Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican Primary
(06-03-2017, 08:29 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Good morning gentlemen. The other day I was thinking back to the Republican Primary. I feel guilty now but back then I loved watching Trump in action. I watched every one of those "debates" and it was some very entertaining shows. Trump's insults and slur's against the other "contestants" were funny as hell. The deer in the headlights look on many of their faces plus the fact that many looked scared that they we be next. The one's who tried to talk shit back only made it worse for them. I'm not laughing now because back then I never thought in a million years a guy like Trump would get elected. Never say never. For not being a politician Trump acted like a experience one by getting down in the mud and saying and doing anything. How about the one debate with Hillary where Trump had those woman that Bill supposedly abused sitting in the front row. WTF. Wonder if anyone else enjoyed watching Trump dismantle the rights best in those primaries?

Nope. As much as I dislike the GOP, and everyone that was one those stages, what we saw was evidence of a continued dumbing down of our country and its politics. Left and right we are seeing a distancing from evidence based policy decisions. It used to be that even though the majority of the public voted more with their gut, our elected officials at least had some reason to their decisions. Now the American public seems to not want that, well, at least a large segment of it. I fear for what future this will bring.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-04-2017, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: This post should be framed in the "I fall for Trump's crap" Hall of Fame.

Perhaps pinned to the top of the boards forever.

There's not even time to go through everything that is wrong about it.

It is headline versus the actual article.  Remember: Nuance and facts are for eggheads and elites!

But it just goes to show that some people will accept everything as the god honest truth as long as it supports their own personal beliefs.

Our lucky day! Good for everyone you don't have the time to critique each entry.

Apparently for you and a couple others the point went over your heads. I did not post that to tell everyone how successful Trump has been.

Again, Trump has taken on each of these issues, the same issues he promised to address in his campaign.

That's it.

So, why do you hate Trump?

(06-04-2017, 05:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If Trump saved a child from a burning building, it would somehow be an Obama praise for funding a fire escape. Trump would be ridiculed for trying to save the child because he wasn't wearing fire retardant clothing and also blasted because he startled the child walking through a smoke cloud looking like the "heat mizer!" Lol, not falling for it.

"If Trump saved a child"--but the Trump we know, why would he do that? Very doubtful.  We are talking about a guy who makes fun of the handicapped.  A bully.

If Trump really saved a child, there would be a sigh of relief from the world. Maybe he is not as bad as he seems. You imply Trump is ridiculed no matter what he does, but Trump is someone who does ridiculous things. Hence the ridicule. Stop excusing him from personal responsibility and blaming the messenger.

How about this--If Trump shot a person in Times Square, he would not lose any support from his base. Obama, Hillary, Cruz, Kasich, Bush--virtually every other politician on the planet would lose it all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-04-2017, 12:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So executive orders that just announce his intent to do things are the same as doing things? 

The swamp wasn't drained. Mexico isn't paying for the wall. The wall isn't even a guarantee. We're bombing other countries. Hillary isn't in jail. He isn't staying in the White House. He is golfing more than Obama. Wall St is filling up his administration. Rural areas are going to get hurt the most by his cuts. There isn't an Obamacare replacement that improves healthcare. No embassy in Jerusalem. 

But, hey, he signed an executive order that says he's going to look into waste, so he's cutting waste! He signed an executive order that says he's going to beat ISIS, that's the same as beating them!

Appreciate the critique, but a debate was not what I was trying to elicit from you people, so the same thing I just told Gino in post#22 goes for you as well.

I mean heres a guy, inexperienced in the political arena giving his best effort to do what he said he would do. No reasonable person can refute this....so I guess I should expect a lot of refuting.

So what's your reason for hating Trump?

Face it,  the "failures" and or criticisms of Trump that you point out have no bearing on your hatred toward him.
You were already predestined to hate him before he even stepped foot in Washington.
(06-04-2017, 11:58 PM)Dill Wrote:  We are talking about a guy who makes fun of the handicapped.  A bully.

I like to make fun of liberals too.
(06-04-2017, 11:59 PM)Vlad Wrote: Appreciate the critique, but a debate was not what I was trying to elicit from you people, so the same thing I just told Gino in post#22 goes for you as well.
I mean heres a guy, inexperienced in the political arena giving his best effort to do what he said he would do. No reasonable person can refute this....so I guess I should expect a lot of refuting.

Face it,  the "failures" and or criticisms of Trump that you point out have no bearing on your hatred toward him.
You were already predestined to hate him before he even stepped foot in Washington.

Here is a guy, inexperienced in the political arena, who plays a lot of golf and is screwing up right and left. He is spreading chaos from the White House to the rest of the government, and beyond the US. No reasonable person can refute this.

Face it. People"hate" Trump because, unlike you, they do not disconnect his words and actions from his responsibility for them.  They "hate" Trump because they prefer competence to incompetence, kindness and decency to cruelty and indecency.

The real question is why none of this bothers you, why you accept, or prefer, incompetence to competence, cruelty to kindness, etc.  That unvetted list of Trump's "accomplishments" you posted us above provides some clue.
The biggest problem I have with Trump besides how he disrespects people is his refusal to release his income taxes. There is something in them that he doesn't want the American people to see. What could that be?
(06-04-2017, 11:59 PM)Vlad Wrote: Appreciate the critique, but a debate was not what I was trying to elicit from you people, so the same thing I just told Gino in post#22 goes for you as well.

Clearly.  Because there are no facts to help you win that debate.  So you post your opinion and half-truths.  Not to say say Trump did anything good....just to obfuscate the issue that he hasn't done anything except more talk.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

As Pat pointed out, signing an executive order which accomplishes nothing other than a photo op of executive holding said executive order which can then be added to a list of nonaccomplishments isn't really "doing" anything.

"Whether or not Trump has accomplished what he set out to do is not the same thing."

You claim Trump is doing what he promised to do and yet, inexplicably, you claim actually doing what he promised to do is somehow different than actually doing what he promised to do. That's funnier than the rebuilding the military bullet comment.

BTW, my comments are not intended to elicit a debate from "you people."
(06-05-2017, 09:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: As Pat pointed out, signing an executive order which accomplishes nothing other than a photo op of executive holding said executive order which can then be added to a list of nonaccomplishments isn't really "doing" anything.

"Whether or not Trump has accomplished what he set out to do is not the same thing."

You claim Trump is doing what he promised to do and yet, inexplicably, you claim actually doing what he promised to do is somehow different than actually doing what he promised to do. That's funnier than the rebuilding the military bullet comment.

BTW, my comments are not intended to elicit a debate from "you people."

Hilarious  I have never seen anyone so up front and proud about mistaking appearance for reality.
(06-05-2017, 07:00 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: The biggest problem I have with Trump besides how he disrespects people is his refusal to release his income taxes. There is something in them that he doesn't want the American people to see. What could that be?

Agreed. But until enough people care, nothing can be done about it.

I think as the Russia investigation progresses, national security will require it.
(06-04-2017, 03:08 PM)Dill Wrote: To be fair, Vlad said he was "trying" to keep his  promises.  Remember, the bar is lower for Trump.

His base likes what Trump says and for them it's still all about what Trump says.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-04-2017, 03:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Unless he says something stupid (again) or wrong (again) or is caught in a lie (again).

Then we have to ignore his "words" and "know what is in his heart",

ThumbsUp

His words don't matter. That's why you can't use his words as a candidate when he called the travel ban a "ban on Muslims". 

It's not a travel ban. 

Wait... he just tweeted multiple times in the last 48 hours, referring to it as a "travel ban" and said he doesn't like that it was "Watered down" by the DOJ to be "PC"? 

I feel bad for his lawyers.

(06-05-2017, 10:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: His words don't matter. That's why you can't use his words as a candidate when he called the travel ban a "ban on Muslims". 

It's not a travel ban. 

Wait... he just tweeted multiple times in the last 48 hours, referring to it as a "travel ban" and said he doesn't like that it was "Watered down" by the DOJ to be "PC"? 

I feel bad for his lawyers.

Especially when they defense is to ask how far back we can go to look at what a person said.

How about this morning?

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-04-2017, 04:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes. And he could do more if career politicians got out of his way.

Yea, he could do more if he didn't have to follow the Constitution and be checked by the other branches. He could also do more if he actually worked (put down the clubs), got around to filling all executive appointments (and no, he isn't being stopped by the Senate here), and did things instead of signing executive orders that say he is going to do things. 

But I guess it is working. He's got people like you believing that he is doing stuff and that the swamp is getting in his way.

(06-04-2017, 11:59 PM)Vlad Wrote: I mean heres a guy, inexperienced in the political arena giving his best effort to do what he said he would do. No reasonable person can refute this....so I guess I should expect a lot of refuting.

I disagree. I don't think he is giving it his best effort. At the very least, he could have a fully functioning executive branch. As of a month ago, 85% of his appointments didn't even have a nominee. That's just lazy.

Quote:So what's your reason for hating Trump?

I think he makes a mockery out of the greatest job in the history of this planet. I believed he ran for his ego and his bank account and nothing he has done so far in office has made me think otherwise. I honestly believe that America's position will be hurt when his time in office is over. Even now that he is in office, he continues to act like a clown. It was one thing when he was a joke as a reality tv star, now he's a joke as the leader of the greatest nation ever. 

I've voted Libertarian and Republican far more times than I have ever voted Democratic. I can count the number of Democrats I have voted for on one hand, and I have been voting for 12 years. This isn't some political party thing. He's just a clown. 

(06-05-2017, 11:12 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I disagree. I don't think he is giving it his best effort. At the very least, he could have a fully functioning executive branch. As of a month ago, 85% of his appointments didn't even have a nominee. That's just lazy.

Lol, Pat, you call him "lazy." I call him "incompetent."  Vlad says he is "trying" sort of.

Could be we are all correct.
(06-05-2017, 11:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But I guess it is working. He's got people like you believing that he is doing stuff and that the swamp is getting in his way.

Here's the thing. Many are so far left or right, even good things are bad and people grab torches and run to the mountaintop demanding impeachment, retribution, etc. There is no great president because Americans are divided and we keep our own selves stagnant in growth because our horse blinders are too deep rooted to remove. Thank god I live in the middle and refuse to slop in the same mud as many. I hope one day as a nation, we can overcome our addictions to a certain party and advance as our founding fathers hoped. However, this won't happen in our lifetime.

(06-05-2017, 09:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's the thing. Many are so far left or right, even good things are bad and people grab torches and run to the mountaintop demanding impeachment, retribution, etc. There is no great president because Americans are divided and we keep our own selves stagnant in growth because our horse blinders are too deep rooted to remove. Thank god I live in the middle and refuse to slop in the same mud as many. I hope one day as a nation, we can overcome our addictions to a certain party and advance as our founding fathers hoped. However, this won't happen in our lifetime.

Viewing our parties from the middle, as you do, I am wondering which party's addictions we need to overcome. Which party follows the founding father's intentions?
(06-05-2017, 09:21 PM)Dill Wrote: Viewing our parties from the middle, as you do, I am wondering which party's addictions we need to overcome. Which party follows the founding father's intentions?

Neither.