Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Repulicans seeking the release of the Biden tapes
Biden has no legal grounds to stop the audio tape being released. Garland has no legal grounds either.

My wish is Congress hold Garland in contempt, then if Trump is elected, put the partisan hack of an AG in jail for violating the subpoena from Congress. It is what Democrats did with Republicans, so it would be fair outcome. Vote to hold in contempt, then wait to send to the DOJ until February, 2025.

Congress has a right to listen to the audio to ensure the transcript is 100% accurate. What happened to Biden's transparency? Just one more lie from Biden on the campaign trail.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 01:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Biden has no legal grounds to stop the audio tape being released. Garland has no legal grounds either.

My wish is Congress hold Garland in contempt, then if Trump is elected, put the partisan hack of an AG in jail for violating the subpoena from Congress. It is what Democrats did with Republicans, so it would be fair outcome. Vote to hold in contempt, then wait to send to the DOJ until February, 2025.

They sent republicans in jail for ignoring a Congressional subpoena? Interesting, and there I thought McCarthy, Barr, Ross, Meadows, Scavino, Perry, Jordan and all these folks are still running around free. I must have been mistaken then.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 10:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952026z8q57s9vs09mnqt...y.gif&ct=g]

Sorry, had to stop there. Had a hard time breathing because of how funny this was. This tactic pretty much describes what the modern day GOP does, day in and day out, and their followers latch onto it. Hell, the discussion about the voter registration EO is based on them doing exactly that and riling up the base. Trump and the media that supports him use this as their bread and butter and the MAGA crowds scarf it up and regurgitate it. Half the threads posted in this forum are based on that (and by one individual). The house has been especially guilty of this in the past two years, which is why there is zero reason to believe they are making the request in good faith and every reason to not pass it off to them.

Easy to see why Qanon was so successful with conservatives. Their attachment to reality is shaky at best.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 01:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Biden has no legal grounds to stop the audio tape being released. Garland has no legal grounds either.

Congress has a right to listen to the audio to ensure the transcript is 100% accurate. What happened to Biden's transparency? Just one more lie from Biden on the campaign trail.

Seriously, after Trump had 2 partisan hacks as AGs in his first term you honestly think he would not do the same in the 2md? 

Come on!! Be honest

Will subpoena ignoring Jim Jordan guarantee that those tapes wouldn't be creatively edited and leaked?  No way...that's why he wants those tapes in the first place.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:04 PM)pally Wrote: Seriously, after Trump had 2 partisan hacks as AGs in his first term you honestly think he would not do the same in the 2md? 

Come on!! Be honest

Will subpoena ignoring Jim Jordan guarantee that those tapes wouldn't be creatively edited and leaked?  No way...that's why he wants those tapes in the first place.  

It's like how they won't release all the tapes from January 6th. They only release snippets to support their version of events because releasing it all to the public would show their flock voters are traitors to the tenets of our democracy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's like how they won't release all the tapes from January 6th. They only release snippets to support their version of events because releasing it all to the public would show their flock voters are traitors to the tenets of our democracy.

Fairly condescending, considering the revelations coming from the release of the videos.

I would have thought better.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:33 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Fairly condescending, considering the revelations coming from the release of the videos.

I would have thought better.

The parts that you have seen because of their selective release that is intended to make you see that version of events.

And it's not condescension. It's disgust. That is how I view those that are actively undermining the tenets of our nation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The parts that you have seen because of their selective release that is intended to make you see that version of events.

And it's not condescension. It's disgust. That is how I view those that are actively undermining the tenets of our nation.

Since you clearly know what parts I was referencing, tell me about them?

I am surprised you fell for the same thing you are accusing me of falling for. Until the full release of the videos, all you have seen has been selected by the committee, yet it is accepted without question. Now more video is released, and you're making that same accusation of what you have already fallen for.

It was a dark day, an a lot of people bad bad decisions, no doubt. But the public has not seen the full truth yet, only snippets that were hand picked. Kind of similar to the situation the left fear the right will do, and likely will do, if they get Joe Biden competency tapes. One side had control of the videos and was clipping and cutting to push a narrative. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:49 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Since you clearly know what parts I was referencing, tell me about them?

I am surprised you fell for the same thing you are accusing me of falling for. Until the full release of the videos, all you have seen has been selected by the committee, yet it is accepted without question. Now more video is released, and you're making that same accusation of what you have already fallen for.

It was a dark day, an a lot of people bad bad decisions, no doubt. But the public has not seen the full truth yet, only snippets that were hand picked. Kind of similar to the situation the left fear the right will do, and likely will do, if they get Joe Biden competency tapes. One side had control of the videos and was clipping and cutting to push a narrative. 

What makes you think I know which parts? Anything you have seen has been selectively released to spin a narrative. That is what I am saying. If you base your opinions on the videos released by the House from any point then you are being fed a narrative. I don't see how I have fallen for anything given that I don't watch the videos or really read any news about them other than knowing bits and pieces have been released. I know from the reporting on that day what happened. I know people illegal entered the Capitol, assaulted LEOs, tried to break into the chambers, broke windows, stole property, etc.

January 6th aside, that wouldn't have even needed to occur for me to view the MAGA movement the way I do. Trump has repeatedly shown a preference for autocrats and autocratic tendencies. Unfortunately, he is not the cause of this movement in the GOP; they have been pushing for more power vested in the executive for quite some time and they openly admit that the more people that vote the less likely they are to win, so they look for policy options to suppress the vote.

The MAGA movement and the modern GOP are anti-democratic, and that is specifically with a lower-case d.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 08:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What makes you think I know which parts? Anything you have seen has been selectively released to spin a narrative. That is what I am saying. If you base your opinions on the videos released by the House from any point then you are being fed a narrative. I don't see how I have fallen for anything given that I don't watch the videos or really read any news about them other than knowing bits and pieces have been released. I know from the reporting on that day what happened. I know people illegal entered the Capitol, assaulted LEOs, tried to break into the chambers, broke windows, stole property, etc.

January 6th aside, that wouldn't have even needed to occur for me to view the MAGA movement the way I do. Trump has repeatedly shown a preference for autocrats and autocratic tendencies. Unfortunately, he is not the cause of this movement in the GOP; they have been pushing for more power vested in the executive for quite some time and they openly admit that the more people that vote the less likely they are to win, so they look for policy options to suppress the vote.

The MAGA movement and the modern GOP are anti-democratic, and that is specifically with a lower-case d.

I agree a lot of people made bad choices that day. I believe more good people got swept up in the moment and mob mentality, than there were people with true bad intentions. Regardless, if you do something illegal, there should be appropriate consequences.

I agree that people are eating up the narrative they are being fed about 1/6, and as more information comes out, the more truth we will see. Heck, the story of Capitol Officer Harry Dunn has been blown out of the water. I believe their is a journalist with the last name of Baker who is working on a story covering the events. He was in the capitol covering the event, so it will be interesting to see if there is any meat to his coverage.

We will have to agree to disagree about the MAGA movement, as I do not see that at all first hand. Most sides have that extremist percentage, and to judge the whole by that small portion is not something I am up for doing.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2024, 08:27 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: We will have to agree to disagree about the MAGA movement, as I do not see that at all first hand. Most sides have that extremist percentage, and to judge the whole by that small portion is not something I am up for doing.

I think the difference here is that I view the MAGA movement as an extremist movement. The positions and characteristics of the movement itself are extremist based on my experience in political science and my understanding of the research.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2024, 11:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think the difference here is that I view the MAGA movement as an extremist movement. The positions and characteristics of the movement itself are extremist based on my experience in political science and my understanding of the research.

I would disagree with that as a whole, but do not doubt there are extremists in the group, same as any other political group, that ramp it past 10 on the crazy scale.

All good.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2024, 11:22 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I would disagree with that as a whole, but do not doubt there are extremists in the group, same as any other political group, that ramp it past 10 on the crazy scale.

All good.

You're focusing on the members. I am talking about what Trump and other officials in the movement are doing. They take extremist positions, as such, the movement that supports them is an extremist movement.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:04 PM)pally Wrote: Seriously, after Trump had 2 partisan hacks as AGs in his first term you honestly think he would not do the same in the 2md? 
Come on!! Be honest

I think he is being honest. 

He does not see Sessions and Barr as "partisan hacks." 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 08:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What makes you think I know which parts? Anything you have seen has been selectively released to spin a narrative. That is what I am saying. If you base your opinions on the videos released by the House from any point then you are being fed a narrative. I don't see how I have fallen for anything given that I don't watch the videos or really read any news about them other than knowing bits and pieces have been released. I know from the reporting on that day what happened. I know people illegal entered the Capitol, assaulted LEOs, tried to break into the chambers, broke windows, stole property, etc.

In my view the Capitol Insurrection was just a thing that happened, like a sudden thunderstorm, and some people go caught up in it. No one was really responsible. 

But from the Jan 6 Committee we only have a one-sided picture from the cherry picking Dems who focused on Trump calling his supporters to a mass rally on Jan. 6 to tell them the election was stolen and then sending them to the Capitol to take their country back,

timed just as Pence received lists of forged electoral votes from seven states prepared weeks in advance and demands from Trump to "Do the Right Thing!" 

as Proud Boys and Oath Keepers in contact with Trump friend Roger Stone led the mob into the Capitol smashing doors and' windows with zip ties in their
belts, sending Congress running for their lives.

You've only seen video of Trump, the C-in-C, watching the riot for hours and doing nothing to stop it.  And only heard one side of the story from shocked Trump staffers and RINO traitors like Bill Barr, who explained to Trump that the election hadn't been stolen, to make you think Trump knew he was lying when set the deadly riot in motion. 

If you hadn't been selectively shown all that legally pertinent footage and testimony and documentary evidence--i.e., "fed a narrative"--and you just saw footage of people calmly wandering around the Capitol NOT chanting "Death to Pence" or stealing private property from Pelosi's office, you wouldn't be tarring all those rioters and Trump and his WH staff and GOP party leaders as "extremists."  

Dems are like police detectives sifting through 24-hours of 7/11 surveillance video to focus only on the legally relevant 2 min, when a robbery was committed and withholding all the rest to feed a court the narrative they want to effect conviction. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR TRICKS!  After all, the defense could just as easily prove that for 23 hrs there was no robbery at all. 

Until we get the full 44,000 hrs of insurrection video footage--the FULL TRUTH--

we can never know for sure what REALLY happened on Jan. 6, and who, if anyone, should be held accountable.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's like how they won't release all the tapes from January 6th. They only release snippets to support their version of events because releasing it all to the public would show their flock voters are traitors to the tenets of our democracy.

And how Dems lost over a terrabyte of info right after Jan 6th. Cause you know, no one kept any accurate records....
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 07:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And how Dems lost over a terrabyte of info right after Jan 6th. Cause you know, no one kept any accurate records....

I had to look that up. I’m pretty sure we would be hearing about that every day if it was legitimate?

Makes me think this could have been one of those alternative fact narratives spun up by the right wing media machine that manages to become hard hitting dems are scum irrefutable facts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/08/21/no-congressman-did-not-say-j6-panel-destroyed-records-fact-check/70620164007/

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2023-08-14/republicans-accuse-jan-6-house-select-committee-of-withholding-materials

So democrats buried the truth about Jan 6? Ok. I guess we’ll just assume they are coving up for the false flag operation the deep state operatives executed that day to make maga look bad.
Reply/Quote