Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Respect to the Elders
On a team full of youngsters, we have Kevin Huber (36) and Clark Harris (37). Two guys that have been around since 2009.

They've seen the Cardiac Cats. The TOcho show. The trade demand. 5 straight playoff appearances. 5 straight losing seasons. 10 different o/d coordinators. A broken jaw for Huber. One pro bowl for each.

Now they're in the Super Bowl. Tip of the cap to these two.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals beat writer - “so Clark, what will you do if you win the Super Bowl”

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Clark Harris - pride of Manahawkin, NJ and Rutgers University!
Reply/Quote
Aged like Presidents going through all that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bengals beat writer - “so Clark, what will you do if you win the Super Bowl”

[Image: coffee-spit.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 06:02 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Clark Harris - pride of Manahawkin, NJ and Rutgers University!

I actually had a back and forth with him on Twitter (like, 2-3 tweets each lol, nothing major) about how he had INCREDIBLE college receiving numbers at Rugers and never even ran a route in the NFL and how I always considered him a, "what if?" if we ever needed another TE in a pinch.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/clark-harris-1.html
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 06:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I actually had a back and forth with him on Twitter (like, 2-3 tweets each lol, nothing major) about how he had INCREDIBLE college receiving numbers at Rugers and never even ran a route in the NFL and how I always considered him a, "what if?" if we ever needed another TE in a pinch.

Hey Truck love you buddy! So happy for you and you guys deserve it!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bengals beat writer - “so Clark, what will you do if you win the Super Bowl”

This is awesome LOL
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 06:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I actually had a back and forth with him on Twitter (like, 2-3 tweets each lol, nothing major) about how he had INCREDIBLE college receiving numbers at Rugers and never even ran a route in the NFL and how I always considered him a, "what if?" if we ever needed another TE in a pinch.

Yep...and Zac Taylor could be our emergency QB.

He had a solid career with Nebraska and even spent an offseason with the Bucs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep...and Zac Taylor could be our emergency QB.

He had a solid career with Nebraska and even spent an offseason with the Bucs.

He’s actually not too old just not talented enough.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 06:40 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey Truck love you buddy! So happy for you and you guys deserve it!

Thanks, PB!

In keeping with Clark Harris, he actually was drafted by you guys! LOL
Reply/Quote
This would be a hell of a way for Huber and Harris to go out if they retire after this game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: On a team full of youngsters, we have Kevin Huber (36) and Clark Harris (37). Two guys that have been around since 2009.

They've seen the Cardiac Cats. The TOcho show. The trade demand. 5 straight playoff appearances. 5 straight losing seasons. 10 different o/d coordinators. A broken jaw for Huber. One pro bowl for each.

Now they're in the Super Bowl. Tip of the cap to these two.

Set in the front row right where the defense and kickers all stood for last 30 years until this season. Anyway Huber and Clark were really cool and would talk to us on the sideline often, especially the UC fans who set next to me and wore his jersey. 

You can't interact with the regular players other than a quick acknowledgement here and there but they always have some spare time. Nugent was real friendly too and actually all the kickers, punters, and long snappers over last 30 years were very cool. Except for Rackers, he did not talk cordially much and would actually yell at fans at times.

Would not say we are friends but love seeing them get this experience. They definitely have seen the ups and downs.  Seem to recall Clark got the job when his friend St Louis was cut.  

Have a great pic of them both actually I took with my phone even. Took many over the years and its always been my favorite. if I remember tomorrow I will try and seee if some kid can figure out how to post it for you guys to see.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:54 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He’s actually not too old just not talented enough.

Well yeah...

He can probably chuck it around better than anybody on the roster not named Burrow or Allen though.

(02-01-2022, 02:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Set in the front row right where the defense and kickers all stood for last 30 years until this season. Anyway Huber and Clark were really cool and would talk to us on the sideline often, especially the UC fans who set next to me and wore his jersey. 

You can't interact with the regular players other than a quick acknowledgement here and there but they always have some spare time. Nugent was real friendly too and actually all the kickers, punters, and long snappers over last 30 years were very cool. Except for Rackers, he did not talk cordially much and would actually yell at fans at times.

Would not say we are friends but love seeing them get this experience. They definitely have seen the ups and downs.  Seem to recall Clark got the job when his friend St Louis was cut.  

Have a great pic of them both actually I took with my phone even. Took many over the years and its always been my favorite. if I remember tomorrow I will try and seee if some kid can figure out how to post it for you guys to see.

Would appreciate that.

Not surprised by Rackers, btw. He probably heard it from the fans, and he had to kick on that awful turf we had at PBS the first couple years.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 02:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Set in the front row right where the defense and kickers all stood for last 30 years until this season. Anyway Huber and Clark were really cool and would talk to us on the sideline often, especially the UC fans who set next to me and wore his jersey. 

I've always wondered what kind of hoops you have to go through to get front row seats behind the bench. In all my years, I've never seen one available, I guess they are all season ticket holders. What's the view of the game like?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This would be a hell of a way for Huber and Harris to go out if they retire after this game.

I certainly hope both can stay on. I have absolutely faith in those two on the field goal tries. I never expect a Romo drop or a bad snap or the punter fumbling the ball. Those two make it smooth and dependable for Shooter/McMoney/Money Mac/Legs. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:27 AM)Nepa Wrote: I certainly hope both can stay on. I have absolutely faith in those two on the field goal tries. I never expect a Romo drop or a bad snap or the punter fumbling the ball. Those two make it smooth and dependable for Shooter/McMoney/Money Mac/Legs. 

I think your D can shut down the Rams offense.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well yeah...

He can probably chuck it around better than anybody on the roster not named Burrow or Allen though.

Based on that Browns game, it wouldn't surprise me if Zac was a better QB than Allen.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This would be a hell of a way for Huber and Harris to go out if they retire after this game.

I hope Clark sticks around; while it would indeed be a great sendoff, I don't want him to leave LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've always wondered what kind of hoops you have to go through to get front row seats behind the bench. In all my years, I've never seen one available, I guess they are all season ticket holders. What's the view of the game like?

They have been bought every year since 1968 and grandfathered in. They are a block of 10 seats that most of the people are from the West Carrolton area where my father lived. Now all of them are since I sold them to the couple sitting next to me. Anyway we were all 16th row in old stadium but seniority allowed us to land on front row in PBS when turning in for best available. 

I was just fortunate, they are my fathers good friends and my father and me had two tickets that we had started buying in 1991. We always tailgated with these good folks and hung out at halftime and before game together as well. Fast forward a few years and there were back to back games where it was like -10 degrees with wind chill of 40 below. It was brutal, so my dad says heck no, so I get my best friend to go to first. Then 2nd game came around and it was the Vikings needing a win on Christmas Eve to go to playoffs and nobody would go. So drive up to game by myself and try to give ticket away outside, no takers, barren wasteland per it was last game of season of a bad year for Bengals.

I go down and hang out with my dads friends who had been buying these 10 seats since 1968 and they were astonished that I drove up from Louisville by myself in 40 below zero wind chill to see the Bengals play a meaningless game. Shook my hand and said we had two people pulling out of our block of 10 and have been looking for a diehard fan and believe we found him if you would like them, oh by the way we landed on the front row in new stadium,(my two landed on 9th) only rule is you can never bring an opposing fan. I said HELL YES  and that would allow me to bring a friend and my father as well and would would not have to drive alone to meet there. 

Oh and the view is incredible but if you are not careful you catch yourself watching sideline or HOT sideline commentators who were always right directly below my seat. Literally if I spilled my drink it would go into Erin Andrews and such's purse. Although in real life they do not look as good as on TV and usually have accentuated facial features except for Tracy Wolfson who still looks hot and normal in person. But they never talk, cheerleaders and players will but never the sideline reporters

So just really fell in my lap per being a loyal diehard Bengals fan when they were horrible and still cheap.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote