Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans that you think should run for President in 2024
Ron DeSantis Not as charismatic as Trump, but will be a rock star on the National Stage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 11:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ron DeSantis  Not as charismatic as Trump, but will be a rock star on the National Stage.

His failings on Covid will prevent him from getting too far. Failing to act and seeing the largest spikes of deaths during the summer when the vast majority of states were seeing deaths flatline will hurt any chances that he has at appearing competent. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 12:26 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: His failings on Covid will prevent him from getting too far. Failing to act and seeing the largest spikes of deaths during the summer when the vast majority of states were seeing deaths flatline will hurt any chances that he has at appearing competent. 

Meh, I'm not sure that Florida's per capita death by covid is much higher or lower than any other State, when adjusted for population.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 12:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, I'm not sure that Florida's per capita death by covid is much higher or lower than any other State, when adjusted for population.

During that Summer spike, Alabama, Arizona, Mississippi, and South Carolina were the only states with a higher per capita death toll. Florida's was 19% higher than the average. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bumping this because he's still, so far, the only serving Conservative that has caught my attention. If any others not listed in this thread have popped up since I started it, please roll them out.

And I have never thought that going with Desantis is moving on from Trump. ^^^^ THAT ^^^^ and possibly some one else rising, that we don't know about yet, is moving on from Trump.

As an Independent, I view Desantis as a Trump wannabe far more than anything else. Watching the cat fight between the two will be somewhat entertaining but mostly a bore. Desantis hasn't really stood up to him . . . yet. He's either waiting for the DOJ or Georgia to make Trump a bit more vulnerable before he finally lashes back or he already knows what dirt Trump has on him.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nikki Haley, all day.  I think she's a slam dunk win.

The woman who said Rev Warnock should be 'deported' ? 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Something to keep in mind...seldomly does the one anointed 2 years out go on to win the presidency. In fact, they are lucky to even win the nomination

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 05:00 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bumping this because he's still, so far, the only serving Conservative that has caught my attention. If any others not listed in this thread have popped up since I started it, please roll them out.

And I have never thought that going with Desantis is moving on from Trump. ^^^^ THAT ^^^^ and possibly some one else rising, that we don't know about yet, is moving on from Trump.

As an Independent, I view Desantis as a Trump wannabe far more than anything else. Watching the cat fight between the two will be somewhat entertaining but mostly a bore. Desantis hasn't really stood up to him . . . yet. He's either waiting for the DOJ or Georgia to make Trump a bit more vulnerable before he finally lashes back or he already knows what dirt Trump has on him.

Are you suggesting that, while in office, Trump used his apparently unaccountable powers to collect info on political opponents, which he still has? 

Well I think it is a stretch to think someone who held the highest office in the land would misuse or mishandle intel for personal gain.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 02:04 PM)Dill Wrote: Are you suggesting that, while in office, Trump used his apparently unaccountable powers to collect info on political opponents, which he still has? 

Well I think it is a stretch to think someone who held the highest office in the land would misuse or mishandle intel. 

Sarcasm

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 02:04 PM)Dill Wrote: Are you suggesting that, while in office, Trump used his apparently unaccountable powers to collect info on political opponents, which he still has? 

Well I think it is a stretch to think someone who held the highest office in the land would misuse or mishandle intel for personal gain.

It's pretty wacky to think the GOP adopted the same mindset that half of the women on Intervention cited for their choice in men.

"I didn't want to be abused, so I figured if I dated a man who was a violent drug dealer and career criminal everyone would be too scared of him to abuse me, but then he like....started abusing me himself for some reason."

Well, I guess it's more like any sci fi movie where in the 3rd act the monster turns upon its creator.
Reply/Quote