Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rest In Peace Tim Hedrick
[Image: Cgw2bc4W0AA-7uQ.jpg]

Hedrick died Saturday morning. He had not been seen on TV since he emailed me Feb. 23 to explain he was recovering from some undisclosed surgery.

An Illinois native, he came here in 1988, and with Rob Braun & Kit Andrews built Local 12 into a powerhouse No. 1. The 'Weather Authority' branding was complemented by Tim's love fest with his fans at his Friday Night Football Forecasts and Grilling With Tim. He was a giant at what we Baby Boomers called Tall 12. He became one of us -- not always an easy trick for an out-of towners -- so much so that people asked him if we went to Oak Hills, Elder, St X or Western Hills.

In my 30 years covering TV, he was the most popular TV personality in town, not just a weather personality. And he was the nicest guy in the world.

I was born in '87 and from the time I can remember he was "My weather man" I turned to. From Weather,grillin with Tim to Friday night football he was always at some point on my TV that day. He was not from here but he was if you know what I mean. Always rooting for Cincy teams.This one hits the tri-state pretty hard. He will be missed.
Reply/Quote
Is the first part of this written by someone else and then the last paragraph by you? I'm trying to reconcile you're having covered tv for 30 years and having been born in 1987.

I'm in Dayton so I didn't get to see him much apart from seeing him briefly on the TVs at PBS before games, but may he rest in peace.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If Tim showed up on air with the sleeves rolled up, trouble was a comin'.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 08:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Is the first part of this written by someone else and then the last paragraph by you?  I'm trying to reconcile you're having covered tv for 30 years and having been born in 1987.  

I'm in Dayton so I didn't get to see him much apart from seeing him briefly on the TVs at PBS before games, but may he rest in peace.

yeah the first part was a quote
Reply/Quote