Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue Rangers Trailer
I didn't know I wanted this 'reboot' until I saw this trailer.  

-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
That might be a reboot I can get behind. I'm getting tired of the remakes of every animated film, but this is a different spin. Looks fun!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Us old guys really hate to do this, but we took a vote and your cartoons really suck. WE had Bugs and Duck Dodger in the 25th and a half century.. 
Granted Bugs was also a rodent, but he was a bad ass rodent. Chipmunks never saved anyone from anything..  Mellow AND we had freakin Tinkerbell, the original Santa Clauses snitch or at least that's what my mom had us convinced was going on..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 06:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: Us old guys really hate to do this, but we took a vote and your cartoons really suck. WE had Bugs and Duck Dodger in the 25th and a half century.. 
Granted Bugs was also a rodent, but he was a bad ass rodent. Chipmunks never saved anyone from anything..  Mellow AND we had freakin Tinkerbell, the original Santa Clauses snitch or at least that's what my mom had us convinced was going on..  Tongue

Well they aren't making a movie out of that series...they're making one out of Rescue Rangers.  One could only assume it's because there's nobody left alive (except you) that remembers a cartoon series from 1953.  :)
Reply/Quote
Rescue Rangers was my favorite as a kid. Kinda had a weird little crush on Gadget….kinda only partly realized that I couldn’t hook up with a cartoon mouse.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 09:10 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Rescue Rangers was my favorite as a kid. Kinda had a weird little crush on Gadget….kinda only partly realized that I couldn’t hook up with a cartoon mouse.

we had a friend in high school we nicknamed "Gadget" because she had big ears and lips.  She wore that shit like a badge of honor.  Her AOL screenname was something O0Gadget, she was so proud.  lol

So...not completely unreasonable lol.  
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 06:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: Us old guys really hate to do this, but we took a vote and your cartoons really suck. WE had Bugs and Duck Dodger in the 25th and a half century.. 

Fun fact:

Rescue Rangers are Chip 'n Dale. They were created in 1943, which was 10 years before Duck Dodgers. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Rescue rangers was one of my favorite NES games.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 02:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact:

Rescue Rangers are Chip 'n Dale. They were created in 1943, which was 10 years before Duck Dodgers. 

Ever watch the original Chip and Dale? it had 0 to do with rescuing anything. Rescue Rangers came about thanks to the magic of historical revisionism..  Smirk
Kind of like the idea of Daffy Duck pimping out little chicks to seedy older roosters..  Someone took an older idea and changed it completely to something else so comparing them to the 1943 version is really reaching..  I'm not telling anyone to not enjoy it.. Enjoy them all you want.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: Ever watch the original Chip and Dale? it had 0 to do with rescuing anything. Rescue Rangers came about thanks to the magic of historical revisionism..  Smirk
Kind of like the idea of Daffy Duck pimping out little chicks to seedy older roosters..  Someone took an older idea and changed it completely to something else so comparing them to the 1943 version is really reaching..  I'm not telling anyone to not enjoy it.. Enjoy them all you want.. 

The old Chip and Dale where they drew out Donald Duck's anger management issues were (and still are) great.  But it was fun to give them personalities of their own.  I honestly don't see them as the same characters, though.  
Reply/Quote