Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rest In Peace, John Sawyer
Bengals primary owner and president from 1967 to 1993. He and his friend Bill Hackett worked hard to convince Paul Brown to be the head coach and GM and help start a team in Cincinnati. ....So he was the primary owner in 2 Super Bowl Trips, 2 AFC Championships, 7 Play-Off Seasons. He brought Cincinnati into the AFL and was owner when Cincinnati became part of the NFL. .....After Paul Brown died in 1991, he sold his primary ownership to Mike Brown and The Brown Family in 1993. The Bengals would get really bad for a decade becoming The Bungles. The owner that brought Pro Football to Cincinnati had mostly success from 1967 to 1993. ......Rest In Peace, John Sawyer. Thanks for bringing AFL and NFL Football to Cincinnati for the fans from 1968 to 2015.

" The Bengals would not have come into existence if not for his efforts " - Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
I didn't really know who John Sawyer was, but it sounds like he played an integral part in bringing the Bengals to Cincinnati, so for that I say God bless him and may he rest in peace.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.  
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 12:11 PM)bengalstruth Wrote: I didn't really know who John Sawyer was, but it sounds like he played an integral part in bringing the Bengals to Cincinnati, so for that I say God bless him and may he rest in peace.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.  

I didn't know it either, but I read it on Bengals.Com.....and I see that even though Bengals.com eliminated their Jungle Noise....but on shutting down, suggested this site as an option.......I still see Bengals.Com Home Page info will be worth clicking on and reading, and this site to comment. 
Reply/Quote