Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responding to words with violence?
(03-09-2017, 12:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: Call my wife a disrespectful name in front of me (with her present, or not) and I will respond with physical force.

[Todd and Margo Chester, the Beaker's yuppie neighbors, appear]

Todd: Hey Beaker. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Beaker: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Beaker.
Beaker: I wasn't talking to you.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(03-09-2017, 12:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: Call my wife a disrespectful name in front of me (with her present, or not) and I will respond with physical force.

To each his own.  Personally, one of my faaaavorite things about my best gal is the fact that she can respond to insults with a shrug and a scoff with the best of 'em. Hell, she'd probably ask you to try harder next time.

No foolin' but I've actually inadvertently escalated confrontations with people because I wouldn't get upset with them or yell back.  People seem to have a set script they like to follow and deviation from it causes a lot of stress.  I yell, you  yell back.  If you refuse to yell back things get complicated.

I remember in high school when I was a freshman there was a senior who one several occasions would go into graphic detail about how ugly my mom and sister were (he had never seen either, but I guess that doesn't matter) and how brutally and how frequently he had sex with them. I let him blather on about it for a while and then I just asked him if he thought it was normal to say these sorts of things. He looked confused. I guess it was. Ahh, memories.

Er wait, I mean he insulted my mom and sister and I kicked his ass! Well, he was bigger than me so I didn't really have that option unless I brought a gun or other weapon to school and shot him. Too much work, but that was 20 years ago so I guess I might be a free man again today if I had done it.
(03-09-2017, 08:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: To each his own.  Personally, one of my faaaavorite things about my best gal is the fact that she can respond to insults with a shrug and a scoff with the best of 'em.  Hell, she'd probably ask you to try harder next time.

No foolin' but I've actually inadvertently escalated confrontations with people because I wouldn't get upset with them or yell back.  People seem to have a set script they like to follow and deviation from it causes a lot of stress.  I yell, you  yell back.  If you refuse to yell back things get complicated.

I remember in high school when I was a freshman there was a senior who one several occasions would go into graphic detail about how ugly my mom and sister were (he had never seen either, but I guess that doesn't matter) and how brutally and how frequently he had sex with them.  I let him blather on about it for a while and then I just asked him if he thought it was normal to say these sorts of things.  He looked confused.  I guess it was.  Ahh, memories.

Er wait, I mean he insulted my mom and sister and I kicked his ass!  Well, he was bigger than me so I didn't really have that option unless I brought a gun or other weapon to school and shot him.  Too much work, but that was 20 years ago so I guess I might be a free man again today if I had done it.

I know the ability to take an insult is one of the first things I look for in a woman
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-09-2017, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know the ability to take an insult is one of the first things I look for in a woman

I can't tell if you are being sincere or not.  Judging by the fact that you are snark personified I will assume you DO look for women that can take an insult.  Do we agree on something?  Nice.

I can tell you from experience, being with a woman who can misconstrue "Hello" into a barrage of insults is no picnic.  I was frustrated at first, but looking back I feel sorry for her. She legitimately seemed to have some sort of compulsion to think that everything was:

A. about her
B. completely insulting

That can't be an easy way to roll through life.
(03-09-2017, 08:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't tell if you are being sincere or not.  Judging by the fact that you are snark personified I will assume you DO look for women that can take an insult.  Do we agree on something?  Nice.

Yep, back when young bfine was in the game he used to go to the clubs and insult the ladies. The one who took it best was the new Ms bfine for the night.

Ok, I'm done. I just found it sad that the quality to take an insult is a trait you even know your wife has.

(03-10-2017, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, back when young bfine was in the game he used to go to the clubs and insult the ladies. The one who took it best was the new Ms bfine for the night.

There is something to be said for negative compliments (negs).
Insults wouldn't fair too well though, as every white knight would come running in.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(03-10-2017, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, back when young bfine was in the game he used to go to the clubs and insult the ladies. The one who took it best was the new Ms bfine for the night.

Ok, I'm done. I just found it sad that the quality to take an insult is a trait you even know your wife has.

I didn't say I was the one insulting her.  Forgive me if I like the fact that my woman's self-esteem doesn't crumble the second some d-bag tosses some flak her way.

I also find it pretty hard to believe you don't look for women who can tolerate mouthy d-bags.
(03-10-2017, 05:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I didn't say I was the one insulting her.  

Never accused you of such.

Guess I've just been lucky as I've never witnessed my wife being insulted.

(03-10-2017, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Never accused you of such.

Guess I've just been lucky as I've never witnessed my wife being insulted.

Your wife must lead an incredibly charmed life.  Well, minus the marrying you part.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
(03-10-2017, 05:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Your wife must lead an incredibly charmed life.  
Nah, she's just good looking.

(03-10-2017, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, she's just good looking.

Fair enough.  I just figured a straight-talker like you would look for a woman who wasn't' an easily offended snowflake.  It's all good, maybe you two can find a nice safe space together where the outside world won't have a chance to blow sand up your vajayjays. 
(03-10-2017, 06:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair enough.  I just figured a straight-talker like you would look for a woman who wasn't' an easily offended snowflake.  It's all good, maybe you two can find a nice safe space together where the outside world won't have a chance to blow sand up your vajayjays. 

Didn't say she was easily offended. Just said She's never been insulted in my presence.

You're just kinda making this up as you go aren't you?

(03-10-2017, 06:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't say she was easily offended. Just said She's never been insulted in my presence.

You're just kinda making this up as you go aren't you?

What am I making up?  All I said was that my gf could laugh off asinine comments and I appreciated that trait.  You're the one pissing on my parade and then volunteering info about your hot wife who never gets insulted when you are around.