Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Respect for Adam Jones
As most of us Bengal fans know, Adam Jones had a history of troubling incidents outside of football.In the last few years he has spoken at the NFL rookie symposium,married, and become a consummate corner.
This man brings talent and passion as a returner and defensive back who shares his knowledge with other players.
He also expressed a desire " to only be known as Adam ".
Is it disrespectful to persist in using the old nickname or has he changed his mind ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I try not to use the Pacman moniker since he has asked not to be known as that person anymore. As long as he doesn't revert to that person, I think his request to be called by his given name should be honored.
Reply/Quote
In in-person converations I still refer to him as "Pacman."  Mostly because the person will instantly know to whom I'm referring.  If I don't it becomes 'Jones.  Adam Jones.  Sheesh, Pacman!'  So, time saver and all. 

But, I promise if I ever see him in prson and have a reason to call him by name, I will call him...well, "Mr. Jones," because that's the polite thing to do.  "Adam," if he insists. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Picman
Reply/Quote
The post whistle stuff gets under my skin at times but I'm willing to put up with it because of the passion he brings. He's become the leader, at least one of the leaders of our defense and I love the fire ! He's earned the right to be called Adam.

I wish we could have 1/3 of Adam's fire rub off on A.J.
Reply/Quote
I like how he has changed for the better, at least for the most part and I refer to him as Adam Jones instead of that other name to help put that part of him in the past.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 04:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The post whistle stuff gets under my skin at times but I'm willing to put up with it because of the passion he brings. He's become the leader, at least one of the leaders of our defense and I love the fire ! He's earned the right to be called Adam.

I wish we could have 1/3 of Adam's fire rub off on A.J.

McCarron doesn't even step on the field unless it's to congratulate Dalton on a TD Pass so why would he need the Passion of Jones?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
There is a highlight video of the 2013 season on Youtube.  Before the Patriots game, Brady came over and hugged him and said "What's up Pacman?".  He didn't seem to mind.  I bet most of his teammates call him Pacman as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Pacman is about 2 years removed from smacking a lady at a bar. I'm over 50 years old and have never done that in my life. I have no problem calling him Pacman.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 02:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In in-person converations I still refer to him as "Pacman."  Mostly because the person will instantly know to whom I'm referring.  If I don't it becomes 'Jones.  Adam Jones.  Sheesh, Pacman!'  So, time saver and all. 

But, I promise if I ever see him in prson and have a reason to call him by name, I will call him...well, "Mr. Jones," because that's the polite thing to do.  "Adam," if he insists. 

Is this supposed to say prison?  Jk...... Kinda
Reply/Quote
Meh, he's been in plenty of trouble since he started the "call me Adam" initiative, so I'm skeptical the nickname has much to do with it. Anyways, he's been a great player for the Bengals, so that's what counts to me.
Reply/Quote
I think Jones is shooting for the Hall and knows he needs to clean up his image....
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 01:11 AM)Cure4CF Wrote: Is this supposed to say prison?  Jk...... Kinda

Well, in prison I'd definetly call him Mr. Jones Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pacman is about 2 years removed from smacking a lady at a bar. I'm over 50 years old and have never done that in my life. I have no problem calling him Pacman.

(12-06-2015, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, he's been in plenty of trouble since he started the "call me Adam" initiative, so I'm skeptical the nickname has much to do with it.  Anyways, he's been a great player for the Bengals, so that's what counts to me.

This is how I feel about him.
Reply/Quote
His momma called him Jones, I'm gonna call him Jones
Reply/Quote