we've seen what Trump has done, we have an actual comparison. So I will call out things about Biden's administration I dislike if he holds the office, and I will say "it is better than Trump would have been," but that's because we know for a fact what Trump did. It isn't speculation like with Clinton.

I’m not sure this is true. From what I’ve gathered, someone involved in issuing the warrant wanted to know if Carter Page was working for the CIA. The lawyer changed the email reply from the CIA which indicated Page was a source of information to he was not a source of information. Ultimately, that would not have affected the warrant or the investigation according to reports. That will probably always be a point of contention for Trump supporters.

What I find interesting is Page had reported to the CIA the Russians tried to recruit him as a spy in 2013 (I think.) Which would make him a one time source. But, not necessarily an ongoing source. Or a CIA agent. But, if he was a CIA agent that’s not something they would want to advertise. (Unless you’re Scooter Libby leaking the ID of covert CIA agents to the press.) One of the three Russians was eventually arrested for working as an unregistered foreign agent. Page graduated top 10% in his class at the Naval Academy which might indicate he’s not necessarily the idiot he seems to portray. But, we’ll probably never know the truth.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 10:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The story stands for itself. What you deem the credibility of the poster is irrelevant. You’re going to see four years of excusing Biden because Trump we th all sorts of reasons why it’s different. It’s ok to say a black person isn’t black because hey he didn’t say bro nazis were cool. Things like that.

Didn’t he say there were good people and bad people?  Like the recent protests/ riots? I honestly can’t remember exactly what he said.

I'm hoping that we see four years of excusing Biden because he wins the election.

Just as there was every reason back in 2016 to suppose that Trump would continue to be the person he was, with grave consequences for the nation, there is every reason to believe that Biden will continue to be Biden, and repair at least some of the damage.

That means we'll have a decent man at the helm, a family man who has made his way through trauma to keep his family together, raising his sons after his wife's death.  I don't expect porn star scandals and weekly accusations of assault. No Hollywood access style revelations or pictures of Biden with Epstein. No horrible tweets about women's looks and daily, baseless accusations of decent people.

It means he will not internationally embarrass the FBI/CIA by taking Putin's word over theirs. No empty photo op summits against US national interest. As our allies breath a sigh of relief, Biden will strive to repair the broken diplomacy, from the Iran deal to the TPP to the Paris Agreement.  He will create a functioning NSC and won't know more than the generals. Good news for NATO, and Europe, bad news for Putin and North Korea.

One of the biggest positives will be that Fox pundits, voices of the extreme right, will no longer be directly affecting US domestic and foreign policy by using their shows to "inform" and manage a president on policy issues, and no longer picking his advisors.

The White House will not be in constant chaos because a truly professional team will come into place before Jan. 20. We won't see four years of firings and resignations of key people followed by worse and worse replacements and the massive leaking that goes with all that dysfunction. Biden will already know what our treaty arrangements with SK and Japan and Taiwan are. He'll read his PDBs and know how the NSC is supposed to work.
The people in the room with him won't have to flatter him to get him to listen. They will be able to challenge him, to speak truth to power.

He'll have no problem releasing his tax returns, and won't be using the power of his office to block investigations into his shady financial dealings. We won't see "fixers" and numerous other associates going to jail.

We'll finally get a consistent, science-based COVID policy under national leadership with clear messaging--too late for the by then 300,000 dead. But still capable of doing some good. Biden will leave us with a planned response for the next pandemic, if we don't elect another Trump to dismantle it. IF the Dems control Congress we may finally get sensible immigration policy.

But a Biden win also means he will continue to be as gaff prone as he was in the '80s and '90s, with the addition of the memory lapses you see in your grandfather, for sure.

The Fox Machine will replay those gaffs, and we'll hear a lot about "real" racism and "liberal hypocrisy." The Fox audience will rage at how their country was taken from them by a rigged election. Conspiracy theories will deepen their hold on Trump's base. It will be like the Obama era, with daily manufactured outrage and faux scandals. Which Trump supporters will claim is no different from what the MSM served Trump, who actually did the things for which he was/is daily accused, and mostly in public and without apology.  And so, yes, our liberal pundits will offer all kinds of "excuses" for why it's different when you aren't actually guilty of the things you are accused of, or you when the horrible hypocritical crimes of which you are actually guilty are little more than verbal errors of no policy consequence.

So let the "excuses" begin. Sooner the better for the country.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 12:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’m not sure this is true. From what I’ve gathered, someone involved in issuing the warrant wanted to know if Carter Page was working for the CIA. The lawyer changed the email reply from the CIA which indicated Page was a source of information to he was not a source of information. Ultimately, that would not have affected the warrant or the investigation according to reports. That will probably always be a point of contention for Trump supporters.

What I find interesting is Page had reported to the CIA the Russians tried to recruit him as a spy in 2013 (I think.) Which would make him a one time source. But, not necessarily an ongoing source. Or a CIA agent. But, if he was a CIA agent that’s not something they would want to advertise. (Unless you’re Scooter Libby leaking the ID of covert CIA agents to the press.) One of the three Russians was eventually arrested for working as an unregistered foreign agent. Page graduated top 10% in his class at the Naval Academy which might indicate he’s not necessarily the idiot he seems to portray. But, we’ll probably never know the truth.

I'm basing this off of federal defense attorneys saying that federal agents regularly lie on things like this to get warrants. I figure they know what they're talking about. Specifically, Ken White, who was a federal prosecutor before becoming a defense attorney.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 12:12 PM)Dill Wrote: I'm hoping that we see four years of excusing Biden because he wins the election.

Just as there was every reason back in 2016 to suppose that Trump would continue to be the person he was, with grave consequences for the nation, there is every reason to believe that Biden will continue to be Biden, and repair at least some of the damage.

That means we'll have a decent man at the helm, a family man who has made his way through trauma to keep his family together, raising his sons after his wife's death.  I don't expect porn star scandals and weekly accusations of assault. No Hollywood access style revelations or pictures of Biden with Epstein. No horrible tweets about women's looks and daily, baseless accusations of decent people.

It means he will not internationally embarrass the FBI/CIA by taking Putin's word over theirs. No empty photo op summits against US national interest. As our allies breath a sigh of relief, Biden will strive to repair the broken diplomacy, from the Iran deal to the TPP to the Paris Agreement.  He will create a functioning NSC and won't know more than the generals. Good news for NATO, and Europe, bad news for Putin and North Korea.

One of the biggest positives will be that Fox pundits, voices of the extreme right, will no longer be directly affecting US domestic and foreign policy by using their shows to "inform" and manage a president on policy issues, and no longer picking his advisors.

The White House will not be in constant chaos because a truly professional team will come into place before Jan. 20. We won't see four years of firings and resignations of key people followed by worse and worse replacements and the massive leaking that goes with all that dysfunction. Biden will already know what our treaty arrangements with SK and Japan and Taiwan are. He'll read his PDBs and know how the NSC is supposed to work.
The people in the room with him won't have to flatter him to get him to listen. They will be able to challenge him, to speak truth to power.

He'll have no problem releasing his tax returns, and won't be using the power of his office to block investigations into his shady financial dealings. We won't see "fixers" and numerous other associates going to jail.

We'll finally get a consistent, science-based COVID policy under national leadership with clear messaging--too late for the by then 300,000 dead. But still capable of doing some good. Biden will leave us with a planned response for the next pandemic, if we don't elect another Trump to dismantle it. IF the Dems control Congress we may finally get sensible immigration policy.

But a Biden win also means he will continue to be as gaff prone as he was in the '80s and '90s, with the addition of the memory lapses you see in your grandfather, for sure.

The Fox Machine will replay those gaffs, and we'll hear a lot about "real" racism and "liberal hypocrisy." The Fox audience will rage at how their country was taken from them by a rigged election. Conspiracy theories will deepen their hold on Trump's base. It will be like the Obama era, with daily manufactured outrage and faux scandals. Which Trump supporters will claim is no different from what the MSM served Trump, who actually did the things for which he was/is daily accused, and mostly in public and without apology.  And so, yes, our liberal pundits will offer all kinds of "excuses" for why it's different when you aren't actually guilty of the things you are accused of, or you when the horrible hypocritical crimes of which you are actually guilty are little more than verbal errors of no policy consequence.

So let the "excuses" begin. Sooner the better for the country.

So yes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 01:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm basing this off of federal defense attorneys saying that federal agents regularly lie on things like this to get warrants. I figure they know what they're talking about. Specifically, Ken White, who was a federal prosecutor before becoming a defense attorney.

So it’s a case of the good guys gotta break the law to catch the bad guys thus becoming bad guys themselves in the process?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 02:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So it’s a case of the good guys gotta break the law to catch the bad guys thus becoming bad guys themselves in the process?

Pretty much.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 02:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So it’s a case of the good guys gotta break the law to catch the bad guys thus becoming bad guys themselves in the process?

Good bad guys. It's different when we do it.

[Image: da944aef-749e-49cf-b53a-f1462886dc59.jpg]
Reply/Quote
 A little more here.

Reply/Quote