Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana
(05-26-2017, 11:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So when I laughed at people who said Obama wasn't born in the US or that he was a Muslim etc, was I a (non)supporter of Obama?

The board is a microcosm of society and it is warped. If you don't get in lock-step with every trivial/ridiculous defamation of the duly elected President of The United States; YOU have a bias.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-26-2017, 11:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So when I laughed at people who said Obama wasn't born in the US or that he was a Muslim etc, was I a (non)supporter of Obama?

is that really a fair comparison?

These allegations against Obama were completely baseless, an invention, born in the fact-free zone.

Whenever there's an allegation against Trump which is similarly baseless, invented and fact-free, then sure, whoever laughs at that is not a Trump defender. I guess no one claims otherwise.
I just fail to see said allegations against Trump (not saying all are necessarily 100% true, but at least there's some base to things). You obviously do, and I am always willing to learn. I will laugh at things claimed about Trump that are equally baseless, invented and fact-free as was calling Obama a Kenyan muslim. What would be a good example of such an allegation coming from "the left"?
Meh.

Just another example of how overly sensitive and emotional conservatives can be.

Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Congress can refuse to seat (recognize) a newly elected member and basically overturn the election results according to the constitution. Not that the party in power would ever do that to one of their own.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unseated_members_of_the_United_States_Congress
from my ultra conservative friend on Facebook.

"My guess is body slamming a reporter is good for an extra 20% at the polls these days.  I can think of a few more that could use a good b-slap." 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(05-26-2017, 11:56 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: from my ultra conservative friend on Facebook.

"My guess is body slamming a reporter is good for an extra 20% at the polls these days.  I can think of a few more that could use a good b-slap." 
Didn't this incident actually hurt him? From what I understand he was the runaway winner before this incident and afterward the race tightened. I think the voters choose the more Conservative of the two candidates and will be perfectly happy if he is replaced with another conservative if he is found guilty of these charges.

Much like Dems did with Hills on the emails investigation and GOP did with Trump on the Russian investigation.

(05-26-2017, 11:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep. #Trump's fault

[Image: giphy.gif]

Not even close to the same thing.  

(05-26-2017, 11:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The board is a microcosm of society and it is warped. If you don't get in lock-step with every trivial/ridiculous defamation of the duly elected President of The United States; YOU have a bias.  

Where can one buy a brush that broad?

As to the bolded: Pointing out that a politician, who says he will work with DJT and supports DJT, acted like DJT said he wishes people could act (Kick his ass) is not being trivial/ridiculous unless one is trying to gloss over everything because people "pick on" Trump for little things too.

(05-26-2017, 11:44 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Meh.

Just another example of how overly sensitive and emotional conservatives can be.

Ninja

ThumbsUp
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-26-2017, 12:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't this incident actually hurt him? From what I understand he was the runaway winner before this incident and afterward the race tightened. I think the voters choose the more Conservative of the two candidates and will be perfectly happy if he is replaced with another conservative if he is found guilty of these charges.

Much like Dems did with Hills on the emails investigation and GOP did with Trump on the Russian investigation.

The polling was tighter than a lot of people realized. Public polls had a wide range of differences, but the margin of error for those was big (sometimes larger than the pollsters themselves admit, but stats nerds can spot). Internals from the GOP, as well as a couple of more public polls, had the race with a Gianforte lead of between 2 and 4 points. And that was before the incident (GOP internals leaked around 22nd, likely to play the expectations game).
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I want a cage matchmatch between this guy and Jesse Ventura to determine the next President!

BTW- Doesn't this guy look remarkably like the actor G.K. Simmons from "Burn After Reading"?

[Image: jksimmons_.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-26-2017, 12:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Not even close to the same thing.  

Because?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-26-2017, 12:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: As to the bolded: Pointing out that a politician, who says he will work with DJT and supports DJT, acted like DJT said he wishes people could act (Kick his ass) is not being trivial/ridiculous unless one is trying to gloss over everything because people "pick on" Trump for little things too.

So we can blame Bill Clinton for every politician that cheated on his or her spouse. 

The point is absolutely ridiculous.

(05-26-2017, 01:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Because?  

You mean the meme didn't fully explain the point to you?

(05-26-2017, 01:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Because?  

Trump is under investigation for a multitude of things. Mostly because of his and his administration's ties to Russia that they lied/covered up.

Saying people shouldn't talk about his hands or spray tan and then using those types of things to cover up the real issues is dumb.

If you were using the defense that because people (Trump) thought Obama was a Muslim so no one can criticize him ever it would be the same thing.  You were not.

There is nothing wrong with the laughing at the stupid things that people make fun of Trump for.  There's nothing wrong with people pointing out that it's silly.  the issue is when those things are used to distract from the actual issues.

If you stand up for what is true (Obama is not a Muslim) that isn't throwing your support behind him while claiming to not support him.

If you go on and on about people poking fun at Trump's small vocabulary...while still ignoring any real issues that is throwing your support behind Trump.

Or, to be more clear, if you keep saying you are a critic of "some things" Trump says/does/is but only respond to defend him on every point and claim it's just him getting more "scrutiny" you are definitely supporting him whether you want to admit it or not.

ThumbsUp
(05-26-2017, 01:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump is under investigation for a multitude of things. Mostly because of his and his administration's ties to Russia that they lied/covered up.

Saying people shouldn't talk about his hands or spray tan and then using those types of things to cover up the real issues is dumb.

If you were using the defense that because people (Trump) thought Obama was a Muslim so no one can criticize him ever it would be the same thing.  You were not.

There is nothing wrong with the laughing at the stupid things that people make fun of Trump for.  There's nothing wrong with people pointing out that it's silly.  the issue is when those things are used to distract from the actual issues.

If you stand up for what is true (Obama is not a Muslim) that isn't throwing your support behind him while claiming to not support him.

If you go on and on about people poking fun at Trump's small vocabulary...while still ignoring any real issues that is throwing your support behind Trump.

Or, to be more clear, if you keep saying you are a critic of "some things" Trump says/does/is but only respond to defend him on every point and claim it's just him getting more "scrutiny" you are definitely supporting him whether you want to admit it or not.

ThumbsUp

OK I've seen Alan Dershowitz argue with Jeffrey Toobin over the Russian/Trump/election issue, and the Comey firing saying there is nothing there.  Is he a (non)supporter?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-26-2017, 02:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: OK I've seen Alan Dershowitz argue with Jeffrey Toobin over the Russian/Trump/election issue, and the Comey firing saying there is nothing there.  Is he a (non)supporter?

No.  But I'm tired of explaining it.

And frankly you're either deliberately trying to not understand or your understand and are bored.
(05-26-2017, 01:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump is under investigation for a multitude of things. 

Trump is under investigation?
[Image: drudge.jpg]

Hilarious
(05-26-2017, 02:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.  But I'm tired of explaining it.

And frankly you're either deliberately trying to not understand or your understand and are bored.

Definitely bored, but on your biggest issues, Dershowitz is saying they are full of crap.  Now he may or may not be wrong, but he is in fact saying it's a bunch of nonsense.  He's not talking about his hair or his skin tone.

(05-26-2017, 03:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump is under investigation?

Good question.

I may have mistyped that as we don't know yet.  DJT said he was told he was not (3x) but he's the only one to say it.